U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:09 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,643,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Children still believe in Santa Claus. Adults know the bills will come do...and they are the ones that will have to pay them.
Nope. Its the older generation who vote for perpetual warfare in the Middle East but it is the younger generation who will have to fight and pay with their lives and their money as it is piled onto the debt. So it is easy for the older generation to support constant warmongering as they are less affected.

Besides, in this election, anyone under 45 is considered a child by big business media, as Bernie is beating Hillary among all voters under 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM

11,065 posts, read 4,862,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Reading comprehension 101: I said "to run as a DEMOCRAT".
That's what I meant, and I think you know that. If Sanders chooses be a part of the Democrat party, and if he is eligible to run for president at all, then he reserves the right to run as a Democrat.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:18 PM

1,080 posts, read 827,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
For months the media has been circulating story after story about how the Republicans are imploding, how they are hate mongers, how there needs to be a third party candidate, and how there will be riots in Cleveland...

this is too good to be true. Karma is a b word.
^Exactly.

No signs of Bernie dropping out, this does not fair well for Hillary, this may get ugly-ier.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:19 PM

17,028 posts, read 9,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The Democratic party should blame no one but themselves by allowing a poor "trashy" old man like Sanders to run as a Democrat. The last "trashy" man that ran for President as a Democrat was George Wallace.

So the Dems have a history of "trashy" candidates.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:58 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,511,798 times
The lefty scum can reap the whirlwind.

In my lifetime the left has done nothing but sow the seeds of disrespect and hatred to anyone who believes differently, preaching the doctrine of "diversity" while rejecting diversity of thought--the only diversity that matters.

Now they have the nerve to act surprised when they come face to face with the monster they have created.

I sincerely hope the Bernie supporter burn the place down, and America takes a second look at the clowns on both sides of the Democrat party.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:48 AM

78,875 posts, read 33,547,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That's what I meant, and I think you know that. If Sanders chooses be a part of the Democrat party, and if he is eligible to run for president at all, then he reserves the right to run as a Democrat.
Bernie Sanders is a (D) Super Delegate. Bernie is a (D). They counted his vote for Senate leadership as a given. It's my biggest gripe with Sanders. I believe as far as politicians go he is about as honest as they come outside of the idea that he is not a (D).

Old 05-18-2016, 04:49 AM

4,870 posts, read 2,348,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
It's so sad to see my fellow Bernie supporters resorting to rudeness, violence, and disrespect; very unlike Bernie himself.

Maybe they're upset for getting blamed for things they haven't done. More than once Soros, who funded the Ferguson protests, has been behind these disruptions but you don't see the liberal media reporting it - so they figure if they're going to get the blame - maybe do the crime -

Busted! Soros-Backed Pro Clinton Group Caught Funding Violent Protests to Smear Sanders and Trump

Credible Account Says Clinton Is Behind Violent Protests at Trump Rallies

Old 05-18-2016, 05:24 AM

5,559 posts, read 3,675,654 times
Schism between the the stock market, big government parasitical liberals who are living comfortably off everyone else and the younger generation that knows the fix is in. I'm a progressive from the 60s and if Sanders is going to lead a revolt against the thugs who run the Pseudo-Democratic Party, then I'm all in. No way can this country stand four more years of wealth transfer to the top 1%. It's destroying our economy and our children's future.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,363,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How much more are you willing to pay to fund the wars?

And how much more American blood should be spilled in those wars!

Bernie Sanders is the ONLY DECENT person running in this election!

And BTW I AM 65,and those that I know who also like him are also my age!
So much for the BS spewed by the Sanders haters around here!

Old 05-18-2016, 07:39 AM

7,184 posts, read 5,413,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Children still believe in Santa Claus. Adults know the bills will come do...and they are the ones that will have to pay them.
Great, but we are talking specifically about the 2016 general election. One of the reasons Obama won so impressively is he was able to get out historic turnout among the youth and blacks of all ages, two groups that generally don't turnout in large numbers relative to their population size.

Hillary needs a similar turnout, but seems unlikely to get it at least among the youth. It seems unlikely they are all fired up for Bern, have to settle for her and will still turn out in large numbers. I also think it's unlikely she will get the same turnout among blacks.

It's a problem for Hillary and the dems and they know it.

Last edited by MUTGR; 05-18-2016 at 07:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections