U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2016, 03:35 PM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,410,768 times
Reputation: 12675

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are wrong. It is simple.

You added in the Super Delegates to the total. Obviously they should not be counted in the context of what I said because they are not decided by the vote.

Even a cave man can understand it.


Hillary Clinton can no longer win the nomination by the vote. She is such a weak & flawed candidate that she needs the Super Delegates and party rules to save her.
You are wrong.

It is simple.

Whoever gets the majority of available delegates wins the nomination.

The majority. 50% of the available delegates + 1. You can't exclude superdelegates from the delegate totals, and then cite the 2383 number. The 2383 number comes from somewhere. It comes from the total of 4765 delegates, including superdelegates, divided in half, plus one, to make a MAJORITY.

Since you quoted from The Greenpapers, I will, too.

Democratic Convention 2016 - The Green Papers
Democratic Convention 2016
On 23 January 2015, the DNC announced that the Convention will be from 25 to 28 July 2016. The 47th DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION will have a total of 4,765 delegate votes, with 2,383 (a majority) necessary in order for a Presidential or Vice-Presidential candidate to be nominated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2016, 03:37 PM
 
2,464 posts, read 982,935 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The "magic" number of 2383 INCLUDES superdelegates. There is not any requirement to have a majority of ALL delegates SOLELY from pledged delegates. That is the contention of the Sanders campaign because it's the only way they can discredit the fact that Hillary is now less than 100 delegates away from achieving that number.

She is also only 259 pledged delegates away from having 2026, which is a majority of pledged delegates, and she will easily reach that number on June 7.
She probably will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM
 
45,561 posts, read 18,055,737 times
Reputation: 19047
Let's see. First you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's because the magic number includes superdelegates. If you take out superdelegates, the magic number goes lower. And Hillary wins, because she has more delegates.
When pointed out this was wrong, you change tune to
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You can't exclude superdelegates from the delegate totals,

You might be a Democrat & Hillary Supporter. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2016, 03:56 PM
 
40,170 posts, read 24,410,768 times
Reputation: 12675
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's see. First you said.

When pointed out this was wrong, you change tune to



You might be a Democrat & Hillary Supporter. LOL
My political affiliation is off-topic. Remember?????

And I am correct. I haven't changed my tune at all.

You are wrong.

The Democratic nomination goes to the candidate that gets the majority of delegates. For those who are mathematically challenged, a majority is 50% + 1.

The 2383 number is the majority of delegates when you include the superdelegates. It's not a number pulled from nowhere.

If you got rid of superdelegates, the total number of delegates at the convention would be lower, and the number of delegates that would then make up the majority of delegates would be lower.

This is very basic math.

And it's also obvious who wants to create a division in the Democratic Party and why. Trump followers are the ones posting all this garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:25 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top