Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will addapt more Trump or hardline Republicans ?
Trump 4 20.00%
Republicans 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM

32,809 posts, read 12,091,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Trump should conform to GOP values of LIMITED GOVERNMENT, personal liberty, RESPONSIBLE SPENDING, and free market economic principles. If not than he can't run under the party's banner.
The Republican leadership in this decade hasn't conformed to those values.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:51 PM

18,991 posts, read 16,811,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
Uh, the party leadership has given obama everything he wants. They are far from right. But your name calling and failure to recognize reality is duly noted.
I must have missed the cooperative spirit that you allude to with the current administration but perhaps the view is different from the moral high ground...

Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,104,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Neither. They'll just end up hating each other.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/
When the Republican party decided to be the "big tent Party," they knowingly let in all the crazies in society -- and this is what they get. Sad!

Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM

22,279 posts, read 11,769,368 times
Quote:
Trump IS far right ... he's just not a social conservative. Deporting entire ethnic groups, stripping people of citizenship, banning an entire religion, state control of the press, and wanton slaughter of innocents for merely being related to a suspected terrorist are far right wetdreams.
You seriously need to get a grip

Where did Trump say he will strip people of citizenship?

Where did he say he would ban an entire religion?

"State control of the press"? What are you yammering about? Currently, the MSM is in the pockets of the dems and special interests.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:20 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,208,791 times
Quote:
Drumpf should conform to GOP values of LIMITED GOVERNMENT, personal liberty, RESPONSIBLE SPENDING, and free market economic principles. If not than he can't run under the party's banner.
The Republicans should conform to these values too....

Frankly, the current GOP looks like a party that doesn't know what it wants, which frankly, is probably why Trump is getting the nomination. People want a man who will act on his convictions, and while there's no actual reason to believe Trump will nor any indication of what his actual convictions are, it is clear that many Republican law makers don't hold those values close.

Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are a bit disjointed too, but I feel the Republicans are worse off currently. Which is a shame. I think a functioning and ideologically consistent conservative party would be a great thing to have in contrast to a moderate liberal party. But alas, our options are instead complete trash....

Old 05-31-2016, 06:16 PM

30,121 posts, read 23,504,586 times
Quote:
Should Trump addapt to the Republican party like Sen. Mcconnell says...
Boy, they just are not listening. It's in their face, all day, all night, and they still don't get it?! These are some clueless fools running things....if they are that stupid, they need to go.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:26 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,871,832 times
addapt?

Old 05-31-2016, 06:27 PM

25,571 posts, read 21,747,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Trump is getting the nomination because of his refusal to conform to what the establishment is pushing which has really not been inline with traditional Republican views of late. The party needs to get back to the basics. I believe Trump is the man to help us do that.
Yes, I didn't vote for Trump to see his "conform" to the same old, same old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
Ryan's a pos, wants amnesty, let obama do whatever he wanted. eff him
That ^^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
When the Republican party decided to be the "big tent Party," they knowingly let in all the crazies in society -- and this is what they get. Sad!
The "crazy" is gone, Cruz left a couple months ago. And, when did they let Hillary in or does the Dems have a "big tent Party" going on too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You seriously need to get a grip

Where did Trump say he will strip people of citizenship?

Where did he say he would ban an entire religion?

"State control of the press"? What are you yammering about? Currently, the MSM is in the pockets of the dems and special interests.
Delusions. One of the criteria for diagnosing TDS is "delusions". One of the other criteria, "inability to think for self" is also in play.

Seriously, do the schools teach anything anymore that helps with "critical thinking" skills? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking I am just not seeing it from a lot of people these days.

Another criteria of TDS, "grabbing a headline" and running with it!

Old 06-02-2016, 11:24 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,917,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I think it would be a little bit of both. It will be interesting to see what the give and take will look like.
Addapt? is that how Slovenians spell adapt? I think I want 3 ddds.

Trump will adddapt to the Fox Network once he gets his own show after losing the national election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections