U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2016, 07:01 PM
 
124 posts, read 119,733 times
Reputation: 99

Advertisements

Do either of these raise issues for you?

Trump has spent years courting Hillary and other Dems - POLITICO
Hillary forces target Bush donors - POLITICO

 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:08 PM
 
9,628 posts, read 5,951,774 times
Reputation: 6549
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeazabird View Post
Who still doesn't know that Donald Trump was friend with the Clinton and was one of her biggest donors? He even praised her job as SoS.

This speaks more about Trump than Clinton.


Quote:
Originally Posted by freeazabird View Post
Courting disaffected Republicans is a smart move. Many Republicans now have a choice between Hillary or the giant buffoon that horrifies them.
.
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:14 PM
 
9,715 posts, read 13,323,402 times
Reputation: 3319
I wonder sometimes if Trump isn't running so Hillary can win. After all, before he even decided to run, he talked to Bill Clinton about it.

That would really be something if the Republican Party was punked like that. It would be the biggest political trick ever.
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:26 PM
 
491 posts, read 243,438 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wonder sometimes if Trump isn't running so Hillary can win. After all, before he even decided to run, he talked to Bill Clinton about it.

That would really be something if the Republican Party was punked like that. It would be the biggest political trick ever.
I suspect that Trump is running as a Clinton plant. (At least I suspect that is how it originally started. I think that Trump was originally going to cause as much damage as possible to the eventual GOP nominee, and then drop out of the race. Yet Trump proved to be more popular among GOP voters than anybody--including Trump and the Clintons--originally suspected. I now honestly think that Trump has convinced himself that he will actually win the presidency.)

I do find it interesting that almost no Democrat is refusing to support Hillary despite her past closeness with Donald. (By contrast, Trump's past support of the Clintons and support for liberal positions is causing some Republicans to not vote for him.) The Democratic Party would be torn apart if news ever were to come out that Trump was in cahoots with the Clintons.
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:29 PM
 
26,737 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Reputation: 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I wonder sometimes if Trump isn't running so Hillary can win. After all, before he even decided to run, he talked to Bill Clinton about it.

That would really be something if the Republican Party was punked like that. It would be the biggest political trick ever.
It's just as likely that Hellary is running so that Trump can win. She really is tired and worn out. If you want a president that sleeps 16 hours a day and won't answer an emergency call at 3 am she is your Van Winkle.

As to the question of the OP's if you can support the corruption and cronyism that is rampant with Hellary those two links won't phase you one bit.
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:49 PM
 
Location: United States
10,950 posts, read 5,071,805 times
Reputation: 5240
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Who still doesn't know that Donald Trump was friend with the Clinton and was one of her biggest donors? He even praised her job as SoS.

This speaks more about Trump than Clinton.

Courting disaffected Republicans is a smart move. Many Republicans now have a choice between Hillary or the giant buffoon that horrifies them.
.
What's your source for that?


And, no Republican will ever vote for Hillary Clinton.
 
Old 05-15-2016, 08:57 PM
 
39,288 posts, read 20,376,459 times
Reputation: 12763
I've heard Trump speak for years before he ran. I hardly think he's a Hillary plant.

Ok, next angle of attack lol
 
Old 05-15-2016, 09:03 PM
 
Location: West Texas
2,366 posts, read 1,243,564 times
Reputation: 2545
Trump a Clinton plant? Oops, never mind, I just realized I stepped into another lefty tin foil hat thread.
 
Old 05-16-2016, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,482 posts, read 14,393,529 times
Reputation: 15883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I suspect that Trump is running as a Clinton plant. (At least I suspect that is how it originally started. I think that Trump was originally going to cause as much damage as possible to the eventual GOP nominee, and then drop out of the race. Yet Trump proved to be more popular among GOP voters than anybody--including Trump and the Clintons--originally suspected. I now honestly think that Trump has convinced himself that he will actually win the presidency.)

I do find it interesting that almost no Democrat is refusing to support Hillary despite her past closeness with Donald. (By contrast, Trump's past support of the Clintons and support for liberal positions is causing some Republicans to not vote for him.) The Democratic Party would be torn apart if news ever were to come out that Trump was in cahoots with the Clintons.
"If the news was ever to come out?"
Where have you been for the past year? Under a rock off the coast of Brazil?

Everyone in the nation knows Trump was a former Clinton supporter and that Trump has know the Clintons ever since they moved to New York.

Does that make them close? Not necessarily, in the complex world of New York City. But not matter what the relationship may or may not be, it is certainly not news and it's not going to tear the Democratic party apart.

Trump simply waited for the Republicans to tear themselves apart. He has been watching and waiting for 20 years to wedge his way in to either party as soon as he saw his chance.

The Republicans themselves killed and butchered the elephant. All Trump did was hand out the red meat the base wanted the most of all.
He took all the best cuts too, and left both the establishment and the tea party nothing but the hide and horns.

All the GOP had to do was spend the last four years governing instead of sulking, and Trump would have never gotten his chance.
 
Old 05-16-2016, 02:07 AM
 
Location: western East Roman Empire
6,624 posts, read 10,682,140 times
Reputation: 5774
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeazabird View Post
The monster has two heads, but the body is one.

We have known that for years.

The truth doesn't bother anyone.

Most likely there will be no appreciable difference between Trump and Hillary in terms of actual policy outcomes, which are a process, not a personality.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top