Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:01 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Right!

For once, I agree with you.
What a hoot... I deliberately and directly contradicted myself, to appear more like trump. No wonder you agreed with me.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:06 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Very easily. This guy is a nut!! Obama went to a muslim school,he took that teaching with him, he went to a black power political church which had nothing to do with religion or repentance, just blackness, that fed his need to bash America and hate whites, he is gay and the only time he lit up the white house , not for the forth of July, not for the vets, but for gay marriage. Why? His body man Reggie Love , the man closest to Obama for all his needs was let go because gay pictures came to light. Obama also had in his past, gay lovers and some came forward , two died, one execution style who was involved with Obama. Obama has a gay past, same as Bill Clinton has many women who he raped and girlfriends on the side. The people around them just keep trying to clean them up, but they are what they are.
Where do you find this stuff you keep repeating? Links would come in handy, since you are making some pretty strange allegations...

Of course, all that is probably just to deflect from the thread... I say again, watch out when a politician (and at this point trump is a politician) says "I won't let you down" because you've already been sold down the river by the politician.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:24 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Where do you find this stuff you keep repeating? Links would come in handy, since you are making some pretty strange allegations...

Of course, all that is probably just to deflect from the thread... I say again, watch out when a politician (and at this point trump is a politician) says "I won't let you down" because you've already been sold down the river by the politician.
That line of thinking is common among Republicans nowadays, and especially so among those who support Trump. They are 100% serious with their kookiness.

Around the time that Obama was elected the GOP's more conservative elements went completely off the rails into racist conspiracy theory territory. It's like they literally lost their minds.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
That line of thinking is common among Republicans nowadays, and especially so among those who support Trump. They are 100% serious with their kookiness.

Around the time that Obama was elected the GOP's more conservative elements went completely off the rails into racist conspiracy theory territory. It's like they literally lost their minds.
It was in the GOP playbook in 2008 too: Fact Check: Sliming Obama

It really comes down to Dishonest Donald's inability to compete on real issues, such as if he is such a populist looking out for the middle class, why is it that his tax-plan lowers taxes drastically on billionaires like him? Although DD flip-flopped on this, an analyst at the Tax Foundation, who crunched the new numbers to estimate its cost, revealed that “the benefits to the middle class basically go away” under the draft changes given that the top rates they pay would also be increased from Trump’s original plan and breaks under standard deductions would be wiped away.

Thus, we are left with 'follow the shinny object, emails, Benghazi, Vince Foster.'

Old 05-30-2016, 11:45 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I forgot these promises:

Trump promised to preserve the Bonwit Teller building irreplaceable Art Deco sculptures and donate them to the Metropolitan Museum of Art when building Trump Towers in 1980 but reneged and had them smashed by jackhammers.

Dishonest Donald said four months ago that he donated (past tense) a million dollars to veteran groups. The only problem is that he did not. After being caught by reports he then "pledged" a million dollars. Let's see if those vets ever see the money.

Why should anyone have any faith that Dishonest Donald will live up to any promise? He has a long history of reneging when it suits him.
All part of him "evolving".

Old 05-31-2016, 04:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump: "I will release my tax returns" (reneged)
He never said that he would release them.

Nice try.

He said he would only release them once they were no longer being audited.

Which is what anyone would do, following the advice of a tax attorney.

Quote:
Trump: "I offer to debate Bernie Sanders" (reneged)
He never said that, either.

It was Bernie who offered to debate Trump.

Trump said "no" -- why debate someone who isn't going to be the nominee -- and then said he would if the networks paid $10 million to charity.

Your constant making things up undermines whatever points you're trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
You know, you could substitute Trump for Obama in the bolded part and it would be 100% true.
Well, you libs seem to love Obama, so I guess you must be just fine with Trump as well.

Quote:
Trump's lies haven't affected the public in general because he hasn't been in a position to affect them. If he gets elected, you can bet your ass his lies will start affecting "we the people."
"We the people."

How pompous.

You should consult with MTAtech and try to get those "lies" straight.

Your claims are not to be trusted, as I have shown above in this post.

Quote:
Dishonest Donald said four months ago that he donated (past tense) a million dollars to veteran groups. The only problem is that he did not. After being caught by reports he then "pledged" a million dollars. Let's see if those vets ever see the money.
Yes, let's see.

But apparently, you're not waiting to see.

You've already made up your little "mind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
What a hoot... I deliberately and directly contradicted myself, to appear more like trump. No wonder you agreed with me.
So if I normally disagree with you, and then you contradict yourself, I'm not supposed to agree with you?

Liberal "logic" at work....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Kind of like the liberals' "Bush Derangement Syndrome"?

Quote:
It really comes down to Dishonest Donald's inability to compete on real issues, such as if he is such a populist looking out for the middle class, why is it that his tax-plan lowers taxes drastically on billionaires like him?
Rich people create jobs.

The less money that is taken from them by the government, the more jobs they can create.

The middle class needs jobs.

Why do liberals not understand this?

Also, Trump has said he wants to increase taxes on hedge fund traders and other rich people who pay nothing.

So you are wrong.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
During the NRA speech the other day Trump said something that I don't think I've ever heard a politician say before. "I will not let you down".

Donald Trump to NRA: I will not let you down - CNN Video

Maybe that's true. Maybe it will turn out to be false. But it was an extraordinary thing for a politician to say to a group who likely will vote for him. What do you think of the statement?
I think Trump will put Americans first. He doesn't kiss anybody's behind. He will take care of the veterans, he will secure the border.

Yes, I believe him.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think Trump will put Americans first. He will take care of the veterans
Can you tell me what Trump did for vets before running for POTUS? It seems to me that he's using them as a campaign prop for election purposes. Seems unfair to vets to use them like he is....he's pandering.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
Trump's a FAR better bet than a proven traitorous beech or a (proven to be deluded) old commie.
Exactly.

And what did Hillary or his wife Bill ever do for vets?

Old 05-31-2016, 05:10 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Can you tell me what Trump did for vets before running for POTUS? It seems to me that he's using them as a campaign prop for election purposes. Seems unfair to vets to use them like he is....he's pandering.
Can you tell me what other career politicians have done for the veterans? I can't think of any. I don't say it to be difficult, I am GENUINELY undecided.

I think I agree with these folks, and I KNOW for a fact they are not alone.

although I think the guy in red is a bit too extreme, I understand the point he was making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-t3ETzU0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_34xUrg26mw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections