Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
holy mackerel what the heck is wrong with you sheep?

RIP USA
Turn on some nice music, and have a cup of mint tea with a little honey. You'll feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Good for Hillary, this will mark a major election for me, this will be the first election in over 20 years where I didn't vote for a Democrat for president.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:57 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Hillary won the popular vote. It is that simple.

Bernie is getting destroyed in the Superdelegate count because he has only been a Democrat for 1 year where as Hillary has been one for 40 years.
Popular vote is meaningless when so many states dont vote, they caucus. Totally different setups, thats why not even the DNC believe it is meaningful, and that says alot.

The unelected delegates should NEVER announce who they support before the convention if the rationale for them is that party elders could overrule the people if something really bad happens to the nominee. Its unconscionable that they have been used from day 1, before Sanders even entered the race, to shape public opinion about Hillary's grand lead, discouraging people from voting and deceiving people.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Good for Hillary, this will mark a major election for me, this will be the first election in over 20 years where I didn't vote for a Democrat for president.
If you were planning on voting for Bernie Sanders, then it would have still been a year that you didnt vote for a Democrat.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I hope Burnie makes Hilary's life a living Heck!

Goes to show that the DNC has already picked Hilary. Establishment Politics at work!

Bernie and his supports really see Clinton for what she is Corrupt and not presidential material.

I keep seeing this type of comment. The voters picked Hillary Clinton.

Quote:
If you were planning on voting for Bernie Sanders, then it would have still been a year that you didnt vote for a Democrat.
That is true, though had he been the nominee, he would have been the nominee for the Democrat party and I would still be voting Democrat in this election.

Quote:
Keep shilling for Trump though. You are doing an excellent job. Mind blowing how many people who claim to support Hillary feel the need to actively campaign for Trump.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The voters pick based on money, media exposure and name recognition. The science is OVERWHELMING on this. Thats why most political scientists agree that the US is NOT a democracy, but a PLUTOCRACY, where the ordinary people have very little to no say in the political process.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh the DNC picked Hillary from the beginning, and then set the primary season up in a way to make sure she won, and succeeded. This is fairly common knowledge, even if she was running against anyone else other than Sanders, the results would have been the same. The DNC wanted Hillary, and they got her.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:06 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Oh the DNC picked Hillary from the beginning, and then set the primary season up in a way to make sure she won, and succeeded. This is fairly common knowledge, even if she was running against anyone else other than Sanders, the results would have been the same. The DNC wanted Hillary, and they got her.
A clear majority of democratic voters prefer her as the nominee, don't see what's the problem with her getting the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections