Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does DT's policies matter to you?
Yes 19 61.29%
No 12 38.71%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Of course I care. I am not an air-head of a woman that would vote gender and wouldn't that be the simplest way to go?

I have been reading his policy, reading what other sources say about it and everything else a responsible voter does when choosing a candidate.

I have not heard Trump say anything about the Hispanics and Chinese ruining our country, are you sure you are listening to Trump or are you just reading headlines from liberal media. Let me warn you that just reading headlines and posting here causes a lot of posters embarrassment.

I can see that you are confused about what Trump has said but with my past experience, it is impossible to reach someone that refuses to do their homework.

Voting for Trump is the intelligent choice. I would love to see him running against Sanders which would allow the people to have two real choices of citizens that are patriotic and have the best interest of our country as their agenda.

I believe that you are over simplifying the whole process of choosing a candidate.
Good post AnywhereElse. By the way, you're a women.... aren't you supposed to be voting for Hillary not because of policy but vote for her because she's a women? LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 10:10 AM

35,054 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Trump has an America first philosophy.

Individual policies are tailored to the philosophical underpinnings.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJay View Post
I live in a town with a large number of undocumented workers.
It's "ILLEGAL" immigrants, people who came here without going through the "legal" process.

All you're doing is using PC bonics to try to make something that is wrong (and illegal) and presto, chango, trying to make it right. They are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Trump has an America first philosophy.

Individual policies are tailored to the philosophical underpinnings.
Most excellent big picture observation!!! Great post.

The three PPP's

Philosophy
position
policy

Old 05-18-2016, 10:22 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Of course I care. I am not an air-head of a woman that would vote gender and wouldn't that be the simplest way to go?

I have been reading his policy, reading what other sources say about it and everything else a responsible voter does when choosing a candidate.

I have not heard Trump say anything about the Hispanics and Chinese ruining our country, are you sure you are listening to Trump or are you just reading headlines from liberal media. Let me warn you that just reading headlines and posting here causes a lot of posters embarrassment.

I can see that you are confused about what Trump has said but with my past experience, it is impossible to reach someone that refuses to do their homework.

Voting for Trump is the intelligent choice. I would love to see him running against Sanders which would allow the people to have two real choices of citizens that are patriotic and have the best interest of our country as their agenda.

I believe that you are over simplifying the whole process of choosing a candidate.

I would like a Sanders/Trump ticket as well. It reflects the change America so desperately wants. In our capitalist government it's the only way to invoke change. Otherwise we are silenced and stifled by lobbyists and special interests groups who pay millions for influence and we cannot compete. We can only make noise, stomp our feet, scream and yell for change. It's obvious by this election cycle Americans are sick of business as usual. That leads me to believe the majority of citizens are suffering, otherwise they wouldn't demand change. This is a revolution, not an election process.

Being a women does not override being a human being who needs a job, healthcare, and a decent future. Being a women just makes it more important for me to change the future of America for my children. Having a women in office who brings nothing new to America is simply something I cannot afford at the moment. Especially when that women has sold her soul for the position.

Good post AnywhereElse! I agree.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:26 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Good post AnywhereElse. By the way, you're a women.... aren't you supposed to be voting for Hillary not because of policy but vote for her because she's a women? LOL.
LMAO!! Women are smarter than that.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:40 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
They matter, but more importantly- I don't want 4 more years of Obama (Hillary).

Old 05-18-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
LMAO!! Women are smarter than that.
Exactly, but Hillary doesn't think so and she is pandering to those women ... I've seen posts and interviews where women said they are voting for Hillary because they want to see a women president. Then again, I've talked to people who voted for Obama because as one said "I think he's cute" lol

Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Seas View Post
Yet her biggest donors are Wall St....NAHHHHHHHHHHH, no conflict of interest there now
News flash for you: Every U.S. Senator and Member of the House raises hundreds of thousands of dollars each week from big donors. Moreover, each political party raises money from large donors. This is the way the system works.

What you are trying to do is make it seem as if Mrs. Clinton is doing something completely contrary to the campaign finance system that exists. She isn't. When Trump starts getting support from the Republican Party, a lot of that money is going to be coming from Wall Street donors and oil companies.

The reality is that while the Democratic Party, including Mrs. Clinton and Mrs. Warren, were trying to pass Dodd/Frank, the GOP was doing Wall Street's bidding by opposing it tooth and nail.

I think it's time you got off your high horse and falsely accusing Mr.s Clinton of doing something unseemly.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:33 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They matter, but more importantly- I don't want 4 more years of Obama (Hillary).
Why not? The economy is far better than when he took over; more people have health insurance than in decades; we have regulations governing Wall Street that we didn't have before; we have sound climate change policies; etc, etc.

All the things the GOP tried to scare voters about Mr. Obama ended up being wrong. That's why Mr. Obama has a high approval rating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections