Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 01:02 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,325,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Defendants do not have the right to shop around for judges until they arrive at one whose heritage they haven't insulted. A member of the KKK doesn't get to insist on a white judge, does he?
Exactly my point I originally said.

If a known KKK member had a white judge that participated in deliberate and self defined whites-only activities. The black plaintiff would want a new judge. Do you understand Trump's point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 PM

46,814 posts, read 25,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Do you understand Trump's point?
Absolutely. He's gone out of his way to offend the judge's heritage and now he doesn't want to face the music. That's perfectly understandable.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 06-04-2016 at 06:31 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 06:27 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,927,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I really have to wonder... seriously, the guy must have just joined that lawyer group so that he could indicate membership in it just for the trump trial, right? And he is de facto a "trump hater" because he is, what, non-white? Because he is a member of a lawyer's group?

"Pierson pointed to his membership in a Latino lawyers group in California to show he is anti-Trump."I think what's really interesting about this particular judge - as Mr. Trump refers to him as a 'Trump hater' - is he even mentions on his judicial questionnaire that he was a La Raza Lawyers Association member," Pierson said."

Pierson does mental gymnastics every time she speaks, but this is a bit much, even for her.

"Well, it's because of what we see outside of these rallies, these anti-Trump rallies, these criminal rallies, these criminal protesters out there defacing property and attacking police officers," Pierson said.
"They're doing so under the guise of an anti-Trump protest, with their Mexican flags, and La Raza and this judge is connected to that."

I really like the line "these rallies, these anti-trump rallies, these criminal rallies..." I guess it doesn't matter if they were actual rallies or actual protests, she probably worked for hours memorizing that line. He should be paying her a buttload of money to defend him, since she is sooooo good at it.

Trump aide defends bringing up judge's 'Mexican' heritage
That's why so few hispanics/latinos are voting for clown Trump. They know he just doesn't mean illegal aliens. For bigots like Trump every hispanic is the same, an illegal, even if they were born in the US. Same with Muslims and blacks. For Trump all Muslims are terrorists and all blacks are criminals. Remember his black crime tweet which was full of false facts? Oh yeah and all women are just objects that need to be evaluated from 1 to 10.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:30 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,757,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I wouldn't want to be Judge Curiel right now.

Judges are used to being bullies and getting away with it.

But now he's having to deal with someone "his own size".
Original thinker you are...

Old 06-04-2016, 06:43 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,927,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Rumor is that his campaign is at its wit's end, in disarray, and that nobody can get through to him to stop self-destructing.

This is who he is--a loose cannon who can go off at a moment's notice.
I believe that.

I think Trump has a borderline personality disorder. Those people get very irrational and vindictive when other people don't act they way they want them to. They can't control themselves when they are possessed by their own anger. They are very irrational and self-destructive.

The way Trump went after Megyn Kelly for months says a lot about his character. All she did was ask him a question about things he said in the past.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:21 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You have noticed this thread is about trump and his fans insisting a judge should withdraw from a case due to his "race, creed and color", right? Sort of the point of contention.
I guess if Trump is elected, only white judges can hear cases involving whites and black judges will have to hear cases involving blacks and so on and so forth. Latino judges ~ you get the point.

This seems to be his current mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I believe that.

I think Trump has a borderline personality disorder. Those people get very irrational and vindictive when other people don't act they way they want them to. They can't control themselves when they are possessed by their own anger. They are very irrational and self-destructive.

The way Trump went after Megyn Kelly for months says a lot about his character. All she did was ask him a question about things he said in the past.
Trump has been diagnosed by a number of psychiatrists as being a textbook case of BPD or NPD.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:33 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,445,944 times
Sorry, Judge Curiel is NOT the "size" of ffdtrump. The judge's hands are much bigger.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:49 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,017,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
That's why so few hispanics/latinos are voting for clown Trump. They know he just doesn't mean illegal aliens. For bigots like Trump every hispanic is the same, an illegal, even if they were born in the US. Same with Muslims and blacks. For Trump all Muslims are terrorists and all blacks are criminals. Remember his black crime tweet which was full of false facts? Oh yeah and all women are just objects that need to be evaluated from 1 to 10.

Sugah Ray, such a good summation. And yes, it will alienate even more Hispanic voters which he needs if he expects to win the election in November. Unless he backs off of his stance on this situation, using Bernie's words, he's toast when it comes to winning the presidency as he's pushing away even more Hispanic voters. It won't matter how many tweets he makes of eating tacos to symbolize how much he loves Hispanics will it mitigate his and his surrogate's continued insistence that Judge Curiel is "Mexican" and can't be impartial.

Many here are still are harping on the fact that Judge Curiel is an advocate for illegal immigration just because he's a member of a Hispanic lawyers association. Remember, Katrina Pierson, has been proven wrong when she tried to tie Judge Curiel to La Raza, the advocacy group.

My understanding is this:

The LaRaza Lawyers Association of San Diego which Judge Curiel is a member is NOT an advocacy group and has NO association with La Raza the advocacy group. Rather, it is a professional organization which is non-partisan and by its own mission statement is unbiased, impartial, neutral, and objective when it comes to political issues.

To keep insisting that Judge Curiel supports illegal immigration because he was on a SDLRLA committee overseeing the distribution of scholarships in 2014 to bright and promising students wanting to become lawyers is ridiculous as he was not the sole voice in who received the scholarships. There were others on the committee. They issued seven scholarships to students that year and one of the seven disclosed that he was undocumented. The other six did not disclose one way or the other but as I understand it, all were born in Central America.

The undocumented student was 11-years old when his parents crossed the border illegally to come to the U.S. for better opportunities for their children. Yes, the parents came to the country illegally but other than that, both they and their children have not committed any crimes once in the U.S. The 11-year old had no decision or input as to the crime his parent committed by entering the country illegally. Whether the student should be punished for a crime his parents committed could be debatable. However, I don't believe it's fair to accuse Judge Curiel --as a member of the committee responsible for issuing the scholarships-- of being sympathetic to illegal aliens because of this.

Who knows --perhaps Curiel was the one dissenting member on the committee but was overruled by the others wanting to give this student a scholarship. We don't know that for sure but to accuse him of something for which most of us have no details is patently unfair in my opinion unless we know more about the details of how these scholarships are issued.
~amanda

Old 06-04-2016, 08:21 PM

62,474 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Sugah Ray, such a good summation. And yes, it will alienate even more Hispanic voters which he needs if he expects to win the election in November. Unless he backs off of his stance on this situation, using Bernie's words, he's toast when it comes to winning the presidency as he's pushing away even more Hispanic voters. It won't matter how many tweets he makes of eating tacos to symbolize how much he loves Hispanics will it mitigate his and his surrogate's continued insistence that Judge Curiel is "Mexican" and can't be impartial.

Many here are still are harping on the fact that Judge Curiel is an advocate for illegal immigration just because he's a member of a Hispanic lawyers association. Remember, Katrina Pierson, has been proven wrong when she tried to tie Judge Curiel to La Raza, the advocacy group.

My understanding is this:

The LaRaza Lawyers Association of San Diego which Judge Curiel is a member is NOT an advocacy group and has NO association with La Raza the advocacy group. Rather, it is a professional organization which is non-partisan and by its own mission statement is unbiased, impartial, neutral, and objective when it comes to political issues.

To keep insisting that Judge Curiel supports illegal immigration because he was on a SDLRLA committee overseeing the distribution of scholarships in 2014 to bright and promising students wanting to become lawyers is ridiculous as he was not the sole voice in who received the scholarships. There were others on the committee. They issued seven scholarships to students that year and one of the seven disclosed that he was undocumented. The other six did not disclose one way or the other but as I understand it, all were born in Central America.

The undocumented student was 11-years old when his parents crossed the border illegally to come to the U.S. for better opportunities for their children. Yes, the parents came to the country illegally but other than that, both they and their children have not committed any crimes once in the U.S. The 11-year old had no decision or input as to the crime his parent committed by entering the country illegally. Whether the student should be punished for a crime his parents committed could be debatable. However, I don't believe it's fair to accuse Judge Curiel --as a member of the committee responsible for issuing the scholarships-- of being sympathetic to illegal aliens because of this.

Who knows --perhaps Curiel was the one dissenting member on the committee but was overruled by the others wanting to give this student a scholarship. We don't know that for sure but to accuse him of something for which most of us have no details is patently unfair in my opinion unless we know more about the details of how these scholarships are issued.
~amanda
How can someone here illegally in our country not have committed the crime of working with a stolen SS number or for cash evading taxes? Those are crimes! I am sure that Trump would have no problem with Hispanics who are judges or otherwise that respects our border and are law abiding. I don't have the sources at hand but from what I read the judge is an illegal alien defender and supporter. I don't blame Trump for worrying about the bias since his stance is the complete opposite of that.

No one has the right to come to our country illegally to provide a better life for their families and take what doesn't belong to them. It doesn't matter if the child was brought here by his parents. He's still here illegally and that's the bottom line.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 PM

46,814 posts, read 25,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Sorry, Judge Curiel is NOT the "size" of ffdtrump. The judge's hands are much bigger.
A judge who's stared down death threats from Mexican drug cartels is not going to blink at someone like Trump. Which is as it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections