Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 02:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How sad that members of his own party feel the need to reassure the world they will not allow their own candidate to destroy our relationship with our allies around the globe. A sign of things to come should the worst case scenario come to pass.

They will have to create a new department filled with people whose sole job is to run around after Donald Trump, stamping out the fires he starts with that big, ignorant mouth of his.
A few things:

First off, Obama has done far more to our "Allies" than any other President in the history of our country. Israel, the UK, Japan, Russia, and Poland have all felt marginalized thaks to Obama.

Secondly, Asking our allies to help defer the cost of us giving them protection is hardly going to "Destroy our relationship" with our allies. Quit bieng a hysterical drama queen

Old 06-07-2016, 02:20 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Why are the foreign countries crapping in their pants?

Trump said fair deals, stronger military, smarter trade for the US. Apart from his thin skin in control of nuclear arms?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:30 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,997,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Why are the foreign countries crapping in their pants?

Trump said fair deals, stronger military, smarter trade for the US. Apart from his thin skin in control of nuclear arms?
Any change in trade is cause for concern as we both export and import stuff from other countries. How does it affect them and the rest of the world.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Any change in trade is cause for concern as we both export and import stuff from other countries. How does it affect them and the rest of the world.
Who cares how it affects them if we are taking the brunt of the beating. We don't exist to make their lives easier and ours harder.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,997,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who cares how it affects them if we are taking the brunt of the beating. We don't exist to make their lives easier and ours harder.
Well the thing is we are not. NAFTA is an treaty between the United States, Canada and Mexico. There are items we export to Mexico and items we import. Our economies are linked and sudden shifts would do a lot of damage. Mexico is the 2nd largest export market for the United States and Canada is the largest. How many jobs depend on exports to these places? How many depend on import from these places?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:42 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
Isn't the US taking it big time when it comes to being screwed by trade deals?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:45 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Default Sen. Mark Kirk unendorses Trump

The Senator's statement

Quote:
“I have spent my life building bridges and tearing down barriers–not building walls. That’s why I find Donald Trump’s belief that an American-born judge of Mexican descent is incapable of fairly presiding over his case is not only dead wrong, it is un-American.

As the Presidential campaign progressed, I was hoping the rhetoric would tone down and reflect a campaign that was inclusive, thoughtful and principled. While I oppose the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump’s latest statements, in context with past attacks on Hispanics, women and the disabled like me, make it certain that I cannot and will not support my party’s nominee for President regardless of the political impact on my candidacy or the Republican Party.

It is absolutely essential that we are guided by a commander-in-chief with a responsible and proper temperament, discretion and judgment. Our President must be fit to command the most powerful military the world has ever seen, including an arsenal of thousands of nuclear weapons. After much consideration, I have concluded that Donald Trump has not demonstrated the temperament necessary to assume the greatest office in the world.”.
Sen. Mark Kirk withdraws support for Trump | Chicago Sun-Times

Quote:
Kirk's opponent, Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., has previously tried tying him to Trump. Illinois Democratic Party spokesman Sean Savett criticized Kirk.

"This comes after Tammy forcefully criticized Kirk yesterday for his silence over the Judge Curiel comments," Savett said. "Kirk has previously not just endorsed Trump but called him a 'net benefit' and offered to serve as his 'steady, conservative hand.' Those are hard to reconcile with your sources comments."

First Republican Senator Seeking Re-Election Won't Support Trump

I have a feeling this won't the last time this happens.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:50 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Well the thing is we are not. NAFTA is an treaty between the United States, Canada and Mexico. There are items we export to Mexico and items we import. Our economies are linked and sudden shifts would do a lot of damage. Mexico is the 2nd largest export market for the United States and Canada is the largest. How many jobs depend on exports to these places? How many depend on import from these places?
Actually, there are many industries have been hurt by this "deal" I blame both parties.

Here is just an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6s3v7kwYM

Old 06-07-2016, 02:52 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
here is another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZsV7hSzaQ

Old 06-07-2016, 03:00 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Kirk is disabled in a wheelchair. Trump probably does not know this. Hopefully he doesn't say something that can be taken the wrong way. Like Kirk should walk back his statement. The left would go nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections