Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:39 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
So I have to assume that you are okay with kids taking their cues from Trump and calling you non-pc things, right? For instance, if you are older and a bit heavier, they can call you "fat old man" or "dumpy old lady." It's all about being non-pc and not afraid to stand up for yourself.

Whenever you interact with other people, you should be like Trump, right? Kids should be taught this growing up?
Good grief! You think that eschewing PC BS amounts to calling people vile names? Get a grip! Before all the PC BS started, people who were raised properly knew that you didn't make fun of people who had a disability. They also knew better than to spew derogatory words regarding race, religion or ethnicity.

Then the PC police came along and browbeat people into calling a Christmas tree a "holiday tree", for example. They've also tried to browbeat people into calling illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants". There are many, many more examples, which, I'm sure, that you are well aware of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 11:14 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good grief! You think that eschewing PC BS amounts to calling people vile names? Get a grip! Before all the PC BS started, people who were raised properly knew that you didn't make fun of people who had a disability. They also knew better than to spew derogatory words regarding race, religion or ethnicity.

Then the PC police came along and browbeat people into calling a Christmas tree a "holiday tree", for example. They've also tried to browbeat people into calling illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants". There are many, many more examples, which, I'm sure, that you are well aware of.
Well, some of you seem to want a President who calls people names. I've seen kids who are obviously taking their cues from Trump and are what I consider to be "rude." It seems like some of you think this is perfectly okay.

Don't forget, the president is supposed to set an example. Don't you remember that old story about George Washington and the cherry tree?

Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
1980 is calling and wants their decade back - The Cold War ended with Reagan.
We are now dealing with Nutcases and they push harder with a weak Leadership.

Trump won't be a weak Leader.
Wasn't Reagan a movie star?
The Cold War ended when the Berlin wall came down.
It looks like weak leadership with an army of newbies and radicals.

Trump won't be a weak leader, but he might not have an evolved enough understanding of international politics to make good decisions.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
So I have to assume that you are okay with kids taking their cues from Trump and calling you non-pc things, right? For instance, if you are older and a bit heavier, they can call you "fat old man" or "dumpy old lady." It's all about being non-pc and not afraid to stand up for yourself.

Whenever you interact with other people, you should be like Trump, right? Kids should be taught this growing up?
Political correctness was invented to accommodate the minority, to provide an inclusive society. Political correctness has gone too far, where gender is perceived as an elected preference rather than an innate, congenital trait.

It's not all about being non-pc. Trump calls a spade a spade, which is perceived as a faux pas in the context of PC. The PC pendulum has gone too far in one direction and needs to include social conservatism. Trump resorts to social conservative stereotypes and that offends some people, but stereotypes exist for a reason.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:35 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Well, some of you seem to want a President who calls people names. I've seen kids who are obviously taking their cues from Trump and are what I consider to be "rude." It seems like some of you think this is perfectly okay.

Don't forget, the president is supposed to set an example. Don't you remember that old story about George Washington and the cherry tree?
Oh puhleez!

Young kids are taking cues from Trump? Really? Get real!

No, they're taking cues from their parents. It's up to the parents to teach them right from wrong. It's also up to parents to let them know about PC BS and how it came to be. It's gotten to the point where sometimes people don't know what to say. It can be difficult for people of all ages to keep up with what the PC police determine to be right or wrong.

I want a president who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. You want a polished empty suit who has been browbeaten by the PC police. It doesn't matter to you if your candidate is in the pockets of his/her mega-rich donors and puts said donors ahead of his/her constituents. That's not alright by me. It's candidates like that who have gotten us in the current mess.

If you can't tell the difference between rude behavior and eschewing PC BS, then I don't know what to tell you.

Do you think Obama is setting a good example? Do you consider his refusing to enforce immigration laws to be a good example? Do you consider him going after states that make laws that mirror federal immigration laws and suing them for it---all the while not going after states that refuse to follow federal immigration laws---to be a good example? To use your reasoning---kids can look at that and say "If Obama refuses to go after states that break federal laws, then I can pick and choose which laws to obey".

Old 05-29-2016, 12:02 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Do you think Obama is setting a good example?
Obama sets a good example. He doesn't call people names. He doesn't have bad personal habits. He always looks presentable. He treats his kids and wife well. This should be the BARE MINIMUM we expect from a President. Trumps fails at the second sentence of this paragraph.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:04 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderman65 View Post
or get investigated
The U.S. is not England or Canada.....yet.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
He doesn't have bad personal habits.
Do an Internet search for 'Obama nicotine gum' and see how many hits you get re his chewing at official events all over the world.....plenty.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Oh puhleez!

Young kids are taking cues from Trump? Really? Get real!

No, they're taking cues from their parents. It's up to the parents to teach them right from wrong.
This ^^^^^ (grandparents and other close family members can also be helpful)

Quote:
Do you think Obama is setting a good example? Do you consider his refusing to enforce immigration laws to be a good example? Do you consider him going after states that make laws that mirror federal immigration laws and suing them for it---all the while not going after states that refuse to follow federal immigration laws---to be a good example? To use your reasoning---kids can look at that and say "If Obama refuses to go after states that break federal laws, then I can pick and choose which laws to obey".
And this ^^^^^

Old 05-29-2016, 12:34 AM

Obama is too soft, and too uncertain. He completely botched the rise of ISIS in the middle east - not even on his radar until it was too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections