Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 10:43 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,936,716 times

Advertisements

Seeing the stupidity on both major sides in comments threads like this makes me despair for America (if not humanity). I read material from sources ranging from the far left to the far right (plus some outliers that don't necessarily fit into that framework), and I don't find that the best minds on either side are just stupid, or evil (at least for the points not at either extreme).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 10:45 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I'm not. Despicable is supporting a corrupt clown like Trump who can no longer speak in complete sentences because he is senile.

"Look at my African American" "I love my Africans". Maybe Trump like Paula Deen wants a "Southern plantation style convention" back when Trump's Africans were property.
But should someone go to your home, beat the crap out of you and your family, and maybe burn your home down?? Because of what you say and think.....because of your political party?
Should they??
Why not??

Old 06-04-2016, 10:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Why do you omit his affiliation with La Raza? When you play on the tracks, you get hit by the train.....he CHOSE to become affiliated with La Raza......didn't he??
It's about the decisions we make in life, not where we were born.
But then, you know all this. And you are just being disingenuous, aren't you??
He was never affiliated with the political group called La Raza, but rather he is a member of a Los Angeles based Attorney organization with the same name:

Even RedState is calling him out on this dishonest allegation:
The Dishonest Attempt to Associate Gonzalo Curiel with "La Raza" | RedState

Old 06-04-2016, 10:54 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He was never affiliated with the political group called La Raza, but rather he is a member of a Los Angeles based Attorney organization with the same name:

Even RedState is calling him out on this dishonest allegation:
The Dishonest Attempt to Associate Gonzalo Curiel with "La Raza" | RedState
Did you even read the comments on that RedState article?? Commenters (who, like Erik Erikkson, the founder of RedState, are absolutely fanatical haters of Trump)had enough integrity to point out that the column is mistaken: when you go to the web page for the judge's La Raza lawyer's guild, it links up to the national La Raza group. It is the legal group affiliated with national La Raza.

Geez.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:56 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Did you even read the comments on that RedState article?? Commenters (who, like Erik Erikkson, the founder of RedState, are absolutely fanatical haters of Trump)had enough integrity to point out that the column is mistaken: when you go to the web page for the judge's La Raza lawyer's guild, it links up to the national La Raza group. It is the legal group affiliated with national La Raza.

Geez.

the fact that the judge voluntarily participates in and therefore supports race and ethnic-based activity IS relevant, just as it would be relevant, for example, if a discrimination case brought by a black plaintiff against a white defendant were put before a judge who in his spare time participates in deliberate and self-defined whites-only activities.

While it is probably not unlawful for a judge to participate in a race or ethnic based professional group, it is clearly not appropriate - and by any common sense measure, taints the judge's impartiality in matters involving race, gender, ethnicity, etc.

End of story. The pro-Clinton media can twist it to look however it wants. I understand they want Clinton to win. Most people are too lazy to read the whole story, which is fine.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:03 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
But should someone go to your home, beat the crap out of you and your family, and maybe burn your home down?? Because of what you say and think.....because of your political party?
Should they??
Why not??
How dramatic. They didn't go to their home. They were outside protesting and Ms "I want my 15 minutes of fame" was provoking these people, she was antagonizing the protesters, going after their signs, flipping the bird at them, telling them "go back to where you came from" Sure that is no excuse to assault anyone but don't come here claiming she was somehow a saint that just wanted to go inside.

Oh it was one egg, thrown by ONE person out of millions who disapprove Trump, so let's not pretend there was a mob against her and that everybody who is anti-Trump is violent because ONE idiot threw an egg to another idiot who was making bigoted comments and sticking up her middle finger. Trumpettes cut the drama, the videos are out there.

Why don't you guys post this video too? inconvenient truth?
Witnesses: Woman Egged at San Jose Donald Trump Rally Was Cussing, Yelling Anti-Mexican Remarks | NBC Bay Area

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 06-04-2016 at 11:13 AM..

Old 06-04-2016, 11:10 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Geez.
I read several comments, here are a few:

Quote:
Mr. Wolf - took your advice and went to the web site for La Raza Lawyers of California - as you indicated, nothing unusual there and nothing apparently linking the group of Lawyers to the National Council of La Raza, except there is a direct link at the bottom of one of their web pages. You have to browse their (Lawyers) web site (other than the landing page) but i did find the link and and made the click / connection to the National Council of La Raza's web site. I agree with you that the lawyer's site provides no endorsement or affiliation with the National Council, but the link to La Raza does exist. (see the bottom of links and affiliates web page - after the articles section).
Quote:
Uh huh. And once you get your head out of the sand and realize that this judge has done NOTHING to indicate that he's either biased, or agrees with anything the National Council of La Raza stands for, the better off you'll be.
And here is a statement from the head of the lawyer's association:

"Luis Osuna, the president of the lawyers association, said the group is not an advocacy group and supports candidates on both sides of the aisle. He said Trump’s attempts to discredit Curiel should give voters serious pause, not least because his comments reduce Hispanics in the legal profession to their heritage"

Old 06-04-2016, 11:12 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
How dramatic. They didn't go to their home. They were outside protesting and Ms "I want my 15 minutes of fame" was provoking these people, she was cursing, flipping the bird at them, telling them "go back to where you came from" Sure that is no excuse to assault anyone but don't come here claiming she was somehow a saint that just wanted to go inside.

Witnesses: Woman Egged at San Jose Donald Trump Rally Was Cussing, Yelling Anti-Mexican Remarks | NBC Bay Area

Illegal Aliens and their supporters, make up the biggest number of Trump Protesters. They should be rounded up and stuffed in buses headed for detention camps. These people have no business even being here, let alone at a rally flying Mexican flags. Any one that supports those people is not fit to be called an American. Trump supporters need to start defending themselves and go on the offensive against these Thugs and the loony's that support them. Violent people only understand violence.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:16 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

We know that violent protesters were Clinton supporters because?????

OOPS! You still haven't proven that, but I will be right here waiting, thanks in advance

Brilliant. They are Protesting against Trump, so you don't know who they support? There are three people in the race, realistically, but basically two contenders, and you don't know who they support if it isn't Trump? That's funny.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Yeah good idea. People like you, the average Trumpette should never argue with people who are asking for facts. Facts don't exist in Trumpland. Remember always end your arguments with some insult. You get extra bonus points if the comment is misogynist or bigoted.

That's the Trump way.
Question to Trumpette#1: Prove the attackers were Hillary supporters
Trumpette #1 : I don't argue with women because they are not smart like myself. They are all stupid... like children
Trumpette # 2: Most liberals are women, and since all women are stupid therefore all liberals are stupid.
Since you're so smart perhaps I can get this across to you. I, that's me, said that this was leftism at its core. Never said it was rodham supporters. Now I can play obtuse with you for the next couple pages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections