Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:02 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

It is not only Republican voters Trump is losing. He's losing party support. This is not good. People can say it doesn't matter, sending a message, establishment sucks, yada yada, but it matters a lot in the general election.

Party loyalists and GOP delegates are actively seeking to dump him at the convention. This display of non-unity and division will weaken support for Trump and some of these people will vote Democratic rather than watch the party sink under Trump. Some angry white voters are just not enough to carry Trump.

In fact, people who know him very well are opining that they think he may just pick up and leave the race, the reason being his inability to deal with being criticized day in and day out. And it is not only his personal ego issues, but the Brand. The Trump Brand means everything to this guy (evident by this whole Trump U mess). He's been willing to lose support, look weak and childish and have a campaign in disarray simply to try to save the Brand. He does not want the Brand to ever be associated with being a loser, and that is more important to him than all of the angry voters he has strung along or making America whatever again.

“….Trump's continued descent into madness is dragging the GOP down with him,” said a Florida Republican, who like all respondents, completed the survey anonymously. “A convention switchup would be great politics and save the GOP…”

4-in-10 GOP insiders want to derail Trump at the convention - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 11:07 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Problem is, the so called "facts" you keep trying to shove down our throats are irrelevant. You keep bringing up that Trump is a racist against Messicans..Mexican is not a race BTW..

You libs keep bringing up things that you find shocking, but in reality has no bearing on being President. Tell me, what has Trump said or done that Hillary, Obama, Bush, or Clinton hasn't done a dozen times over? Obama (in my opinion) has shown overt hatred of white people, mostly the British and Jews, Hillary made disparraging anti-semetic remarks, Sharpton, who is good friends with Obams, is on record with anti-white, anti-Jew, and anti-gay remarks. I dont recall any liberal here condeming it in any way. I barely hear any GOP elite offer anything other than a limp wristed response, yet they have plenty to say about Trump. Screw them

Trump is showing us that, yes, he is flawed, but on the other hand seems genuine in his wish to help America.
No bearing on being president - Are you Kidding Me?

Let me school you - ELOrocks - Presidents and Leaders whether you agree with it or not, are held to a Higher standard and can not be loud mouth, insulting, boorish, racist, and bullies. He is all of this and more, which is why other than his loyalist kool aid drinkers, he won't get nearly enough votes to get even a sniff of the WH.

If he's lucky he'll be able to limp back to NY and attempt to restore what's left of his tattered reputation. He sure won't be able to claim "All I Do Is Win" anymore.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:21 AM

736 posts, read 353,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You people seem to forget that Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party... If you or Trump don't like Republicans, then start your own political party and run for POTUS within that party.

You seem to forget that political parties change. If you don't like what Republican party has become, then you and similar minded politicians can leave and form your own party.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:26 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You people seem to forget that Trump is running in the REPUBLICAN party... If you or Trump don't like Republicans, then start your own political party and run for POTUS within that party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
You seem to forget that political parties change. If you don't like what Republican party has become, then you and similar minded politicians can leave and form your own party.
Either way is fine with me. Split that baby up!

Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You claim to have read the article. The headline was: "Can White Working Class Voters Carry Donald Trump to White House?" It was the subject of the article. Next time try reading for comprehension.
I see that your race-baiting has hindered your reading comprehension. I'll make it easy for you, here's the jist of the article that I posted;

Again, that’s not impossible. It’s improbable, but many pundits figured that Trump’s nomination victory was anywhere from unlikely to unthinkable. In this election campaign the unforeseen has already occurred. It could happen again.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Problem is, the so called "facts" you keep trying to shove down our throats are irrelevant. You keep bringing up that Trump is a racist against Messicans..Mexican is not a race BTW..

You libs keep bringing up things that you find shocking, but in reality has no bearing on being President. Tell me, what has Trump said or done that Hillary, Obama, Bush, or Clinton hasn't done a dozen times over? Obama (in my opinion) has shown overt hatred of white people, mostly the British and Jews, Hillary made disparraging anti-semetic remarks, Sharpton, who is good friends with Obams, is on record with anti-white, anti-Jew, and anti-gay remarks. I dont recall any liberal here condeming it in any way. I barely hear any GOP elite offer anything other than a limp wristed response, yet they have plenty to say about Trump. Screw them

Trump is showing us that, yes, he is flawed, but on the other hand seems genuine in his wish to help America.
This link proves your point about Hillary.

Bill de Blasio slammed after he says he endorsed Hillary Clinton late because he was on 'C.P. time' | Daily Mail Online

Can you imagine the jokes she that makes in private about white people?

Old 06-10-2016, 11:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No bearing on being president - Are you Kidding Me?

Let me school you - ELOrocks - Presidents and Leaders whether you agree with it or not, are held to a Higher standard and can not be loud mouth, insulting, boorish, racist, and bullies. He is all of this and more, which is why other than his loyalist kool aid drinkers, he won't get nearly enough votes to get even a sniff of the WH.

If he's lucky he'll be able to limp back to NY and attempt to restore what's left of his tattered reputation. He sure won't be able to claim "All I Do Is Win" anymore.

Sadly, What we consider "Presidential" has drastically changed since about 1992. The Clintons behaviour was disgraceful in the extreme. Obamas? Do I even need to go there? And you have accepted it hook, line, and sinker as being "Presidential" So how can you now, all the sudden claim moral outrage because Trump is outspoken? Even though I am loathe to bring up the old "well they did it too" mantra, I think it applies

Old 06-10-2016, 11:41 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I see that your race-baiting has hindered your reading comprehension. I'll make it easy for you, here's the jist of the article that I posted;

Again, that’s not impossible. It’s improbable, but many pundits figured that Trump’s nomination victory was anywhere from unlikely to unthinkable. In this election campaign the unforeseen has already occurred. It could happen again.
No, that's the conclusion of the article. Here is the working thesis on which the article is based: "Can working-class whites carry Donald Trump all the way to the White House?" The article is exploring whether or not one single demographic--the white working class--will be enough to carry Trump to the White House. It's stated right at the beginning of the article. You would have to be willfully ignorant not to notice it.

But in case you did, here is the nut paragraph: "Yet if working class whites are the star performers of the Trump coalition, they are performers whose political presence is ebbing."

Then the authors go on to conclude that despite that reality, of course anything is possible, however unlikely.

I know you would like to pretend the article doesn't deal with race, but all your lame attempts are contradicted directly in the article itself.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is not only Republican voters Trump is losing. He's losing party support. This is not good. People can say it doesn't matter, sending a message, establishment sucks, yada yada, but it matters a lot in the general election.

Party loyalists and GOP delegates are actively seeking to dump him at the convention. This display of non-unity and division will weaken support for Trump and some of these people will vote Democratic rather than watch the party sink under Trump. Some angry white voters are just not enough to carry Trump.

In fact, people who know him very well are opining that they think he may just pick up and leave the race, the reason being his inability to deal with being criticized day in and day out. And it is not only his personal ego issues, but the Brand. The Trump Brand means everything to this guy (evident by this whole Trump U mess). He's been willing to lose support, look weak and childish and have a campaign in disarray simply to try to save the Brand. He does not want the Brand to ever be associated with being a loser, and that is more important to him than all of the angry voters he has strung along or making America whatever again.

“….Trump's continued descent into madness is dragging the GOP down with him,” said a Florida Republican, who like all respondents, completed the survey anonymously. “A convention switchup would be great politics and save the GOP…”

4-in-10 GOP insiders want to derail Trump at the convention - POLITICO
So essentially what you are saying is it will be the end of the Republican party and being a democrat that upsets or concerns you. As a side issue "The Trump Brand" will be valued more when it is associated with quitting.
And the say liberals are stupid.
But where is the proof ?
Send in to clowns, don't bother their here.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Good point. Trump has really generated excitement, especially amongst whites, who may carry him over the top.

Can white working class voters carry Donald Trump to White House? - CSMonitor.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, that's the conclusion of the article. Here is the working thesis on which the article is based: "Can working-class whites carry Donald Trump all the way to the White House?" The article is exploring whether or not one single demographic--the white working class--will be enough to carry Trump to the White House. It's stated right at the beginning of the article. You would have to be willfully ignorant not to notice it.

But in case you did, here is the nut paragraph: "Yet if working class whites are the star performers of the Trump coalition, they are performers whose political presence is ebbing."

Then the authors go on to conclude that despite that reality, of course anything is possible, however unlikely.

I know you would like to pretend the article doesn't deal with race, but all your lame attempts are contradicted directly in the article itself.
My post states that whites "may" carry Trump over the top. The link directly supports my contention. Jeez, you do know that reading is fundamental?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections