Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 02:31 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Trump should sometimes just shut the h*** up. Between his thin skin and his accusations that he can't back, he needs to be coached like a teenager making a speech at a sports event.

He is in full public eye and he can't be making accusations without backing it, that makes him look like a vindictive teenage girl.
on this point we are in agreement.

( altho, from a historical point of view, it is fascinating to watch trump double-down on his comments )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 02:39 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I understand what Trump is sayings. Auditors and Judges should be independent. How would we know if Judge Curiel was offended by comments made by Trump concerning Mexicans? If Judge Curiel was offended he should remove himself from the case or he should do the RIGHT THING and remove himself to remove all doubt!
Geez, I'm offended by what trump said, and I'm not even hispanic, or, even worse Mexican!

If a judge were to remove him/herself form a case because they were offended by something the defendant said or did... there wouldn't be any judges left to hear any cases. Most fairly educated people understand and are able to separate their personal opinions from their work requirements. Even judges. If nobody could separate their personal opinions from their work, none of us would be able to do our jobs. Most people keep their personal opinions of those they come in contact with in their jobs to themselves, and try not to let it influence them.

Y'all who are piling the criticism on this judge should have been griping about the Supreme Court guy (sorry, can't recall the name) who just died. He was proud of his conservatism, was a member of lots of conservative groups, and talked about his views all the time. He could have been considered biased against a liberal plaintiff. But, no... he was a saint, right?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
This thread is a hoot.

54 pages and counting of Trumpies trying to spin TRUMP's bigotry in a positive light while everyone else shreds their bigoted nonsense to pieces.

I really think he's either completely lost his mind, or the theories that he never really wanted to be president are right, and he's deliberately trying to run his campaign into the ground.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:48 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
This thread is a hoot.

54 pages and counting of Trumpies trying to spin TRUMP's bigotry in a positive light while everyone else shreds their bigoted nonsense to pieces.

This will all help trump in the end. He knows what he is doing.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:50 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
This thread is a hoot.

I really think he's either completely lost his mind, or the theories that he never really wanted to be president are right, and he's deliberately trying to run his campaign into the ground.
Apparently, every good thing comes to an end... trump just posted on Facebook that what he said was misconstrued. The doubling down has come to its inevitable end, with trump saying he didn't way what he said. It was fun while it lasted.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:58 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Apparently, every good thing comes to an end... trump just posted on Facebook that what he said was misconstrued. The doubling down has come to its inevitable end, with trump saying he didn't way what he said. It was fun while it lasted.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said Trump backs down.

He said he will not discuss the lawsuit any more.

And, yes, he said his words were misconstrued.

"He's a Mexican"

"I'm building a wall"

I dare anyone with half a brain to 'misconstrue' these two statements.

I wonder if he's gone from orange to flaming red yet?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yes, it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Sorry Trump lovers, he's not going to double-down after all. Nothing he said about the judge being biased against him was true. I know you're disappointed, but he'll say something offensive before the weekend is out and you can start all over again.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:04 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Yes, it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Sorry Trump lovers, he's not going to double-down after all. Nothing he said about the judge being biased against him was true. I know you're disappointed, but he'll say something offensive before the weekend is out and you can start all over again.
Not to worry, over in the other thread the Trumpies are already saying he's not really backing down.

The comedy continues.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:22 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Not to worry, over in the other thread ....
that unfortunately just got deleted.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Trump should sometimes just shut the h*** up. Between his thin skin and his accusations that he can't back, he needs to be coached like a teenager making a speech at a sports event.

He is in full public eye and he can't be making accusations without backing it, that makes him look like a vindictive teenage girl.
Why the sudden change in stance? Throughout this thread you have insisted that bias was possible and you have defended ffdtrump's vindictive accusation, no matter how you've minced words. I guess you see the winds changing. Some of the worst posts I have ever had the misfortune to read.

'Bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections