Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:43 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,943,348 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) – Donald Trump reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president Thursday, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter fall campaign.

Trump was put over the top in the Associated Press delegate count by a small number of the party’s unbound delegates who told the AP they would support him at the national convention in July. Among them is Oklahoma GOP chairwoman Pam Pollard.

“I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn’t like where our country is,” Pollard said. “I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rea...-election.html

Its official Bring it on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 05:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times
Apparently some are still saying 'not so fast.'

Trump hasn't closed the deal

Old 05-26-2016, 05:54 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,056,058 times
Reminds me of a cinderella team that gets crushed in the championship game. Happens all the time.

Mick

Old 05-26-2016, 07:02 PM

17,314 posts, read 9,130,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Apparently some are still saying 'not so fast.'

Trump hasn't closed the deal
Corey Haugman is still on his Soap Box, claiming that "the party chooses", the Hell with the Voters and the Hell with State Laws and RNC Rules that have been in place for years.

Haugman is claiming that the Elections of 1860 & 1868 (Civil War Era) PROVE he is correct and that there is no such thing (despite State Laws & RNC Rules) as a "Bound Delegate". Cruzers believe this Fairy Tale.

Republican Delegate Rules by State| Ballotpedia

North Dakota -- 45 Delegates (no primary)

Cruz claimed to have "won" the majority of North Dakota GOP Delegates and did his Victory Dance.
Kasich claimed to have won 20 of the 45 Delegates.

On Thursday, May 26 - 15 North Dakota Delegates Pledged (bound) themselves to VOTE for Donald J. Trump and put him over the threshold to win the GOP Nomination for President of the United States.

A clear Slap in the Face to the Nutty Corey Haugman that has been an embarrassment to N. Dakota.
They seriously need to sweep out the nut shells.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:42 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,056,058 times
But let me say congrats! He sure shook things up.

Mick

Old 05-26-2016, 11:36 PM

1,676 posts, read 938,205 times
So where's Dexter? Is he gonna go on and on about how The Donald will still somehow not become the nominee? LOL

Old 05-27-2016, 12:06 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
A great day for America and patriots.
If by "America" you mean "America's enemies" and by "patriots" you mean "angry, ignorant bigots" then sure.

It is absolutely embarrassing that such an unqualified buffoon could be nominated by a major political party.

We'll have to note this day and bring it up next time all the America-hating radicals on the right start telling us all how very patriotic they are. Patriots do not pick a loud-mouthed, immature, notorious con man as their candidate.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 05-27-2016 at 01:25 AM..

Old 05-27-2016, 02:43 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,370,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
So where's Dexter? Is he gonna go on and on about how The Donald will still somehow not become the nominee? LOL
Maybe with this bunch.....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...69540844527616

Old 11-17-2016, 07:50 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,602,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
you would be well advised to learn what betting odds are. They aren't the probability of an occurrence, they are the middle line of what popular perception of an occurrence is. Bookies place the odds to get even money on both sides so that the payout is equal and they pocket the fees

but that's ok, take comfort in the "fact" that Trump "will never get elected" and good luck finding a psychiatrist in December
I wrote this in May, nobody f'ing listened. Now deal with President Trump for at least 4 years

(make that 8 years if you continue to insult all his voters as racists, sexists, "everythingists" and pretend it all happened because of "fake news" and uneducated people)

Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,487,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I wrote this in May, nobody f'ing listened. Now deal with President Trump for at least 4 years

(make that 8 years if you continue to insult all his voters as racists, sexists, "everythingists" and pretend it all happened because of "fake news" and uneducated people)
You said:
"But that's ok, take comfort in the "fact" that Trump "will never get elected" and good luck finding a psychiatrist in December"

Goodness these resurrected threads are wickedly fun! And I didn't even vote for Trump!

However, didn't vote for Hillary either, and now people are losing their minds and not only are people being unfriended for voting Trump, I just heard someone on radio claim who was a "neverTrump" Republican that his "friends" are mad at him for being "insufficiently outraged"!

I'm sure the mental health industry is very busy right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections