Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:14 AM

13,291 posts, read 9,813,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Supposedly that "tells all" Secret Service book soon to be released describes another story where she catches Bill with a woman (not Monica) in the White House and she hauls off and belts him pretty hard in the jaw.

Imagine that if you are a Secret Service agent assigned to protect the first family and having to deal with a fully enraged Hillary Clinton.
Right, how dare a woman be angry and let it show. She should have saved her annoyances for her power knitting circle.

(Not that this particular little Kitty anecdote has any merit more than the other 500 fantasy posts she makes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:22 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,470,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Right, how dare a woman be angry and let it show. She should have saved her annoyances for her power knitting circle.
Meanwhile, Trump blasts his own campaign staff and calls them stupid on a power conference call.
But that's ok because he's a man.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM

37,737 posts, read 40,783,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Extremely proud of Hillary for being the first woman to be the presumptive and eventual nominee of a major political party. Was also moved by the people behind her which represent what America is and truly looks like in 2016.

By reaching out to all Americans in an inclusive way she separates herself in a major way from Donald Trump. Also indicated she knows how to and is willing to stand up to a bully - look out Donald.

Best line "To be great you can't be small". - which is what the Donald is.

Can't wait for her to move into the WH next January and enjoying the moment with my granddaughter!
Inclusive. I think not. She doesn't see her voters as Americans. She sees them as separate groups to be treated differently just like Obama only he waited until after he was elected.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:59 AM

4,931 posts, read 7,291,752 times
It is a great moment indeed. I was proud of my state, New Mexico, where Hillary and Bernie each got more votes than Trump yesterday. Both of them crushed Trump:

Clinton: 110,506
Sanders: 104,006
Trump: 73,747

Same happened in California, numbers not yet final.

While I don't agree with Hillary on every issue, I know she's not going to send us back to the 1950's where the majority of City-Data posters are apparently still living. I have been voting since 1981 and could never have imagined a candidate for President as stupid, bigoted, and unprepared as Donald Trump. But I give him credit for opening up the eyes of a large number of Americans to the dangers of his candidacy, and getting minorities to register in record numbers-- to defeat him and elect Hillary! This will be a boon for Democrats for years to come.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:06 AM

23,307 posts, read 16,991,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Extremely proud of Hillary for being the first woman to be the presumptive and eventual nominee of a major political party. Was also moved by the people behind her which represent what America is and truly looks like in 2016.

By reaching out to all Americans in an inclusive way she separates herself in a major way from Donald Trump. Also indicated she knows how to and is willing to stand up to a bully - look out Donald.

Best line "To be great you can't be small". - which is what the Donald is.

Can't wait for her to move into the WH next January and enjoying the moment with my granddaughter!
Like the last novelty election, the best representative of that demographic that made it a novelty was an extremely poor choice.

Too bad hillary is the first woman to be a prez contender...at least just for a while. Nothing to be proud of except her gender for legacy purposes.

If obama endorses her, she will be exonerated by the DOJ. If Obama doesn't endorse her she will be convicted.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:08 AM

39,793 posts, read 26,284,582 times
Well, if things look close come October, Donald can just "identify" as a woman. That will get him both the women's vote and the emo vote. I would bet he would still look better than Hillary in a 1980's pants suit.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:09 AM

13,291 posts, read 9,813,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Like the last novelty election, the best representative of that demographic that made it a novelty was an extremely poor choice.

Too bad hillary is the first woman to be a prez contender...at least just for a while. Nothing to be proud of except her gender for legacy purposes.

If obama endorses her, she will be exonerated by the DOJ. If Obama doesn't endorse her she will be convicted.
And this, fine people of CD (and Waldo) - is why the GOP will not win this election.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 AM

17,385 posts, read 11,890,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I thought it was a beautiful speech, and much belated! Wouldn't it be great if girls born in 2017 never knew a world without a woman president?
Actually, it would be a better world if girls knew a world where it didn't matter - where your qualifications, and NOT your gender, were the determining factor. Because voting for someone because they ARE a certain gender is no different than NOT voting for someone because they are a certain gender.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM

35,329 posts, read 20,692,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm sorry you believe this. I'm sorry you chose to ignore the millions of children's deaths she caused across the world and all the lies about NAFTA and the Columbian free trade agreement she has made to your face. I'm sorry you don't care about the terrorism she has helped funded and I'm sorry you don't care about her support for civilian bombings in Yemen, the Gaza strip, Sudan, Pakistan, and more.

oh-- Pres. Bush wars-- yea-

Old 06-08-2016, 11:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,152,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It is a great moment indeed. I was proud of my state, New Mexico, where Hillary and Bernie each got more votes than Trump yesterday. Both of them crushed Trump:

Clinton: 110,506
Sanders: 104,006
Trump: 73,747

Same happened in California, numbers not yet final.

While I don't agree with Hillary on every issue, I know she's not going to send us back to the 1950's where the majority of City-Data posters are apparently still living. I have been voting since 1981 and could never have imagined a candidate for President as stupid, bigoted, and unprepared as Donald Trump. But I give him credit for opening up the eyes of a large number of Americans to the dangers of his candidacy, and getting minorities to register in record numbers-- to defeat him and elect Hillary! This will be a boon for Democrats for years to come.
I agree with you. This morning on Joe, they compared the two speeches given last night. Trump's was full of "I, I, I" and "me, me, me". Hillary's was "we" and "us". Trump is all about himself, his businesses, his lawsuits--couldn't care less about the country or the Republican Party (quite evident this week).

Even the speech venues were striking in contrast. Trump hunkered down in his country club surrounded by beautiful people and designer clothes made in China, with a canned speech to a canned crowd, and Hillary in a Brooklyn naval yard with a packed crowd of real Americans with real emotion.

He's going to go negative and attack Bill Clinton and drag us back to the 90s. Nobody cares except his base--he'll turn off everyone else. She's going to talk about the economy, the country, families, kids, education, the future. As the GOP splits, I think the Dems will unite. Bernie supporters who hate her may drift off to Jill Stein, but Trump is not going to attract progressive millenials with his exclusionary nationalism, walls, and 50s vision of turning America into industrial cities full of manufacturers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections