Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 04:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

McCain lost the "Crazy" vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 04:19 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Maybe he should get his girl friend, Lindsey Graham, to endorse him and join him on the campaign trail. That oughtta help...

Old 05-18-2016, 04:55 PM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
[quote=WaldoKitty;44107155]Trump never said that McCain was "weak" or a "loser" because he was a POW.

Mr. Trump did in fact call Mr. McCain a loser, in reference to his loss to Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race.

“I don’t like losers,” Mr. Trump said at the Iowa Family Leadership meeting in July 2015. At the same event, when asked about Mr. McCain, who was described by the questioner as a “war hero,” Mr. Trump responded, “He’s not a war hero.”

He went on: “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, O.K.?”

C'mon Waldo. Use your critical thinking skills here.

He didn't directly call him a loser in reference to his POW status but that was certainly implied. Why else was his campaign frenetically trying to walk back his comments the next day?

Trump said he only "likes" military personnel who are not captured. Therefore, since McCain was captured, Trump does not "like" him. If he doesn't "like" McCain, he certainly regards him as a loser. And most certainly he regards McCain as a weak man because he was captured and spent years in a concentration camp.

My uncle was a career Army officer who was captured in Vietnam and died in a POW camp while Trump was living off of daddy's money trying to escape military service.

But oh well. If you follow Trump's reasoning, my uncle was just another pitiful loser the world was well rid of.

As president, I have to wonder if Trump would allow the military and/or state department to work towards the release of POWs. He doesn't "like" them. Would he consider them worthy of that effort?

Sadly, I do believe Trump will be our next president.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
[quote=homeonthelittlemountain;44108682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump never said that McCain was "weak" or a "loser" because he was a POW.

Mr. Trump did in fact call Mr. McCain a loser, in reference to his loss to Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race.

“I don’t like losers,” Mr. Trump said at the Iowa Family Leadership meeting in July 2015. At the same event, when asked about Mr. McCain, who was described by the questioner as a “war hero,” Mr. Trump responded, “He’s not a war hero.”

He went on: “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, O.K.?”

C'mon Waldo. Use your critical thinking skills here.

He didn't directly call him a loser in reference to his POW status but that was certainly implied. Why else was his campaign frenetically trying to walk back his comments the next day?

Trump said he only "likes" military personnel who are not captured. Therefore, since McCain was captured, Trump does not "like" him. If he doesn't "like" McCain, he certainly regards him as a loser. And most certainly he regards McCain as a weak man because he was captured and spent years in a concentration camp.

My uncle was a career Army officer who was captured in Vietnam and died in a POW camp while Trump was living off of daddy's money trying to escape military service.

But oh well. If you follow Trump's reasoning, my uncle was just another pitiful loser the world was well rid of.

As president, I have to wonder if Trump would allow the military and/or state department to work towards the release of POWs. He doesn't "like" them. Would he consider them worthy of that effort?

Sadly, I do believe Trump will be our next president.
Trump loves the vets. He respects the war heroes and he has said this multiple times at his rallies and has honored them.

He despises politicians. In particular McCain, whose only job is to be reelected while doing nothing for vets in the state of Arizona. This is what Trump was speaking to, not all POWs.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:40 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
[quote=daylux;44109049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post

Trump loves the vets. He respects the war heroes and he has said this multiple times at his rallies and has honored them.

He despises politicians. In particular McCain, whose only job is to be reelected while doing nothing for vets in the state of Arizona. This is what Trump was speaking to, not all POWs.

I cannot believe you actually believe that. To ever suggest Trump has a better standing with Vets or has done more for them is such a lie.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:43 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
[quote=thedirtypirate;44109103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

I cannot believe you actually believe that. To ever suggest Trump has a better standing with Vets or has done more for them is such a lie.
I didn't say that (or suggest it)

Old 05-18-2016, 06:03 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
[quote=thedirtypirate;44109103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

Ah yes.....John McCain loves and respects Vets/Service members so much that we wants to continue to send them around the globe for more and more corporate bidding...

McCain is a recipient / benefactor of nepotism and not anywhere close to the hero you think he is. He was a snitch---and a biatch--- to the North Vietnamese, while a POW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMcYqtayU7c

Last edited by At-Chilles; 05-18-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Other than his one negative comment intended for McCain, Trump has always been respectful and grateful to vets. I've never seen or heard anything contrary to that. At his rallies, he gives vets priority entering so they don't have to wait in line and gives them a separate place away from the crowd to wait for the rally to begin.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:37 PM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
[quote=thedirtypirate;44109103][quote=daylux;44109049]

I cannot believe you actually believe that. To ever suggest Trump has a better standing with Vets or has done more for them is such a lie.[/

Wait, that's not from my post.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:38 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
I think city-data might have broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections