U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 AM

8,398 posts, read 9,898,680 times

Advertisements

Wood-stock is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuSUpqdYV-I

This isn't about a candidate, it's about a young generation that has seen what Europe has and wants it. It's a side effect of the technology age.(comparison of countries) It was bound to happen. This will grow. I doubt it will end when Bernie drops out. We will have this problem until things change. Riots, crowds at the White House steps, demonstrations, all make change happen in America. Nothing else will. These are the 99%er and more. I don't think Bernie has any control of it either.

I'm unsure what Hilary will do with this. It seems foreign to her but it shouldn't. It's the same way blacks and women achieved change and she runs on both of those premises. Why she acts clueless I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 08:14 AM

5,559 posts, read 3,681,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Wood-stock is coming.

This isn't about a candidate, it's about a young generation that has seen what Europe has and wants it. It's a side effect of the technology age.(comparison of countries) It was bound to happen. This will grow. I doubt it will end when Bernie drops out. We will have this problem until things change. Riots, crowds at the White House steps, demonstrations, all make change happen in America. Nothing else will. These are the 99%er and more. I don't think Bernie has any control of it either.

I'm unsure what Hilary will do with this. It seems foreign to her but it shouldn't. It's the same way blacks and women achieved change and she runs on both of those premises. Why she acts clueless I don't know.
Agreed. People who are paying for all of the Politico handouts that keep the Politicos and their Oligarchical Matters in power have had it. It is affecting everyone in different ways. Lower paying jobs. Job insecurity. Higher rents for smaller places. Underfunded pensions. Dying school systems. Toxic water. Longer working hours. Longer commutes. Poor food quality. And on and on and on. And for what? To make the top 1% wealthier??

It's not going to end with this election. The revolt against the Vietnam War was child's play compared to this. Why? Because the Oligarchy has attacked the Middle Class and no Quisling whether it be Clinton or Obama is going to quiet the angry middle class. The Parasitical Liberals want Clinton? They are fermenting Trumps or worse.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM

These people want distribution of wealth, a non profit healthcare system, time off work, and a more even playing field against large corporations. They are set to achieve it like those crowds of people who achieved the "New Deal."
It's the only way to achieve change in a capitalist society, and they are a determined group.
Unemployed Councils, Eviction Riots, and the New Deal | The Economic Populist

It will be interesting to see what transpires from this crowd. I think Bernie just gave them the platform to make their noise on. When he's gone they will just find another, and another, until they see the change they seek.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:16 AM

7,182 posts, read 5,423,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Agreed. People who are paying for all of the Politico handouts that keep them in power have had it. It is affecting everyone in different ways. Lower paying jobs. Job insecurity. Higher rents for smaller places. Underfunded pensions. Dying school systems. Toxic water. Longer working hours. Longer commutes. Poor food quality. And on and on and on. And for what? To make the top 1% wealthier??

It's not going to end with this election. The revolt against the Vietnam War was child's play compared to this. Why? Because the Oligarchy has attacked the Middle Class and no Quisling whether it be Clinton or Obama is going to quiet the angry middle class. The Parasitical Liberals want Clinton? They are fermenting Trumps or worse.
Hillary's vote total in KY was way below her win in 2008:

KENTUCKY FREE FALL: Hillary Loses Quarter of a Million Votes from Her 2008 Primary Win

....speaks to her possible turnout problems in the general.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Agreed. People who are paying for all of the Politico handouts that keep the Politicos and their Oligarchical Matters in power have had it. It is affecting everyone in different ways. Lower paying jobs. Job insecurity. Higher rents for smaller places. Underfunded pensions. Dying school systems. Toxic water. Longer working hours. Longer commutes. Poor food quality. And on and on and on. And for what? To make the top 1% wealthier??

Exactly.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Hillary's vote total in KY was way below her win in 2008:

KENTUCKY FREE FALL: Hillary Loses Quarter of a Million Votes from Her 2008 Primary Win

....speaks to her possible turnout problems in the general.
Clinton is wishing for a kumbaya moment so she can stroll into the White House and earn her next $153M from Wall Street. It ain't going to happen. She and her Stooge Boxer are just beginning to realize it. I'm a lifelong Democrat who gave up when Obama handed out $trillions to Wall Street and the Pharmaceuticals. I'll do everything I can to make sure that Clinton loses. In Dante's Inferno there is a special place in Hell for traitors.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,503,173 times
Progressives cater to these demented malcontents and then act surprised when these social misfits do what comes naturally to them... violence and destruction.

Karma.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Progressives cater to these demented malcontents and then act surprised when these social misfits do what comes naturally to them... violence and destruction.

Karma.
Being tolerant and inclusive and open to change is not catering. And we badly need change right now. Those "conservatives" who voted for Cruz are asking for nothing different than those who voted for Clinton. Sanders supporters are looking for action not political chicanery.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

Karma.
These "demented malcontents" as you call them are the youth of America, your country. They constitute a real threat because they are not weighed down with responsibility like older people. They can't be controlled as easily as they are not yet burdened by the free market with two or three kids and a 60 hour a week job. They have the time to stage protests, and disrupt society. I have a feeling the White House will be quite annoyed by this crowd in the coming years.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,503,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, IMHO Bernie Sanders' statement is tantamount to inciting violence. The only reason his supporters were upset in Nevada is because Hillary Clinton won.

They were so rude to Barbara Boxer. They wouldn't let her speak. Bernie has had contempt for the Democratic party for many years so he must be enjoyed this.

I just hope the videos of Bernie supporters disrespecting Sen Boxer are shown all over California where she is respected for being a very progressive leader. For 33 years she fought for liberal causes and probably would have been re-elected. Shame of them.

They were apparently unaware that Boxer is a fellow Bolshevik.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections