Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:22 PM

491 posts, read 319,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Stop all the speculating.......It's gonna be Jim Webb..(D)
I forgot about Jim Webb, who has signaled support for Trump.

The thing is that Webb would not really help Trump all that much, because the far-left would instantly marginalize him. And I personally cannot stand Webb because he provided the deciding vote for ObamaCare. (IMO, it would be the height of hypocrisy for the Trumpettes to embrace a Webb VP selection, given that these folks always trash John McCain and Lindsay Graham as RINOs, even though both of those men voted against ObamaCare and have deviated far less from conservative orthodoxy than Webb has.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 06:25 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
I think Tiny Tim woulda been a great running mate for "Over the Hill-ary"......"tip toe, thru the tulips,,,thru the tulips...and then the rose garden.....woo wooo....."

Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Probable Trump VP candidates

In no particular order:

Joe the plumber

Sarah Palin

One of his daughters

Jeb!

Little Marco

Lyin' Ted

Reagan's ghost

Dick Cheney

Old 05-16-2016, 12:08 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
I'm mostly okay with Jim Webb, he tends to be moderate but....

Do you folks not get that Trump is the Republican nominee? He chose not to run as an Independent, therefore he is not totally free to just choose whomever he wants as his VP. The determination of his VP will be done before the convention, and whoever it is will be a peace offering to the party faithful. It will not be someone who isn't a Republican. Period. Even Trump knows that and said so when Carson said it could be a Democrat.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:15 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
Who's Sec. Clinton's probable VP picks?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:29 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
How about Mike Webb?

Old 05-17-2016, 09:32 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
How about Mike Webb?
Spud Webb!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:38 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Spud Webb!
Known to his friends as "Busta".

Old 05-17-2016, 10:17 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I'm mostly okay with Jim Webb, he tends to be moderate but....

Do you folks not get that Trump is the Republican nominee? He chose not to run as an Independent, therefore he is not totally free to just choose whomever he wants as his VP. The determination of his VP will be done before the convention, and whoever it is will be a peace offering to the party faithful. It will not be someone who isn't a Republican. Period. Even Trump knows that and said so when Carson said it could be a Democrat.
No, I don't think most people do realize that. They think Trump is going to pick someone out of a hat with no consideration on how it will play with with the RNC.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:42 AM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
My best guess:

1) Kasich: no bad blood; will deliver all important Ohio; helps with other rust belt states, viewed as moderate; sets him up for 2020 run if Trump loses.

2) Haley: no bad blood; delivers young women esp: NC, FL, GA; she sets up a 2020 bid

3) Christie: doubtful; NJ is unlikely no matter what; would be King Kong to Trump's Godzilla - two marauders does not add much.

Clinton's running mate it's totally inconsequential.
Here is an opinion on who might or might not.
Not only does Trump have to pick one but he has to pick one that will accept.
On the Demo side I think Clinton locks the general election up by choosing Sander.
Attached Thumbnails
Probable Trump VP candidates-clipboard01bbb.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections