Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 04:28 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It took me a minute to realize that you were being sarcastic. Once I did, I had to laugh at your post. It was pretty funny. Whoever told you that Mormons love Trump was obviously high on something. Mormons absolutely detest Trump. As a matter of fact, I read one article saying that at least one poll of Utahns (Utah is probably the reddest state in the country) indicated that a lot of die-hard Republicans are going to be voting Democrat in the upcoming election. I know that even in the Utah caucuses this year, the Democrats actually ran out of ballots in several polling places. Support for the Democratic party was huge in Utah this year.
That is why people are saying Democrats and Republicans are pretty much the same.

If I were a DIE HARD Republican (whatever this means), I would at least vote for third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 07:05 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is why people are saying Democrats and Republicans are pretty much the same.

If I were a DIE HARD Republican (whatever this means), I would at least vote for third party.
It's a fallacy to say that Democrats and Republicans are the same - you can look at their policy positions and they do differ.

I sure hope that die hard Republicans who don't like Trump vote third party.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
It's a fallacy to say that Democrats and Republicans are the same - you can look at their policy positions and they do differ.

I sure hope that die hard Republicans who don't like Trump vote third party.
well, I don't think so. Far left and far right are exactly the same. LOL think about it for a second. Their policies might be different, but the damage has done by both parties are the same.

Neoconservative prefer hillary clinton over Sen. Rand Paul, does this tell you something? They are ALL the same. Hillary Clinton is just another neoconservative hawk.

If they were die hard Republican, why the hell they vote Hillary Clinton? LOL give me a break. That tells me Republican party is no longer a party of principled conservatism.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
well, I don't think so. Far left and far right are exactly the same. LOL think about it for a second. Their policies might be different, but the damage has done by both parties are the same.

Neoconservative prefer hillary clinton over Sen. Rand Paul, does this tell you something? They are ALL the same. Hillary Clinton is just another neoconservative hawk.

If they were die hard Republican, why the hell they vote Hillary Clinton? LOL give me a break. That tells me Republican party is no longer a party of principled conservatism.

Most voters aren't single issue voters - they consider a whole spectrum of factors in considering what sort of candidates to support.

While Hillary Clinton is considered more hawkish in the spectrum of Democratic political positions, her foreign policy views are definitely NOT in the same league of the true neocons like Cheney, Perle, Wolfowitz, Abrams. While neocons may not agree with Paul on foreign policy philosophy, they would have less to disagree with him on domestic policies. OTOH, they would disagree with Clinton on domestic policy.

Based on that, die hard Republicans were never going to vote for Clinton under any circumstances, foreign policy notwithstanding. In fact, they've pilloried her constantly for the Benghazi issue and tried to make it a cause celebrae (and came up with nothing). They've disliked her for over 25 years and have a cottage industry dedicated to trumping up (pun intended) controversies and nonsense - and have little to show for it.

But I agree with you - the Republican party is no longer a party of principled conservatism, and hasn't been in a long time.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:

Yes, die hard Republicans is a silly word but implies principled conservatives as you say.

You're correct -- there's no way a principled conservative would even consider Hillary Clinton. Trump is not really a great fit for conservatives either, which is why some of us may go with Johnson or not vote or choose a different 3rd party candidate.

Anyone who claims to be conservative and supports Hillary Clinton is a liar.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post

But I agree with you - the Republican party is no longer a party of principled conservatism, and hasn't been in a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Yes, die hard Republicans is a silly word but implies principled conservatives as you say.

You're correct -- there's no way a principled conservative would even consider Hillary Clinton. Trump is not really a great fit for conservatives either, which is why some of us may go with Johnson or not vote or choose a different 3rd party candidate.

Anyone who claims to be conservative and supports Hillary Clinton is a liar.
agree with you both.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-29-2016 at 07:59 AM..

Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 PM

83 posts, read 75,522 times
I vote Republican and any Asian American with any type of common sense would do the same as well. A lot of Asians are too concerned with "fitting in" with other minorities when they fail to understand that liberal policies hurt us.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:22 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Wang, who left China when he was 10, is married with three kids, and lives in Los Angeles, said he would "absolutely" vote for the presumptive Republican nominee save for one small problem — he cannot vote.
So Wang, a permanent U.S. resident, did the next best thing. A week after Trump announced his candidacy, Wang founded a group called "Chinese Americans for Trump," an effort to galvanize eligible Chinese-American voters to back the real-estate mogul in primaries, caucuses, and the general election.
"It is my freedom to go out on the street and say, 'I love Trump,' as a permanent resident," Wang said, adding that he's filed his citizenship papers and hopes to cast a ballot in November.

Attracted by Immigration, Education Policies, Some Chinese Americans Stump for Trump - NBC News

Chinese Americans

Old 06-02-2016, 02:41 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,208,076 times
I still cannot understand why Chinese Americans mainly vote Democrat. Who are they listening to when they first came over? Too many liberal professors at U.S. universities? Chinese in America, (not the very recent ones immigrating to the U.S.) are traditional and somewhat conservative thinking people. They are some of the most fiscally conservative people I know, yet many vote Democrat and I think Asialivesmatter is correct. They are trying to fit in, with American society. I think if Chinese American's just looked into government spending and what Democrats propose, they would think twice about voting for Hillary or Bernie or any Dem in future local and federal elections. Most Chinese who are established in the U.S. already are too intelligent, too educated, and too successful to give their hard earned money away to government programs that fail.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
I still cannot understand why Chinese Americans mainly vote Democrat. Who are they listening to when they first came over? Too many liberal professors at U.S. universities? Chinese in America, (not the very recent ones immigrating to the U.S.) are traditional and somewhat conservative thinking people. They are some of the most fiscally conservative people I know, yet many vote Democrat and I think Asialivesmatter is correct. They are trying to fit in, with American society. I think if Chinese American's just looked into government spending and what Democrats propose, they would think twice about voting for Hillary or Bernie or any Dem in future local and federal elections. Most Chinese who are established in the U.S. already are too intelligent, too educated, and too successful to give their hard earned money away to government programs that fail.
Maybe they're smart enough to figure out that Republicans aren't necessarily fiscal conservatives, and have had a poor record in states such as Louisiana, Kansas, and Mississippi. Like cutting and gutting the education system, and you know, Chinese folks supposedly like schools too!

And maybe they've seen Democratic governors and officials like Jerry Brown help improve public budgets fiscally.

Maybe they've gotten more support from the Democratic party to run in local and state elections.

Maybe they've figured out that politicians who scapegoat other immigrant groups can easily use that on Chinese Americans when convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections