Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,919,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I think you are right. He's worth $1.0 billion or thereabouts.

Mick
I'm not making an estimate to say he is worth $1.0B "or thereabouts" just saying that since 2005 (11 years) anyone with any assets should have seen an annual growth of at least 2.25% which would put him over $1B easily. There is much more upside possible there though, but it would take too many assumptions and just be guessing at that point. While I question his $10B claims because I think he over-inflates the value of his brand (the Trump name) I'm sure its well over a $1B net worth if we assume the $788M figure from 11 years ago is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 11:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,364,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Donald Trump routinely overestimates the size of things. He thinks he has large hands but admits he wear "just under a large" in gloves (which would be a Medium).

He routinely overestimates the size of his crowds -- 4,000 people becomes 15,000 people. 7,500 becomes 31,000. There's a big list of these overestimates somewhere on this forum.

And now, someone takes on his net worth:

Top 10 Reasons To Doubt Trump Is Even A Billionaire

Is he even a billionaire? Deutsch Bank estimated his net worth at $788 million in 2005.

What do you think?
I think I'd like to try life at $788 million.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Donald Trump routinely overestimates the size of things. He thinks he has large hands but admits he wear "just under a large" in gloves (which would be a Medium).

He routinely overestimates the size of his crowds -- 4,000 people becomes 15,000 people. 7,500 becomes 31,000. There's a big list of these overestimates somewhere on this forum.

Is he even a billionaire? Deutsch Bank estimated his net worth at $788 million in 2005.

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that's not changing a story. did you read what you highlighted?

in the first part he asks a question, "is [trump] even a billionaire ?", then in the second part gives his personal opinion to that question ("possible").
Yes, of course I read what I highlighted.

In the first part he asks the question, then goes on to seemingly give "proof" that he isn't a billionaire by quoting the Deutsch Bank estimate from 2005, implying that if he were answering his own question he does not think he is a billionaire.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Forbes says $4.1B, unquestionably into the "Billionare" status without being on the fringe, but clearly not the $8.7B he claims.

Forbes Welcome

Quote:
He claimed his net worth was nearly $9 billion. We figure it’s closer to $4 billion — $4.1 billion to be exact.

This discrepancy is noteworthy, since Trump’s financial success – he put his fortune at exactly $8,737,540,000

Old 06-03-2016, 12:31 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,104,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So you are changing your story then?
No. I asked a general question, then I answered with my opinion. That's not changing my story.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't consider Trump's worth an important issue when it comes to voting for him for POTUS. I read that most voters are looking for honesty in this election, thus the draw toward both Trump and Sanders versus the alternatives. Other concerns are the candidates ability to keep the country safe and create jobs. I don't remember anyone really stating that the "monetary worth" of the candidate was a big consideration if any at all.
If honesty is important, then it's important to verify that Trump is actually worth $f10 billion (or close to that) versus $1 billion or less (which is a lot less and would make the $10 billion claim a lie).

Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,554,682 times
Who cares? Money doesn't make the MAN. He's a Jerk.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:

What do you think?
Quote:
No. I asked a general question, then I answered with my opinion. That's not changing my story.
I guess I'm just confused then as to why someone would start a thread building a case that he exaggerates and lies about everything, and posts evidence that someone else valued him at less than a billion, literally questions if its true, and then waits over 8 hours to share their actual opinion on the topic?

Old 06-03-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Mark Cuban estimates lower.

“I don’t think he’s very good at brands for non-real-estate products. And, to me, it’s more a reflection of desperation,” he said in an interview with WABC. “As of May 27, Donald doesn’t have more than $165 million in cash and securities and bonds..."

Mark Cuban Says He Wants To Run As Hillary Clinton’s VP
Mark Cuban raises important issues. A billionaire would have a lot more cash or cash equivalents on hand -- and Mark should know since he really is a billionaire.

Trump claimed he had $500 million in income, but a media outlet did an analysis of that and it's actually $500 million in revenue which is not the same thing as income. You have to take your costs out of revenue to get profits, and the profits would be your income.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I guess I'm just confused then as to why someone would start a thread building a case that he exaggerates and lies about everything, and posts evidence that someone else valued him at less than a billion, literally questions if its true, and then waits over 8 hours to share their actual opinion on the topic?
I thought it was an interesting topic with an interesting link that we had not discussed on this board. That's why I started a thread. The link lays out 10 points for discussion. OK?

Lots of people post on this board every day and we need interesting topics to keep the board fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections