Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 02:05 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,122,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“It’s your governor’s fault,” Mr. Trump told thousands of booing supporters. “We have to get your governor and get going. She’s got to do a better job, O.K.? Your governor has got to do a better job.”

Mr. Trump then joked that maybe he would run for governor of New Mexico, which is the nation’s most Hispanic state. “I’ll get this place going,” he said. “She’s not doing the job. We’ve got to get her moving. Come on, let’s go, governor.”

Mr. Trump also falsely accused Ms. Martinez of allowing Syrian refugees to settle in her state. “Syrian refugees are being relocated in large numbers to New Mexico,” he said.

Ms. Martinez was actually one of several Republican governors to oppose President Obama’s plan last year to accept more Syrian refugees, calling for a more vigorous screening process. Still, Mr. Trump said that he would have handled the situation differently.

“If I was governor, that wouldn’t be happening,” he said. “I couldn’t care less. They say the governors have no choice. If I’m governor, I have a choice, O.K., believe me.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/us...ew-mexico.html

I can't even begin to grasp the logic behind this, assuming there was any. But really, I think it's just Donald's thin skin because he can't handle the fact that an elected GOP governor, particularly an Hispanic woman, hasn't endorsed him, so in his mind, that's an "attack" and like any 4th grade bully, he thinks he gets the right to attack back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 02:07 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,437,802 times
It will most likely be Gingrich and then they will bring up the tired old Clinton scandals that didn't work in 1992 and 1996

I'm sure the crack team of investigators Trump has in Hawaii looking into Obama's birth certificate are currently digging up old scandals and as soon as they are done wrapping up the investigation of Ted Cruz's father in the JFK assassination, Hillary will surely fall!

Old 05-25-2016, 02:12 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I can't even begin to grasp the logic behind this,
If you asking about being confused, I say it's because you take NYT opinion articles about Trump as fact.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:15 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,055,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you asking about being confused, I say it's because you take NYT opinion articles about Trump as fact.
So Trump did not say those things quoted?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:17 PM

39,024 posts, read 51,075,331 times
Martinez did not endorse him and did not show for his rally, so this is his childish reaction. Martinez is a rising star in the party and gives some hope they can appeal to both women and Hispanics. Any Republicans thinking of swinging to him have to be reconsidering now. There is stupid and damn stupid and Trump is somewhere past that.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,328,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Martinez did not endorse him and did not show for his rally, so this is his childish reaction. Martinez is a rising star in the party and gives some hope they can appeal to both women and Hispanics. Any Republicans thinking of swinging to him have to be reconsidering now. There is stupid and damn stupid and Trump is somewhere past that.
Trump just can't keep his big, stupid mouth shut. She's a woman and she's Hispanic. Two demographics he's doing very poorly with, Im sure this will help Not to mention she's popular with Republicans and this makes Trump look even more foolish than he is. As I said, 6 more months of him saying stupid things like this and he will be down 20 points in the polls heading into Nov as he loses in a landslide.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
So Trump did not say those things quoted?
Why would you think that?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:20 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,143,793 times
Quote:
It's okay. Trump doesn't need women, Hispanics, or people from NM to vote for him. He'll win anyway, right Waldokitty?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,330,602 times
Cross Susana Martinez off the VP short list?

Obviously.

She's Hispanic. And a woman.

Both aren't high on Trump's list.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:23 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,055,739 times
Quote:
Why would you think that?
huh? OP posts a piece with quotes from Trump, you respond with "you take NYT opinion articles about Trump as fact" and I ask if Trump said those things or not. So did he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections