Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 07:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Only in your fantasy world will the super delegates of the DEMOCRATIC party take the nomination away from the DEMOCRATIC frontrunner and give it to a candidate who isn't even a member of their party and who is, instead, in the process of trying to rip the party apart. You are dreaming if you believe otherwise.
Unfortunately that is probably true as the trial balloon has already been floated.

Hillary has far, far, far more at stake in California than just delegates. Here is a prediction. If Hillary loses California it will be obvious that she can not win in November. The indictments will fall. They will then once again ignore a large segment of their constituents and draft Biden.

Then we have a lot of fun at the convention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 07:12 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Unfortunately that is probably true as the trial balloon has already been floated.

Hillary has far, far, far more at stake in California than just delegates. Here is a prediction. If Hillary loses California it will be obvious that she can not win in November. The indictments will fall. They will then once again ignore a large segment of their constituents and draft Biden.

I agree. Logical thinking brought me to that conclusion too. If it looks like Hillary can't take the General, they'll throw her under the bus. I think it is obvious to all but the Clinton delusional that there is more than enough to hang Hillary out to dry. I do wonder if they are in a position to say "This is what we have. This is what it means for you. You could drop out gracefully and save yourself and us a lot of trouble." I don't know if that is something that could be done, but it feels about right.

Sadly, I agree with their drafting Biden. I think that will assure a loss. In the same type scenario, I had/have no intention of voting for anyone other than Trump in the GOP. There is "right" and "wrong" and Bernie has earned the nomination. Hillary is a disgrace to her party and our country. Why the heck we would elect someone that has shown incompetence in a lesser position, although having worked in Federal Civil Service, I am familiar with "screw up, move up".

Old 06-05-2016, 07:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Democratic Convention will be Contested!
We'll see.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We'll see.

What is there to see? It will be contested unless Bernie drops out or Hillary is indicted on Federal charges.
  • Hillary will absolutely fail to win enough pledged delegates to keep it from being contested regardless of whether she wins California or not. Proportional allotment insures that.
  • She and Bernie will enter convention as equals.
It will be up to the Super Delegates to decide it. By definition, they are not bound by any vote.

(What a sham the DNC has become. i.e. A contested convention consisting of Crooked Hillary vs Bread Line Bernie.)

Old 06-05-2016, 07:27 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,602 times
Sanders doesn't have a prayer, he has nothing to offer. Elizabeth Warren send help.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/signatures are not allowed

Old 06-05-2016, 07:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Sanders doesn't have a prayer, he has nothing to offer. Elizabeth Warren send help.
Hmm. Don't you realize that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are closer allies than Warren/Clinton?

Old 06-05-2016, 07:32 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times
A two party system where both parties are in shambles, and outlying parties are still a joke.

Political coverage should be switched from CNN to Comedy Central.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Don't you realize that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are closer allies than Warren/Clinton?
I used to believe that. I no longer do.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Warren is closest ally with whatever she feels will best promote her.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Hillary/Obama was much closer than Hillary/Bernie.

President Obama did ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections