Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,109,995 times

Advertisements

Some of y'all are conflating the two issues presented here. The first is whether Mr. Trump represented that he would not take outside money - at all or only in the primaries (my recollection is that he talked about taking outside money sometime after the first Super Tuesday). Posters who insist that he had said this in the very beginning, please post a link.

The second issue is a separate one -- whether accepting the outside money would make Mr. Trump beholden to donors (as is the case with Hillary, you say) or at the very least create a conflict of interests. None of his supporters have addressed this issue in this thread. Please share your thoughts on this. Sheldon Adelson is not giving $100M(!) for a meet and greet, believe me, believe me.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I am a Trump supporter. However, if he is elected and appoints any former Citi, GS or JPMC current or ex principals to the treasury, SEC or CFTC.....or appoints any type of wolfilwitz/Pearle esque Neocons to his cabinet - I will attack him with abandon.

Mark that down.
Mr. Trump has said on a few occasions that he wants to appoint Carl Icahn as the treasury secretary. Icahn is a former Wall Street investment banker turned America's most ruthless corporate raider. He engaged in takeovers of public companies and broke them up to sell individual pieces, thereby causing hundreds of thousands to lose their jobs.

And Mr. Trump is meeting with Henry Kissinger very soon. Not sure for what purpose.

Mick

Old 05-17-2016, 06:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,636,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What happened to the Trump who was "self-funding" his campaign? Why's he now looking to raise $1 Billion dollars from big donors and holding fundraisers? I thought he wasn't going to be owned by anyone? Wasn't the fact that he was "self-funding" and "not owned by anyone" one of his biggest selling points?
Trump expects to raise $1 billion for election - Business Insider

I thought Trump didn't need a polster to "tell him what to say"... Now he's hired a polster for his campaign?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/us...-say.html?_r=0

To name just two pretty big ones.

How do you Trump supporters reconcile this? Do you feel used? Do you feel lied to? There were a few of us here who saw through his long-con from pretty much day one, and based on what we've already seen, I highly doubt this will be the last time we're here to remind you, we told you so.
No lie too insignificant to make a thread about it.
Trump stated he would self fund during the primary but not during the G.E.
If he has decided he needs a pollster in the G.E. to help him win then I'm good with that. That's one of his strong points he evaluates what is necessary to win and makes adjustments. That is the leadership we need.

None of this is the corner stone his campaign. Tell lies is the cornerstone of the anti-Trumps message we see over and over. Reminding us of that will help get Trump elected. So I say bring it on. Thanks for your support.

"GO TRUMP" or live in the Dem's lying 3rd world dump.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No lie too insignificant to make a thread about it.
Trump stated he would self fund during the primary but not during the G.E.
Please provide a link to demonstrate when he said this.

Quote:
If he has decided he needs a pollster in the G.E. to help him win then I'm good with that. That's one of his strong points he evaluates what is necessary to win and makes adjustments. That is the leadership we need.
No pollster costs billion dollars. None. I think he will make "adjustments" to his Wall and Mexican deportation plan, as well as the Muslim ban. That would be hilarious.

Quote:
"GO TRUMP" or live in the Dem's lying 3rd world dump.
GO TRUMP and live in the 3rd world trump.

Mick

Old 05-17-2016, 06:34 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Mr. Trump has said on a few occasions that he wants to appoint Carl Icahn as the treasury secretary. Icahn is a former Wall Street investment banker turned America's most ruthless corporate raider. He engaged in takeovers of public companies and broke them up to sell individual pieces, thereby causing hundreds of thousands to lose their jobs.

And Mr. Trump is meeting with Henry Kissinger very soon. Not sure for what purpose.

Mick
I think You're confusing Icahn with Henery Kravis, Kirk Kerkorian or Mitt Romney. Icahn targets Underperforming CEO's and managerial teams, and forces them to reform and perform. Most of the existing shareholder base appreciates him. He hasn't had much success as of late though (if you've been watching). I highly doubt he would take the job.

Your part about Kissinger is scary and disappointing. He should have suffered the same fate as Ceaușescu many moons ago.

Last edited by At-Chilles; 05-17-2016 at 06:42 AM..

Old 05-17-2016, 06:36 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,090,784 times
I don't know what people think they are going to accomplish by posting the same threads over, and over again. How many times has this thread been posted now, 10 times?

As other have stated, Trump has said that he will use donations in the general, so posting thread after thread about it accomplishes nothing.

What are you going to tell us next, that Trump wants to build a wall?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
The real cornerstone of his campaign is his yuge ego and I doubt he'll ever abandon that.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,636,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Please provide a link to demonstrate when he said this.

No pollster costs billion dollars. None. I think he will make "adjustments" to his Wall and Mexican deportation plan, as well as the Muslim ban. That would be hilarious.

GO TRUMP and live in the 3rd world trump.

Mick
Because you think it -- it must be true. whatever

And find your own link. Think of it as homework. Quit relying on others and do the research to be informed.

Have you ever wondered why your mom stopped bathing you ? She did it because she thought you could do the job yourself. Was she wrong ?

Dear Abby,
My son is 39 this month and he still needs my help to bathe. What should I do ? I hate it when he tells me to wash it faster. I have to spoon feed him too and he still won't eat the vegetables.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:03 AM

25,932 posts, read 22,083,977 times
I didn't really see this as the "cornerstone" of his campaign, I looked at the issues and what he was promoting as a solution: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Trump had my vote at the caucus and will have it in November even though he threw spitballs when he was in grade school! I just found a way to get past that!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,876,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump's following is a personality cult if ever there was one. No matter what he says, no matter what he does, his worshipers just say literally whatever they need to in order to defend that and continue to worship him.

Literally no matter what.
Same with Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections