Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Hillary gives speech on income equality sporting a $600 haircut and $12,500 Armani Jacket.

Quite a rise for someone who claimed to be "broke" just a few years ago. Of course most Americans aren't in position to have private meetings with banksters for in return for $250,000.

But remember, she's just one of us. That bottle of hot sauce in her pocket book proves it.

Clinton Laments Income Inequality Wearing $12K Armani Jacket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 07:22 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary gives speech on income equality sporting a $600 haircut and $12,500 Armani Jacket.

Quite a rise for someone who claimed to be "broke" just a few years ago. Of course most Americans aren't in position to have private meetings with banksters for in return for $250,000.

But remember, she's just one of us. That bottle of hot sauce in her pocket book proves it.

The Clintons are such con artists and crooks, they actually make Trump look like a Boy Scout

Old 06-07-2016, 07:40 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
The struggle is real.

What's crazy is that she has so much extravagant stuff that it never really dawned on her...probably just a notch above average jacket for her.

And if the Clintons were "dead broke" leaving the White House - that's worse than anything Trump might say. That shows incredible fiscal irresponsibility given their salaries over the years.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Clothing designers often give or let high profile people borrow their clothing. Whose to say whether Clinton paid anything at all or was given a cut rate for the jacket.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:09 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Clothing designers often give or let high profile people borrow their clothing. Whose to say whether Clinton paid anything at all or was given a cut rate for the jacket.
Just the fact that she WEARS such stuff is enough for me to wonder about her values!
That much money would keep me in new clothes for several years!
Of course, IMO all politicians are wealthy. Some of them talk a lot about "income inequality", but I never see one of them spreading money around to the poor. Please, don't talk about their "charitable donations", they only do that for the tax deduction!

Old 06-07-2016, 08:11 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Hmm. I don't think it really matters if she was given a $12,500 jacket or she used money that was given to her for making promises to bankers that she won't talk about. The narrative is the same.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:13 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Just the fact that she WEARS such stuff is enough for me to wonder about her values!
That much money would keep me in new clothes for several years!
Of course, IMO all politicians are wealthy. Some of them talk a lot about "income inequality", but I never see one of them spreading money around to the poor. Please, don't talk about their "charitable donations", they only do that for the tax deduction!
There are better ways to help the poor than spreading money to the poor. I'm surprised that I have to explain that to a Republican.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I thought those Communist jackets she wears were all leftovers from the little Korean dude.

That man is a real trend setter.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Didn't we have the same sort of silliness last national election cycle?
All the people moaning about how much Ann Romney spent on clothes, blah, blah, blah...

I am constantly fascinated by this double-standard.
On the one hand, people believe that aspiration is good, that being a "self-made" millionaire is good, that being able to spend one's money however one wants is good and on the other hand, well, they don't believe any of that at all.

Anyone who complains about Clinton's clothes, lifestyle, etc. while supporting a man who lives in a gilded penthouse is clearly not to be taken seriously in any way, shape or form.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:24 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
When did Republicans begin hating on rich people? I thought rich people were hard workers and made good decisions and poor people didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections