Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 12:46 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Please explain how trump is racist, in detail.
For the long followers of Trump’s career, however, none of these incendiary remarks are especially surprising. Trump has a long record as a provocateur on matters of race and ethnicity.

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows - Fortune

O’Donnell quoted Trump saying,“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

O’Donnell’s report was shocking, but Trump did not contest it at the time. In 1997 he was interviewed for Playboy by author Mark Bowden and he confirmed that the O’Donnell book was “probably true.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 01:05 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
For the long followers of Trump’s career, however, none of these incendiary remarks are especially surprising. Trump has a long record as a provocateur on matters of race and ethnicity.

Is Donald Trump a Racist? Here's What His Record Shows - Fortune

O’Donnell quoted Trump saying,“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

O’Donnell’s report was shocking, but Trump did not contest it at the time. In 1997 he was interviewed for Playboy by author Mark Bowden and he confirmed that the O’Donnell book was “probably true.”
He is racist because he doesn't want black people counting his money and he said they are lazy?

Old 06-10-2016, 01:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Of the total votes cast in the GOP primaries, Donald earned less than 50% of the votes, so no, it has not been made abundantly clear that the members of the GOP want a racist orange buffoon as the titular head of the GOP.
Too bad. He won more than enough delegates to get the nomination.

If the Republican leadership didn't want that to happen, they should have changed the rules before the primaries took place.

He also won way more than any other candidate.

If Trump got less than half of all Republican votes, the other candidates got WAY less than half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Ha ha ha......Trump got more votes in the primaries than anyone in the history of Republicans.
Exactly. Voter turn out was way up this year, so Trump got a huge number of votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The American voter? You mean the Republican voter. Let me ask you - if a con man convinced your grandma to mortgage her house and cash in her life's saving to "invest" in his shyster scheme, would you shrug and say .. oh well, grandma can do what she wants? I wouldn't. I'd get a power of attorney and fight that con man. That's what we have with the Republicans and Trump.
So people's votes don't matter to you unless you agree with them.

That's certainly the attitude of the Republican leadership today: "We don't care what our voters say."

They should have been smart like the Democrat leaders who also didn't care what their voters said and rigged the system so that Hillary would win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Of course not, he's no Republican at all. He's a pathetic RINO fraud. He's attracting Democrats because he was a liberal funding Democrat who voted for, funded and helped keep in power the worst liberal Democrats for decades. They like their own, pathetic.
The Republican Party has been RINO -- funding Obamacare, amnesty for illegals, refusing to pass Kate's law, wanting the middle class to lose jobs to globalization and mass immigration. They've been just like the Democrats who have supported the same things.

The fact is, neither party has supported the working and middle class for the last 30 years at least.

If you're an illegal alien, living on welfare, or in the top 5%, you should be happy with the way things have been. Nobody else should be.

Quote:
He is racist because he doesn't want black people counting his money and he said they are lazy?
Trump is no more of a racist than Democrat and Republican politicians who support racial preferences that discriminate against whites.

At least Trump's racism isn't a government policy.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:38 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Just scanning CNN and saw the headline that more Reps are turning on Trump. Stupid. The American voter over the last several months have made it abundantly clear that they are sick and tired of the lazy, do nothing republicans. So if idiots like Kisach and Lindsay Ghram think anyone gives a rats azz they they dont like Trump, then they really need to get out of government.
You people seem to forget that Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party... If you or Trump don't like Republicans, then start your own political party and run for POTUS within that party.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You people seem to forget that Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party... If you or Trump don't like Republicans, then start your own political party and run for POTUS within that party.
Why should we, when it's so much fun watching Trump bi-tch-slap the cowardly, sold-out, RINO, globalist, illegal immigrant-loving, job-offshoring, bowing-down-to-Obama-because-not-doing-so-would-be-racist" Republican Party "leadership"?

Trump is like the little boy pointing out that the Emperor wears no clothes. And Republican voters are loving it!

In the meantime, the Democrat sheeple are falling into line behind Hagillary.

Bernie has already made it very clear -- since his meeting in the White House with the Obama, the Boy King -- that he never meant what he said, and that Hillary is The One.

How does it feel, Bernie supporters.....knowing that you've been played by your "hero"?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:30 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Please explain how trump is racist, in detail.
I just think he is race-baiting himself rather than racist. Race-baiting is the act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce while racist is believing a race is superior to another race. I don't know if Trump is racist but he has said racist things time and time again this election cycle as well as sexist comments and a lot of his supporters are saying it is just anti-PC. But remember the key thing with the right to free speech is that there is a limit to free speech. Always has been. You can't just say fire in a crowded area without causing problems (even if there is one though that is fine)m'kay as you can't go around saying the f-word for every other word. I mean does any black/African-American deserve to be called n*****, or does any Hispanic deserve to be called s*** or does a Middle Eastern being called sand-n*****, or what about gays being called f*****? Just because you have the right to free speech, don't mean you should use it, you have to know what can be said can take things to the next level. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, I'm looking at you.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,134,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Of course not, he's no Republican at all. He's a pathetic RINO fraud. He's attracting Democrats because he was a liberal funding Democrat who voted for, funded and helped keep in power the worst liberal Democrats for decades. They like their own, pathetic.
BS, the only Dems he's attracting are down-n-out white guys. I'm frankly shocked that Trump isn't being fully embraced by the GOP.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:49 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Republicans aren't popular with Hillary's base, so highlighting he's not one of 'them' only helps him. Trump is not your typical Republican, that is why he is attracting Democrats and independents.
Except he isn't. That myth has been shattered by the data several times. Independents are also mostly partisan. They either lean one way or the other. True independents are very very rare and they always back the person that leads in the polls.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
My guess is this is temporary. Unless he makes another massive bumble like that the GOP will turn back to backing him fully. It's the sad nature of modern politics though. Where parties support the candidate no matter what because they at least don't come from the other party.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:52 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You are conflating delegate count with popular vote. Popular vote is the implication of your original post.
What was Cruz's popular vote count? I rest my case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections