U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:59 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
I recently drove from Pensacola to Nashville to Knoxville and back. I was impressed by the number of 'Bernie' bumper stickers I saw on vehicles driven by people who looked to be in their 20's. 2 of my four sons support him and cannot stand HRC. The dems risk alienating a large block of voters for the future.
I've seen Bernie stickers & signs. I have not seen any Clinton signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 08:23 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,006,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Sander is burning so many bridges that he will become on the most ineffectual Senators alive. So much for launching a progressive agenda in the Congress. If Hillary wins Siberia will look like standing room only, if Hillary loses and folks blame him Siberia will look like a Carribbean beach resort.

Sanders is NOT a Democrat, he isn't loyal to the Democrat party. No one really knows what Sanders intentions are.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:45 AM

77,957 posts, read 33,265,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Sanders is NOT a Democrat, he isn't loyal to the Democrat party. No one really knows what Sanders intentions are.
Yes he is. He is smart enough to realize what is happening though. He truly believes the things he says and he knows if he gives in to Hillary that everything he believes goes with it.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:57 AM

29,720 posts, read 16,475,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Sander is burning so many bridges that he will become on the most ineffectual Senators alive. So much for launching a progressive agenda in the Congress. If Hillary wins Siberia will look like standing room only, if Hillary loses and folks blame him Siberia will look like a Carribbean beach resort.

I do think he could make things very difficult for himself should he wish to continue his Senate career. Looks like he really doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Burning bridges? Sanders has millions of votes behind him and has won as many states as crooked Hillary.

The only bridges being burned are by the DNC. They will be losing these mostly young voters who feel they were cheated by the establishment which is protecting crooked Hillary.
Burning bridges amongst his peers ~ which presumably he will want to continue to work with after the election.

His starry eyed followers truly believe he is a Saint.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:49 AM

23,333 posts, read 17,364,497 times
Quote:
I've seen Bernie stickers & signs. I have not seen any Clinton signs.
Same here in Indiana. It's been Bernie/Trump the whole way. I don't know where the Clinton folks are but I don't know any.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:05 AM

77,957 posts, read 33,265,332 times
The (D)'s need Bernie more than Bernie needs the (D)'s. Without his vote it becomes harder for the (D)'s to take back the Senate.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:07 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,118,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Same here in Indiana. It's been Bernie/Trump the whole way. I don't know where the Clinton folks are but I don't know any.
Even Cruz got way more votes than Bernie in Indiana

Old 05-18-2016, 10:08 AM

23,333 posts, read 17,364,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Even Cruz got way more votes than Bernie in Indiana
There were all sorts of Cruz signs in public. I've yet to see one Cruz bumper sticker. You see Bernie and Trump stickers and signs everywhere. Cruz only won a handful of super religious evangelical counties in northeast Indiana.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:22 AM

21,232 posts, read 14,261,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Feel the Burn with Bern or feel the Chill with Hill. Hillary's about as popular as leprosy among the voters. and that will scare many politicians.
Don't fool yourself. Clinton is not nearly as unpopular as the Republicans would like to believe.

In many ways, the arc of her political career is similar to Ronald Reagan's. Reagan thought his year was going to be 1976. but he was off by one campaign. The same is true with Hillary. 2008 wasn't her time, but 2016 seems to be.

Just as Reagan used his first defeat to build his following in the years that followed, so did Clinton. Just as he learned where to harden or soften his positions, so did she.

If Clinton is as weak as so many hope, why has her support remained so solid for so long?

Your post sounds like whistling in the graveyard to me. I heard a lot of that same whistling here on C-D back in 2012, when conservatives swore up and down Obama would never be re-elected because he was so unpopular.
It didn't work then and isn't working now.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:56 PM

7,328 posts, read 3,995,865 times
Quote:
Burning bridges? Sanders has millions of votes behind him and has won as many states as crooked Hillary.

The only bridges being burned are by the DNC. They will be losing these mostly young voters who feel they were cheated by the establishment which is protecting crooked Hillary.
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/01/472581...gest-otherwise

What good are they? Contrary to your arguments the data shows that Trump isn't pulling in any new voter nor is he expanding the republican base. Sorry but you have been fooling yourself an fruitlessly tring to pulll the wool over every else's eyes.
A new study gives a few more signs of what ails the GOP, and could ail Trump come November. Not only do the party's voters doubt whether they can fall in line behind their front-runner, but they are widely divided on an array of issues (and therefore candidates). And while it's true that Democrats get angry from time to time about who's more "progressive" or could better "stand up to Wall Street," new data from the Pew Research Center suggest that the problem of bringing together a big swath of diverse viewpoints is much bigger for Republicans right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or