U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2008, 10:48 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,829,143 times
Reputation: 23216

Advertisements

I have heard it said that Obama has used drugs. What I have not heard is any explanation of why he used the drugs. This leaves me to believe that maybe he thinks this is just normal. I would like to hear him speak about this. I think our young people need to know that drugs are dangerous and will ruin their lives and not to hear that a political candidate used to do it and that is normal and all right.

I preach to my grandchildren that drugs are dangerous, even the most mild drugs. I have just seen too many people get into drugs and the drugs take over their lives. I think political candidates should denounce the use of drugs. I have heard many of his speeches, if you can call them that, and I have never heard him mention that he should never have been connected in any way to drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,233 posts, read 7,721,919 times
Reputation: 2623
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have heard it said that Obama has used drugs. What I have not heard is any explanation of why he used the drugs. This leaves me to believe that maybe he thinks this is just normal. I would like to hear him speak about this. I think our young people need to know that drugs are dangerous and will ruin their lives and not to hear that a political candidate used to do it and that is normal and all right.

I preach to my grandchildren that drugs are dangerous, even the most mild drugs. I have just seen too many people get into drugs and the drugs take over their lives. I think political candidates should denounce the use of drugs. I have heard many of his speeches, if you can call them that, and I have never heard him mention that he should never have been connected in any way to drugs.
Well then you haven't been paying attention. He talks about it whenever he is asked. HE WROTE ALL ABOUT IT IN HIS BOOK.

Obama speaks on past drug use - First Read - msnbc.com
FOXNews.com - Obama Discusses Past Drug Use With High Schoolers in New Hampshire - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Amazon.com: Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance: Books: Barack Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,272,154 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know, maybe you don't mind offering up your sons and daughters, not to mention the debt you, your children, your grandchildren, and your great-grandchildren will have to pay, to make Halliburton, Bush, and Co. even richer, but most of the rest of us DO mind....and it doesn't make us victims unless we lie down and take it. It DOES make that bunch unpatriotic thugs that SEEK to victimize us and counts on our remaining blind to their lies while they steal the last of our rights and destroy the last remaining shreds of our constitution.
That's precisely the kind of paranoia that Obama is exploiting and counting on to get elected. There may have been a time when the Republican party and the corporate fat cats walked arm in arm. But that day has long passed. Today the corporate fat cats are more likely to be Democrats and the record of their giving to political candidates and left wing causes proves that. If you look at who the millionaires are in Congress you'll find the majority are Democrats. They talk a good game about the common man but they live their lives like the country club set they are. When Bill Clinton came to Washington he let it be known that his administration was for sale to the highest bidder and the money began rolling in. Perhaps you've forgotten the brown paper bags full of cash being delivered to the White House. Recently Hillary admitted she lent her campaign 5 million dollars--this from people who had lived off the government dole all their lives and never even owned a home until one was given to them at Chapaqua by fat cat Terry McAuliffe. All of a sudden they're rolling in dough. Where did that money come from and who's expecting to be repaid if and when she becomes president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,692,471 times
Reputation: 1504
What's the difference between Obama and Milli Vanilli? Obama still has a Grammy.

Pajamas Media: What Barack Obama and Milli Vanilli Have in Common

Quote:
Unlike Milli Vanilli’s Morvan and Pilatus, Barack Obama still has his Grammy. What he lacks are new ideas and substance that extends beyond his less-than-original campaign phrases.
I hope we have the audacity to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 01:37 PM
 
462 posts, read 730,918 times
Reputation: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
He just doesn't have any experience to run the country.

Well apprently that really doesn't matter. The current president had experience as a govenor and he has screwed up this county so bad it's almost beyond repair. This is the worst administration in the history of the united states, so in my opinion it can't really get very much worse. So why not give the reins over to a guy with fresh ideas and who has a history of working positively with republicans so that positive thing for this country can actually get done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
316 posts, read 539,563 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have heard it said that Obama has used drugs. What I have not heard is any explanation of why he used the drugs. This leaves me to believe that maybe he thinks this is just normal. I would like to hear him speak about this. I think our young people need to know that drugs are dangerous and will ruin their lives and not to hear that a political candidate used to do it and that is normal and all right.

I preach to my grandchildren that drugs are dangerous, even the most mild drugs. I have just seen too many people get into drugs and the drugs take over their lives. I think political candidates should denounce the use of drugs. I have heard many of his speeches, if you can call them that, and I have never heard him mention that he should never have been connected in any way to drugs.
Sorry - This post sounds rather "drugged" up- You trully sound like all the proffesional in this regard. Are you trained?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
316 posts, read 539,563 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama's hot air rhetoric is far from inspirational. It's a "load of hogwash" to use an old southern country term. A big lie to get elected. Obama is full of himself and full of hot air. I'm amazed so many are joining his cult.
He's the better liar!
OBAMA '08!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 PM
 
126 posts, read 251,187 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama's hot air rhetoric is far from inspirational. It's a "load of hogwash" to use an old southern country term. A big lie to get elected. Obama is full of himself and full of hot air. I'm amazed so many are joining his cult.
It's a done deal, BARACK will be our president, and he'beat Mcain by a large
margin, gone are the days when an ilitarate, alcoholic president ruins it for all
of us, the hispanics and asians are going to join the wagon at the general
election consolidating our current majority in the primaries, war against islam is
going to end, Barack will find common ground with Bin Laden, and we'll be safer, kkk will have to go under!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
 
440 posts, read 249,425 times
Reputation: 117
The fact that he has no experience, again neither did Bill Clinton. He is however a senator, a graduate of Harvard, a former attorney of the law firm of Sidley and Austin (one of the most prestigious firms in the country) and he has worked in the poverty stricken trenches in the ghettos of Chicago. As for his speaking style, I respectfully disagree with the poster who compared him to Jesse or Al, since both of them are nothing more than pimps on the payroll of LaRaza, corporate America and the US government. Both of those ignorant mouthpieces have done nothing more than profitted on a personal level and kept the racial divide alive in this country.

I am from the Chicago area, have been baptist my entire life and attended many baptist churches. While Obama is a dynamic speaker, I think it paints an inaccurate picture to compare his style of speaking to that of a baptist minister.

The only reason I will not vote for him is because he is a supporter of amnesty. He is intelligent enough and humble enough that unlike the current selected office holder, he will surround himself with those who have the expertise and experience to advise him. Obama has many powerful people supporting him behind the scenes. Two who come to mind are: Colin Powell and former national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski.

That being said, one thing is for certain he could never be as ignorant, arrogant, incompetent and worthless as the current moron known as the POTUS.

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 02-16-2008 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 AM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,272,154 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
The fact that he has no experience, again neither did Bill Clinton. He is however a senator, a graduate of Harvard, a former attorney of the law firm of Sidley and Austin (one of the most prestigious firms in the country) and he has worked in the poverty stricken trenches in the ghettos of Chicago. As for his speaking style, I respectfully disagree with the poster who compared him to Jesse or Al, since both of them are nothing more than pimps on the payroll of LaRaza, corporate America and the US government. Both of those ignorant mouthpieces have done nothing more than profitted on a personal level and kept the racial divide alive in this country.

I am from the Chicago area, have been baptist my entire life and attended many baptist churches. While Obama is a dynamic speaker, I think it paints an inaccurate picture to compare his style of speaking to that of a baptist minister.

The only reason I will not vote for him is because he is a supporter of amnesty. He is intelligent enough and humble enough that unlike the current selected office holder, he will surround himself with those who have the expertise and experience to advise him. Obama has many powerful people supporting him behind the scenes. Two who come to mind are: Colin Powell and former national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski.

That being said, one thing is for certain he could never be as ignorant, arrogant, incompetent and worthless as the current moron known as the POTUS.
Why don't you stop beating around the bush (so to speak) and tell us what you really feel about the current president!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top