U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2016, 07:56 AM
 
44,399 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18677

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
You hear this crap every election. The left talks about the southern states that they are going to flip and the right talks about the broad appeal their candidates have with minorities. Neither side turns out to be accurate.
This election isn't about left vs right.

The OP doesn't get this simple fact and hence we get a topic on identity politics. This is something that Hillary doesn't get either. But then again she is an establishment profession politician, and it should be clear to anyone, but the most deluded partisan, that people from all backgrounds & demographics are sick of professional politicians.

The election of 2016 will be unlike anything previous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2016, 07:59 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,748 posts, read 16,481,599 times
Reputation: 22347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Over the last week or so, I have been reading threads on this City-Data POC board. I have learned that the following groups will be voting for Mr. Trump:

Blacks
Hispanics
Females
Millennials
Muslims
Gays
Old white guys

I am concerned that Mr. Trump will win by landslide, securing 110% of the votes, 7,332 electoral votes and all 57 states (h/t Obama).

Why kind of meds should I take for my anxiety?

Mick

I recommend Xanax with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
ďA Liberal Paradise would be a place where everybody
has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare,
free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities;
and only Law Enforcement has guns.

Such a place does exist.

Itís called prison.Ē

(Ayn Rand)

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.


Did you read the question?


PS: Ayn Rand is a hypocritical LOON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA.
3,984 posts, read 2,040,478 times
Reputation: 1896
nothing.
Collect your crayons, coloring books, teddy bear and find your safe room. Crawl up in the fetal position in the corner and put your thumb in your mouth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Over the last week or so, I have been reading threads on this City-Data POC board. I have learned that the following groups will be voting for Mr. Trump:

Blacks
Hispanics
Females
Millennials
Muslims
Gays
Old white guys

I am concerned that Mr. Trump will win by landslide, securing 110% of the votes, 7,332 electoral votes and all 57 states (h/t Obama).

Why kind of meds should I take for my anxiety?

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:06 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,525,557 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This election isn't about left vs right.

The OP doesn't get this simple fact and hence we get a topic on identity politics. This is something that Hillary doesn't get either. But then again she is an establishment profession politician, and it should be clear to anyone, but the most deluded partisan, that people from all backgrounds & demographics are sick of professional politicians.

The election of 2016 will be unlike anything previous.
While I agree about the rise of populism, at the end of the day, I predict that between 88-93% of the voters of each party will vote for its own candidate as they did in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. Probably on the lower end of that spectrum in 2016. We shall see.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:08 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,525,557 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
nothing.
Collect your crayons, coloring books, teddy bear and find your safe room. Crawl up in the fetal position in the corner and put your thumb in your mouth.
Ah, I get it, I have been doing it wrong. I had been suckling on someone else's orange, stubby thumb in the corner. No wonder it didn't work. Thanks for the tip.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,064 posts, read 40,832,224 times
Reputation: 29744
Just wake from your nightmare and everything will be OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM
 
44,399 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18677
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
While I agree about the rise of populism, at the end of the day, I predict that between 88-93% of the voters of each party will vote for its own candidate as they did in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. Probably on the lower end of that spectrum in 2016. We shall see.

Mick
Indeed. Totally consistent with what I've said.

The turnout, who won, and why, of the 2016 primaries completely disproves what you tried to say in the OP.

But I will give you this. In regards to the DNC, Hillary was unable to bring it home with Obama in a race that was designed for her to win. And now 8 years later she's having the same trouble with a far far weaker candidate. You should be alarmed if you are a DNC partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:23 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,525,557 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. Totally consistent with what I've said.

The turnout, who won, and why, of the 2016 primaries completely disproves what you tried to say in the OP.

But I will give you this. In regards to the DNC, Hillary was unable to bring it home with Obama in a race that was designed for her to win. And now 8 years later she's having the same trouble with a far far weaker candidate. You should be alarmed if you are a DNC partisan.
I like how the history of mankind goes out of the window with Mr. Trump. Everything will be different, everything will be hunky-dory. Sure, whatever.

Funny, the "far far weaker candidate' simply demolishes Mr. Trump's butt in every single head-to-head poll taken. Wishing for Hillary's loss might be the worst thing that can happen to Mr. Trump - because Democrats will unite behind Bernie much more than behind Hillary, as evidenced by the polls.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:30 AM
 
4,416 posts, read 1,876,242 times
Reputation: 3006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Over the last week or so, I have been reading threads on this City-Data POC board. I have learned that the following groups will be voting for Mr. Trump:

Blacks
Hispanics
Females
Millennials
Muslims
Gays
Old white guys

I am concerned that Mr. Trump will win by landslide, securing 110% of the votes, 7,332 electoral votes and all 57 states (h/t Obama).

Why kind of meds should I take for my anxiety?

Mick
Good one!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2016, 08:30 AM
 
44,399 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18677
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I like how the history of mankind goes out of the window with Mr. Trump.
You make argument that once people vote a certain way, they never change. You make argument that race, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, gender, etc all turn people into single issue voters. You make argument that all of these are more important than jobs, security, opportunity and well being. The latter of course, you make no mention of.

And your only defense is fallacious nonsense about the "history of mankind".

History shows that electoral maps can change dramatically when the population gets sick and tired of the status quo as they have now.

Since you raise it as a topic, then yes, I agree, you are highly alarmed. The topic proves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:04 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top