Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 03:45 PM

952 posts, read 518,507 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

So, his first attempt at 'rehabilitation' is to deny that he was making fun of Serge Kovaleski???

"Trump put his tact to a test during an interview with The Washington Post here Monday afternoon. Unprompted, he delivered a five-minute soliloquy attempting to explain himself for making wild arm and hand gestures at a rally last November to discredit New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski. The act was widely seen as mocking the journalist’s physical disability and has been featured in numerous ads and videos designed to savage Trump.

“I would never say anything bad about a person that has a disability,” Trump said, leaning forward at his office desk. “I swear to you it’s true, 100 percent true. . . . Who would do that to [the] handicapped? I’ve spent a lot of money making buildings accessible.”

Trump then satirically reenacted the scene, his arms jerking all around, and said he was trying to show “a guy who grovels — ‘Oh, oh, I didn’t say that. I didn’t say that.’ That was the imitation I was doing.”

“Now,” he concluded, “is that a believable story?”

Trump is obviously not ready for rehab....why go there???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L83kwTqD7tE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 03:51 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Absolutely pathetic. Dishonest Donald is a disgrace to this country.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Absolutely pathetic. Dishonest Donald is a disgrace to this country.
You got that right.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
He doesn't have to explain anything, especially to libs who aren't going to vote for him anyway and will use anything he says to demean him. Trump just has to keep explaining his vision for America and why it's better than anything than Hillary or the Democrats are offering.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:12 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
He doesn't have to explain anything, especially to libs who aren't going to vote for him anyway and will use anything he says to demean him. Trump just has to keep explaining his vision for America and why it's better than anything than Hillary or the Democrats are offering.
...still waiting for him to do that. He just repeats the same rhetoric he's been rambling about for 8 months now with zero specifics on how he's actually going to do it.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
...still waiting for him to do that. He just repeats the same rhetoric he's been rambling about for 8 months now with zero specifics on how he's actually going to do it.
Lol...unlike Hillary who keeps repeating the same thing with zero specifics. It's election season, everyone likes being sold a bill of goods.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
So why is he bothering? Trump is lying about this, so why bother with the 'rehabilitation' tour?

Trump must have sold out to the establishment to even consider this...either that or he is doing it on his own and is delusional that it will attract any new voters.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:28 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Then, I guess it was pretty stupid and pointless of him to have that conversation about it, eh? When, he could 'rehabilitate' himself by actually talking in detail about his 'suggestions' (his new term for his 'vision for America?). Why doesn't he talk about his vision, so the libs can demean him for that instead of his utter creepiness? Libs can only work with what he gives them to work with!

Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Then, I guess it was pretty stupid and pointless of him to have that conversation about it, eh? When, he could 'rehabilitate' himself by actually talking in detail about his 'suggestions' (his new term for his 'vision for America?). Why doesn't he talk about his vision, so the libs can demean him for that instead of his utter creepiness? Libs can only work with what he gives them to work with!
Because he doesn't plan to see his 'suggestions' through. Trump's plans were a 'loss leader' to get 'shoppers' into the store....

Old 05-19-2016, 05:47 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
“I would never say anything bad about a person that has a disability,” Trump said, .....
trump's remarks about charles krauthammer:

“Then I get called by a guy that can’t buy a pair of pants, I get called names?”

krauthammer is paralyzed from the waist down.

also, trump's claim that kovaleski tried to "walk back" his story is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections