Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,868,368 times

Advertisements

The snakes are slithering among us doing everything to especially diminish the character of Mr. Trump.
This is an insult to all who believe in fair play. Some hear may know I don't care for Hillary, but we are
at a pivotal point in selecting a presidential candidate! It's time to weigh in on the substance of their
platforms and as we presume the major issues among Americans. Let's stop the nonsensical and the embelliousing of half truths by the media especially. Most of what is written are articles by spin doctors , by editorials aimed at sales and individual gain within the "club". The major newspapers are circling the drain and have become quasi tabloid nonesense. There are exceptions of course wher straight forward news is accurate and perhaps what I don't want to hear, but nerver-the- less good journalism! The vulnerable public are those who don't follow politics , are disengaged with candidates and are influencedby media . The media has the "lame brains" within their grasp and target them as easy targets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 10:12 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,638,996 times
the "Media" loves the Donald! he sells more advertising time than any other recent politician. They love covering him because he attracts viewers like a murder at an arson fire on the turnpike.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:16 AM

313 posts, read 1,051,012 times
I concur with the above. They love him. Did you notice that he was more or less the only candidate who got to phone in to news shows? I lost track of how many mornings I turned on Morning Joe and he was on or about to be on the phone, and that wasn't the only show.

Problem is, they fawned over him and now they're smearing him, and in both cases there has been no truly objective coverage. This has been a train wreck from the beginning but it has worked more in Trump's favor than against. JMO.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,305,319 times
The media don't need to do anything except put cameras in his face and stand back. He's more than capable of letting the public know what he's all about without any interference from the pundits.

Last edited by randomparent; 05-16-2016 at 10:41 AM..

Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 AM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
"diminishing the character of mr. trump" he is a character, his actions speak for themselves.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:30 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,964,085 times
headline on CNN this past Saturday was....

" EX TRUMP BUTLER SAYS OBAMA SHOULD BE ASSASINATED"

I was cracking up at the propaganda, I almost spit my coffee out

Old 05-16-2016, 10:40 AM

8,277 posts, read 6,352,169 times
All media except AM talk radio is extremely left wing and now that Trump is the candidate its going to be full out attack from now on.
Anything and everything goes.
I sure hope Trump wins if for no other reason than that the media will just absolutely go nuts for 4 or 8 years, it will be fun to watch their agony.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:26 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,808,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
the "Media" loves the Donald! he sells more advertising time than any other recent politician. They love covering him because he attracts viewers like a murder at an arson fire on the turnpike.
You're correct, the media loves Donald because of all the money they make off of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W5luvqMUAg

Old 05-16-2016, 11:37 AM

952 posts, read 515,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
You're correct, the media loves Donald because of all the money they make off of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W5luvqMUAg
You're right. But what some don't get is that bad news about Trumps sells as good as good news.
Loved it in the primaries, but now that the general is here they won't be so happy...

Old 05-16-2016, 04:22 PM

7,819 posts, read 4,541,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
All media except AM talk radio is extremely left wing and now that Trump is the candidate its going to be full out attack from now on.
Anything and everything goes.
I sure hope Trump wins if for no other reason than that the media will just absolutely go nuts for 4 or 8 years, it will be fun to watch their agony.
I always find the old "media is left wing" argument sad and amusing all at the same time. Sad in the sense that it shows complete ignorance of the basic mechanics of mainstream media operation, and amusing that the myth continues to persist.

While a book could be written about the subject, let's keep it simple. The easiest place to start is who owns 'the media'? By in large these companies are publicly held corporations. Good old American capitalists. Who directs those corporations? By in large good old American capitalists. Folks like (in network television) Sumner Redstone/Les Moonves (CBS), Robert Iger (ABC), Brian Roberts (NBC), Robert Marcus (CNN), and Rupert Murdock (FOX). Look at those names... these are not men given to let politics get in the way of keeping their shareholders fat and happy and their own payday fatter and happier. (Yes, even Rupert)

The folks at the top don't give a rat's pahtoot one way or the other which way the political wind blows except how it might affect their business. By that measure conventional wisdom would dictate they would be politically conservative. That kinda blows the 'top down' theory wouldn't you say?

As far as what goes out over the air. Again, for the most part if there's any bias it's what will draw the most eyeballs. These media companies are nothing if not pragmatic. As long as the news programming get their numbers shareholders and CEO's say full steam ahead. In Trump's case, they guy is a walking-talking circus/train-wreck. Must see TV as NBC used to hype their product. Why would TV news throw fits? The stories write themselves and most American's are drinking it like mother's milk.

I'm quite sure you won't believe a word of what I'm saying and that's fine, I don't much care. I'm just passing along what I know to be true after a long and prosperous career working in the business. In the words of a news director I once knew, we don't care what you think or what you do or don't believe as long as you keep watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections