Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:47 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,684,500 times

Advertisements

I was understanding your post until that last line. So, are you saying John McCain was not a hero, or are you saying he was a hero ?

Old 06-04-2016, 04:48 PM

38,981 posts, read 27,373,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I was understanding your post until that last line. So, are you saying John McCain was not a hero, or are you saying he was a hero ?
well, my opinion has never changed. He is a kick ass war hero (McCain that is), but he aint the only one.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:48 PM

200 posts, read 131,647 times
The majority of veterans will be voting for Donald Trump

Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM

25,671 posts, read 21,838,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
You can't explain it. The majority of vets will vote for Trump.
Yep, two votes at our house for Trump. We have watched the VA Healthcare system for some time. Old Hillary claims it wasn't that bad. Trust me, it was that bad. If she were a regular citizen, with the condition she is in, she would have been on the death list, those they decided if they waited long enough, the vet would die. They were right, many died.

So, one veteran slams Trump. This one is slamming Hillary for ignorance and arrogance about the VA Healthcare. Veterans also realize that the Commander-In-Chief must be very competent and can't be confused by medications or their health condition or distracted by a wedding.

Why troops and vets are voting for Trump | Washington Examiner

While we can't go back and fix the errors/crimes of the past, we can be ahead of them by not choosing a proven liability, someone has already failed, so we need new "blood", give Trump a chance, our economy and security depend on his being elected.

https://morningconsult.com/2016/05/2...trump-clinton/

Old 06-04-2016, 04:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,262,507 times
Vets are dying daily. 430/day WWII vets. Nothing to do with VA. But I'm sure their deaths are being used for political purposes.

They are old and dying. They're 80+ yrs of age. Don't blame the VA unless you have complete insight on the situation. I've seen the inside of several VA hospitals and some great stuff is happening there. Some of the countries best doctors and nurses are in some of them.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:01 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,005,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Stop this "vet said this, vet said that" silliness. I'm a vet. Vets are no different and their opinions no more important than anyone else's. No one should give a damn what a "vet" has to say, but should simply consider him or her another person with an opinion. If you agree fine or disagree, fine. But don't be tying some gravitas to the remark because the maker served in the armed forces at some point in their lives. Vets can be nutjobs too.
I would agree with this if Trump hadn't been using vets as backdrop props for months now, and if he hadn't made such offensive remarks about POWs not being heroes because they got caught, especially in light of how he got out of serving himself. That, in my opinion, opens him up for criticism from vets who did serve.

And this vet in the OP had a right to speak his mind from the point of view of a vet who has had enough of Trump's phony attention and concern for vets merely as a campaign tool.

Last edited by JAMS14; 06-04-2016 at 05:12 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 05:05 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,122,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hmmm..Illegal aliens from Mexico and Syrian refugees "Donned the uniform" for America? Those 50,000 children from Guetamala served in the US army? Is that what this guy is claiming? Must be since that who Trump is "Maligning". Can someone explain this idiocy?
Actually, foreign nationals (and illegal immigrants) have been serving in our military. Military to allow undocumented immigrants to serve

Military to Enlist Illegal Immigrants? : snopes.com

MAVNI is not a new program suddenly opening military service up to potentially dangerous foreign nationals, however. Started in 2008 under the administration of President George W. Bush, the initiative recruits individuals who emigrated to the U.S. with their parents before the age of 16; specifically, it now targets persons approved under the 2012 Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA) program. The goal of MAVNI is to locate and enroll people with specialized skills, particularly highly valued medical and linguistic skills, for military service to the U.S.

Under MAVNI, those who emigrated to the U.S. as children will be eligible for military service should they fit the necessary skills profile. The New York Times noted that the pool of potential recruits who fit the program's narrow requirements is likely to be very small:

This is actually a route to legal citizenship. I'm surprised you don't know this.

Last edited by UB50; 06-04-2016 at 05:14 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 05:11 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,760,462 times
I'm not a vet, but I would like a vet who happens to support Trump to explain to me why he/she is supporting Trump. I would truly be curious--and, ultimately, still bewildered and scratching my head, more than likely.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:14 PM

38,981 posts, read 27,373,217 times
Veterans Affairs Secretary Bob McDonald

“To me personally, the day to an appointment is really not what we should be measuring, what we should be measuring is the veterans satisfaction,” he said.

To illustrate his point, he cited the long lines at Disney theme parks.

When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line or what’s important?” he said. “What’s important is: What’s your satisfaction with the experience.”

- See more at: Silence is Consent | Obama henchman compares Long VA hospital wait times waiting in line at Disneyland

lol

Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,889,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I'm not a vet, but I would like a vet who happens to support Trump to explain to me why he/she is supporting Trump. I would truly be curious--and, ultimately, still bewildered and scratching my head, more than likely.
I had the same question, considering Trump wants to use the military in ground warfare in the Middle East and wants soldiers to kill the children of terrorists, a war crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections