Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump is more Liberal than Clinton.
not on taxes, de-regulation, and other things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 01:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
not on taxes, de-regulation, and other things
There is no real way to tell as both will lie with a straight face.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Was he in charge of the matters? I wasn't aware it was the Senate that made debacles out of these two countries.
?

You hold Clinton responsible for Iraq in which Bush was in charge. Yet you fail to hold Bernie accountable for his positive support.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
?

You hold Clinton responsible for Iraq in which Bush was in charge. Yet you fail to hold Bernie accountable for his positive support.
Trump is ahead of both on this matter

Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
?

I hold her decision to do it as bad
Her actions as SoS bad

His support of Libya and Syria was bad. Her actions were worse as she was supposedly leading the charge.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:27 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What has she done to earn your vote?
Nothing. That the point of my posts. I'm not voting for her, trump, or anybody else this election cycle. Whoever wins (mostly likely Clinton) has to show me that their agendas are truly progressive. Otherwise they don't get my vote now or in 4 year. And something tell me I far from alone with this sentiment. Let watch voter participation numbers shall we.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Nothing. That the point of my posts. I'm not voting for her, trump, or anybody else this election cycle. Whoever wins (mostly likely Clinton) has to show me that their agendas are truly progressive. Otherwise they don't get my vote now or in 4 year. And something tell me I far from alone with this sentiment. Let watch voter participation numbers shall we.

Fair enough.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's the same thing that was said in 2008 -- Hillary voters won't support Obama (which they did.) It's also why McCain cynically chose Sarah Palin, because she's got ovaries and will attract disaffected Hillary supporters.

The reality is that although Mrs. Clinton is not as left as Sanders, she supports just about the same things as Sanders. She wants a raise to the minimum wage; government supported health care; raising taxes on the rich, etc. All of her policies help working Americans.

Dumb Donald's proposals all benefit the wealthy class at the expense of the working class. This is why DD has been focusing on discredited Clinton conspiracy theories from the 1990s -- he can't compete with her on the real issues facing Americans.

I watched the video and the Bernie or Bust supporter was vague and unspecific and it broke down to "I just don't trust her" -- a position that is largely created by 25 years of right-wing smears.

Logically, what does that mean? Is this voter going to not support Clinton on the basis of lack-of-trust and then help Dishonest Donald win, who flips positions in mid-sentence?
I don't think you watched the whole video because she got into Hillary's specific contradictions.

And no, Clinton and Sanders do not want the same things, they can't, they are fundamentally different people with different motives and different records. This was even highlighted in the video, Clinton does not have a confidence inspiring record of accountability or integrity.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:14 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
I think perpetrators ought to be held directly accountable for their own actions.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The guy that lead the attack on the 1st amendment in an effort to save his job?
Yeah, sorry but you seem to be thinking of someone else. Feingold was the only senator who voted against the Patriot Act. Might want to do some research before posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections