Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 12:40 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times

Advertisements

After resisting for months, Trump hires top pollster - POLITICO

Fabrizio knows how to leverage controversy by playing rough. He was one of the masterminds behind the infamous Willie Horton ad that portrayed Democrat Michael Dukakis as soft on crime in the 1988 presidential election against George H. W. Bush.

“The addition of Tony Fabrizio demonstrates a level of gravitas and political sophistication that should make Democrats lose sleep,” Hughes said. “Tony’s strategic expertise will yield a state by state plan that wins the White House and defends the down ballot races. If you doubt it, go read the archives in Florida from 2010.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 12:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Just what the Trump camp needs. Yet another racially controversial member.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:11 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
It does seem like a good fit, but hardly a 'game changer'. From the OP's link:

"Over the decades, Fabrizio has worked for presidential candidates Bob Dole, Pat Buchanan, Perry and Paul; for former Sens. Connie Mack of Florida, Alfonse D’Amato of New York and Bob Bennett of Utah; and for former Govs. Bob Riley of Alabama, Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Mike Foster of Louisiana. He has also advised the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and numerous political committees."

Oddly enough, I do not recall Bob Dole, Pat Buchanan, Rick Perry or Ron Paul winning their respective presidential elections.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It does seem like a good fit, but hardly a 'game changer'. From the OP's link:

"Over the decades, Fabrizio has worked for presidential candidates Bob Dole, Pat Buchanan, Perry and Paul; for former Sens. Connie Mack of Florida, Alfonse D’Amato of New York and Bob Bennett of Utah; and for former Govs. Bob Riley of Alabama, Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Mike Foster of Louisiana. He has also advised the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and numerous political committees."

Oddly enough, I do not recall Bob Dole, Pat Buchanan, Rick Perry or Ron Paul winning their respective presidential elections.
I agree, what worked yesterday for some, may not today and vice versa. However, Trump is not your usual candidate/politician. Fabrizio is a strategist and reportedly very good at his game, we shall see what, if any, impact this will have to his campaign.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Trump doesn't seem to want to listen to experts. He thinks he knows it all. I doubt this guy is going to be any sort of a game changer. He'll end up being like the other experts Trump has hired: Yes Men.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump doesn't seem to want to listen to experts. He thinks he knows it all. I doubt this guy is going to be any sort of a game changer. He'll end up being like the other experts Trump has hired: Yes Men.

I don’t know if he does or does not listen to others. However, I don’t believe any one person/expert has all the answers/solutions, the contention here may be to gather intel/expertise from those he feels he can gain the most and ultimately arrive/make informed decisions.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:05 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
I don’t know if he does or does not listen to others. However, I don’t believe any one person/expert has all the answers/solutions, the contention here may be to gather intel/expertise from those he feels he can gain the most and ultimately arrive/make informed decisions.
Well, he obviously didn't listen to Mannafort (spelling?) who said he would change his tone, become more Presidential, etc. Trump changed absolutely nothing.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Ah, the return of the "Democrats are terrified!" fantasy. Goodness, it's getting harder and harder to keep track of everyone who utterly terrifies us.

Little Marco. We were all so afraid of him. Or so I'm told.
Liberals Fear Marco Rubio | RealClearPolitics

And remember Scott Walker? Apparently we were terrified of him.
Democrats are Terrified of Scott Walker. They Should Be.

And Rick Perry. He had us all wetting our pants in fear. Why? Well... because of a graph.
This 1 Graph Shows Why Liberals Are So Afraid of Rick Perry

Of course this is nothing new. We were afraid of Mitt Romney. Don't believe that? Well, just ask... Mitt Romney.
Romney: Democrats Are 'Afraid Of Facing Me'

And who isn't afraid of Caribou Barbie?
Sarah Palin scared Democrats | Las Vegas Review-Journal

That's it! I definitely need a spreadsheet to keep track of all these losers who have us Democrats quaking in our political boots!

Old 05-17-2016, 02:58 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
After resisting for months, Trump hires top pollster - POLITICO

Fabrizio knows how to leverage controversy by playing rough. He was one of the masterminds behind the infamous Willie Horton ad that portrayed Democrat Michael Dukakis as soft on crime in the 1988 presidential election against George H. W. Bush.

“The addition of Tony Fabrizio demonstrates a level of gravitas and political sophistication that should make Democrats lose sleep,” Hughes said. “Tony’s strategic expertise will yield a state by state plan that wins the White House and defends the down ballot races. If you doubt it, go read the archives in Florida from 2010.”
The Willie Horton ad was one of the most disgusting, abhorrent, blatantly racist campaign ads ever created. It's fitting that Trump would hire the man who was responsible. He's someone who rises to the level of proud and unrepentant racism that Trump himself espouses. It's a match made in heaven.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:37 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
"I don't have pollsters. I don't want to waste money on pollsters. I don't want to be unreal. I want to be me. I have to be me. You know, we have enough of that in Washington with pollsters telling everybody what to say and everybody being controlled by the special interests, and the lobbyists, et cetera, and the donors."

Donald Trump, 8/02/15

Meet The Press Transcript - August 2, 2015 - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections