Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:01 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times

Advertisements

Polls get it wrong. That happened in Michigan, in Bernie's favor. It happened again, this time it went in Hillary's favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 08:47 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,527,747 times
Clinton's margin may gain or lose a couple of points when all the mail-in ballots are counted. Counties have until July 5 to report final counts.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
because media called it before hand.. nothing but help from msm.. to be expected from corp shills

Old 06-08-2016, 09:27 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,701,274 times
Quote:
Why did Hillary Clinton do so much better in California than polls suggested?
Good question. Some possible reasons.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM

26,477 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's an easy answer. The media had already declared her the Dem nominee with more than enough delegates. In many people's minds, there was no longer any point in voting for Bernie and the primary became nothing more than a beauty contest for her (I know, hard to believe).
The vast majority of people will not vote for a candidate that has already been eliminated. Next question please....
Yes, the media tainted the election. The DNC itself says that you can't count superdelegates for determining a presumptive nominee until they vote, but the media fix was in.

Think about how much the superdelegates helped Hillary.

-15% of all delegates are superdelegates.
-96% of superdelegates flooded to Hillary early on.
-Media talks about her massive lead in delegates before a single state voted.
-Narrative pushes many to Hillary.
-Before California and the final states vote, declare Hillary the winner the day beforehand, even though official rules oppose it.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:52 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,843,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Because AP called the election for Hillary on a Day that nobody even voted.

It depressed the turnout for Bernie.

These kinds of dirty tricks won't work in the general election.

I think AP should be fined for reporting that and some should be fired!
However, I did not really think the CORPORATE OWNED system would allow Clinton
to lose! Neither will they allow Trump to win. Clinton is their HO!

The CORPORATE-Ho-Benghazi -B***H will not get Sander's supporters,
because she is everything we hate in politics, plus some are not forgetting that the email scandal is covering up Benghazi!!!!!!

I'm also hoping that Bernie goes all the way and that you are proven right!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 06-09-2016 at 05:02 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 07:18 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I give the credit to Clinton's campaign staff for the big win in California.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lls-suggested/
As has been pointed out in other threads, 'polling' has changed significantly in the past decade, with many polling organizations essentially using the same method developed by George Gallop back in the 1930s.

Here is a brief article about the challenges:

Why You Shouldn't Read Too Much Into Primary Polls

I will also note that the Gallop organization has, at least for this election cycle, given up trying to conduct such polls (primary and presidential), since they recognize the problem in trying to make accurate predictions.

Of course, polling has always had problems, even back in the 'old days' when everyone had land lines. One of the most famous was the 'surprise' win of Harry S Truman, with the famed photograph of his holding up a newspaper, published the morning after the election, declaring "Dewey Wins".

It is, at least, something to keep in the back of one's mind as we are subjected to dozens of threads totting dozens of polls showing "Trump Surging" or "Clinton Surging" , depending on the whom the poster desires to see in office.

What is the old saying? The proof of the pudding is in the eating?

Old 06-09-2016, 07:31 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,691,289 times
California primary is turning into a mess. I am like can we be done with this Primary. Supposedly 1,000,000 votes unaccounted for and some lawsuit/recount going on. Even if Sanders wins California will still be behind in delegates.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:31 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,194,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If Bernie supporters couldn't be bothered to vote, that's on them, not the media reporting Hillary had enough delegates the day before. There were still important races, particularly the Senate race, that are crucial to getting a progressive agenda enacted. I guess that was less important to them than some bird landing on a podium. It's not like actually getting things passed matters, right?
Actually, the senate primary wasn't that important ... the two top vote getters in the Cali non-partisan primary for US Senate were well ahead of their Republican rivals in the polls and both are Democratic women: one black and the other Latino. Barbara Boxer's Senate seat is going to one of them as no Republican will be on the ballot. The top Republican vote getter in the primary got only 20% as many votes as the winning Democrat did and less than 45% of what the second place Democrat got.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:10 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I think AP should be fined for reporting that and some should be fired!
However, I did not really think the CORPORATE OWNED system would allow Clinton
to lose! Neither will they allow Trump to win. Clinton is their HO!

The CORPORATE-Ho-Benghazi -B***H will not get Sander's supporters,
because she is everything we hate in politics, plus some are not forgetting that the email scandal is covering up Benghazi!!!!!!

I'm also hoping that Bernie goes all the way and that you are proven right!
You forgot to mention the fact that her birth certificate is phony and she was really born in Kenya.

Last edited by mohawkx; 06-09-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections