U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2016, 01:14 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 2,158,176 times
Reputation: 3824

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
He is creating leverage basically. My guess is the DNC will give him much more say at the convention than he normally would get in order to get him to rally behind Clinton.
Neither he nor his supporters are owed anything. He's losing the nomination and yet he thinks he's entitled to have his radical ideas included in Hillary's platform? Since when does the losing party get to have a say in what the winner should or shouldn't include in their platform? If he wanted his ideas included in any platform then he should have run as an independent instead of a democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2016, 01:42 PM
 
4,646 posts, read 5,383,164 times
Reputation: 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
He won't drop out because of his massively inflated ego
That suits Hillary Clinton better than anyone else in the world. Replace 'he' and 'his' by 'She' and 'her'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 PM
 
17,821 posts, read 19,829,113 times
Reputation: 7488
Sanders can win... he needs a good number of pledge delegates and get some of the superdelegates... Saying anything else would be a Hillary-fanatic... she cannot get to the number without the superdelegates... MAYBE SHE SHOULD DROP OUT...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM
 
40,171 posts, read 24,385,908 times
Reputation: 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sanders can win... he needs a good number of pledge delegates and get some of the superdelegates... Saying anything else would be a Hillary-fanatic... she cannot get to the number without the superdelegates... MAYBE SHE SHOULD DROP OUT...
Not true.

If you got rid of the superdelegates altogether, then the number of delegates at the convention would drop to 4051. The new number to win the nomination, a majority of delegates, would be 2026. Hillary has 1771 delegates with no superdelegates. She would only need 225 of the remaining non-super delegates to reach that number. Bernie would need 527 of the remaining 781 delegates in order to win Since the primaries are proportional, the chances of Bernie winning 67.5 % of all the remaining delegates is virtually nil.

The superdelegates haven't changed the outcome of this race. They simply cement what the majority of Democrats want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,506 posts, read 28,411,258 times
Reputation: 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Since when does the losing party get to have a say in what the winner should or shouldn't include in their platform? .

Since he has the ability to run a third party candidacy and assure Clinton's's loss in November and this gives him the right to help define the party platform.
Both she and the DNC know this and would do well to kiss his ass.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-20-2016 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,506 posts, read 28,411,258 times
Reputation: 9763
There is no means testing of social security and there will BE no means testing for social security.
Cutting Social Security is the kiss of death to any politician who tries it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Wartrace,TN
5,562 posts, read 8,912,065 times
Reputation: 11076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It is not mathematically impossible for Hillary to suffer a fatal heart attack or stroke.
Or be indicted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,506 posts, read 28,411,258 times
Reputation: 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Or be indicted
To quote Judge Sol Wachtler: "You can indict a ham sandwich."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:29 PM
 
Location: North America
14,210 posts, read 10,119,622 times
Reputation: 5547
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Neither he nor his supporters are owed anything. He's losing the nomination and yet he thinks he's entitled to have his radical ideas included in Hillary's platform? Since when does the losing party get to have a say in what the winner should or shouldn't include in their platform? If he wanted his ideas included in any platform then he should have run as an independent instead of a democrat.
No, they aren't owed anything. But the reality is they aren't natural Democratic party supporters. If she can't win a sizable chunk of them over then she loses the election. That's not a gamble worth taking imo. He ran as a Democrat because no one pays attention to independents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2016, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
11,888 posts, read 10,400,323 times
Reputation: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Not true.

If you got rid of the superdelegates altogether, then the number of delegates at the convention would drop to 4051. The new number to win the nomination, a majority of delegates, would be 2026. Hillary has 1771 delegates with no superdelegates. She would only need 225 of the remaining non-super delegates to reach that number. Bernie would need 527 of the remaining 781 delegates in order to win Since the primaries are proportional, the chances of Bernie winning 67.5 % of all the remaining delegates is virtually nil.

The superdelegates haven't changed the outcome of this race. They simply cement what the majority of Democrats want.
More like they mold what the majority of Democrats want, with the option to go against it if they see fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top