Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 06:17 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable that that poster went here : "...put her on a reservation and let her do the time...". How dare he/she/it trivialize the Native American reservation experience. How dare he/she/it bash someone who believed, for whatever reason, that they had Native American heritage at the expense of Native Americans. I just can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Don't give me that "nice try" BS. Bottom line is that nobody was calling out people for being sexist for all of the absolute hate and slander tossed her way. I don't disagree that she had somewhat of a questionable background, but there was no excuse for how she was (still is) treated by the media. I'm not particularly a fan of hers, but the abuse she took was pretty bad and nobody got called out for being sexist over it. Its a very glaring double standard.
The abuse? Please. She wants to be VP but belongs to a group that wants to secede? She almost financially destroys a town as mayor? A tiny town of 5000?! She apparently doesn't even read newspapers? When the GOP admits they didn't know any of this because they didn't even vet her, that's on them.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:26 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Don't give me that "nice try" BS. Bottom line is that nobody was calling out people for being sexist for all of the absolute hate and slander tossed her way. I don't disagree that she had somewhat of a questionable background, but there was no excuse for how she was (still is) treated by the media. I'm not particularly a fan of hers, but the abuse she took was pretty bad and nobody got called out for being sexist over it. Its a very glaring double standard.
Oh, please. It's nothing compared to what palin (continues to) spew.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:30 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The abuse? Please. She wants to be VP but belongs to a group that wants to secede? She almost financially destroys a town as mayor? A tiny town of 5000?! She apparently doesn't even read newspapers? When the GOP admits they didn't know any of this because they didn't even vet her, that's on them.
Abuse, yes. She was verbally abused and humiliated as was her family. I'm not saying other female candidates have not experienced the same, but you see the point here is that nobody was called out as sexist for doing it to Palin who you can paint as "stupid" or whatever you want that may have some merit, but for those that are VERY opposed to Clinton because she is under FBI investigation and notoriously just a liar, or opposed to Warren because of her extreme political views or because she lied about her ethnicity, why are those people now suddenly sexist just because they don't like or respect your candidate. It has nothing to do with their sex, but everything to do with their credibility, honesty, and trustworthiness yet NOTHING to do with their sex and you know it. I'll go on record saying that again, yes there ARE definitely sexist and racist people out there that dislike these candidates, but they are a much smaller percentage of the people that just don't like them for very legitimate reasons.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Oh, please. It's nothing compared to what palin (continues to) spew.
Again, explain how not liking Palin isnt sexist while not liking Clinton or Warren IS sexist. Its an incredibly weak and dishonest argument.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Does she actually support Clinton, or just actively hate Trump?

She waited so long to endorse her, yet I really don't hear many firm convictions from her about why Hillary is great for the job. Its really all been just a bunch of rhetoric about how she feels about Trump.
Warren =Attack dog for Hillary.. Hillary just barks..

Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Abuse, yes. She was verbally abused and humiliated as was her family. I'm not saying other female candidates have not experienced the same, but you see the point here is that nobody was called out as sexist for doing it to Palin who you can paint as "stupid" or whatever you want that may have some merit, but for those that are VERY opposed to Clinton because she is under FBI investigation and notoriously just a liar, or opposed to Warren because of her extreme political views or because she lied about her ethnicity, why are those people now suddenly sexist just because they don't like or respect your candidate. It has nothing to do with their sex, but everything to do with their credibility, honesty, and trustworthiness yet NOTHING to do with their sex and you know it. I'll go on record saying that again, yes there ARE definitely sexist and racist people out there that dislike these candidates, but they are a much smaller percentage of the people that just don't like them for very legitimate reasons.
Elizabeth Warren didn't lie about her ethnicity and you know it. Her parents raised her and her siblings telling them about their Native American heritage. She gained nothing from it and you cannot prove otherwise. She contributed recipes to a Native American cookbook 30 years ago. It's ridiculous.

Hillary has been investigated by Republicans for seven years over Whitewater and they found nothing.
They were investigated for their Christmas card list where they found nothing.
They have had seven Benghazi hearing so far and found nothing. Even members of the committee admit it is politically motivated. And the email reports so far say what she has done is similar to what previous Secretaries of State have done and security needs to be tighter. For all these attacks, where's the actual charges? It's all taxpayer funded boondoggles. Republicans have been obsessed with Hillary since she tried to pass health care in 1992.

As for Sarah Palin, she and her family have to live with being who they are, whether it's drunken parties, multiple unwed pregnancies, hitting girlfriends, using RNC money for shopping sprees, using her office for family retribution or apparently something about windows from a government building appearing in her house? I don't know, I can't speak for Sarah Palin, she and her family are what they are.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Elizabeth Warren didn't lie about her ethnicity and you know it. Her parents raised her and her siblings telling them about their Native American heritage. She gained nothing from it and you cannot prove otherwise. She contributed recipes to a Native American cookbook 30 years ago. It's ridiculous.

Hillary has been investigated by Republicans for seven years over Whitewater and they found nothing.
They were investigated for their Christmas card list where they found nothing.
They have had seven Benghazi hearing so far and found nothing. Even members of the committee admit it is politically motivated. And the email reports so far say what she has done is similar to what previous Secretaries of State have done and security needs to be tighter. For all these attacks, where's the actual charges? It's all taxpayer funded boondoggles. Republicans have been obsessed with Hillary since she tried to pass health care in 1992.

As for Sarah Palin, she and her family have to live with being who they are, whether it's drunken parties, multiple unwed pregnancies, hitting girlfriends, using RNC money for shopping sprees, using her office for family retribution or apparently something about windows from a government building appearing in her house? I don't know, I can't speak for Sarah Palin, she and her family are what they are.
SO again, ALL three of these women have very questionable backgrounds, you happen to make excuses for (and ignore the email thing, and now the whole new pay for play issue) the Democratic ones, and you judge the lives of the Republican ones. Somewhere in there though other people are sexist for their views, and you are in the clear because you side with one group politically. No further explanation needed, you are making the double standard very clear.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Again, explain how not liking Palin isnt sexist while not liking Clinton or Warren IS sexist. Its an incredibly weak and dishonest argument.
Dishonest? How so? You have to like all women politicians or you can't like any? There is absolutely no logic to that statement. Nobody is accusing anyone of being sexist because they don't like Clinton or Warren. I'm not sure where that even came from.

People didn't like Palin because she proved herself to be totally unqualified for the job, as well as unlikeable. Steve Schmidt presented her to McCain without vetting her. Big mistake.

Nicole Wallace quit the McCain campaign because she could not work with Palin, who was argumentative, self-absorbed, difficult, dense and did not have the patience or discipline to learn anything. Nicole Wallace is a very nice smart credible person--I believe her.

Sarah Palin is full-on nuts and not particularly bright. The only reason most intelligent people politely tiptoe around that, rather than come right out and say that she is certifiably crazy, is because it is not politically correct to say so. And liberals are so politically correct.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
SO again, ALL three of these women have very questionable backgrounds, you happen to make excuses for (and ignore the email thing, and now the whole new pay for play issue) the Democratic ones, and you judge the lives of the Republican ones. Somewhere in there though other people are sexist for their views, and you are in the clear because you side with one group politically. No further explanation needed, you are making the double standard very clear.
What has Elizabeth Warren done? She got several degrees, she did ground breaking research on debt resulting in bankruptcy legislation, taught as a professor at several universities and wrote many books before being elected the Senator from Massachusetts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections