U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:02 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,339,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Fed and Bernanke is just a PUPPET of Bush and they are desparate to out off the day of doom until after January of 2009 so that people will blame hyper inflation and a stagnant economy on the next administration that will probably be Democratic. Whether it is Hillary or Obama, they should go to Congress and abolish the Fed all together and appoint a new "Board of Currency" in its place which would consist of 50 members appointed 1 from each state and a President of Currency appointed by the President of the United States. Our economy is too important to place in the hands of one man.
I think you should run for office!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,290,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Fed and Bernanke is just a PUPPET of Bush and they are desparate to out off the day of doom until after January of 2009 so that people will blame hyper inflation and a stagnant economy on the next administration that will probably be Democratic.
Yeah, well, good luck on that idea. The economy appears to be collapsing much faster than anyone thought possible. Here is a good editorial I read yesterday:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/op...ml?ref=opinion

Old 02-16-2008, 03:44 PM

462 posts, read 730,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I caving, I am voting for the lesser of the 3 doofs because if we dont have someone who is capable of protecting us then we have nothing at all.
That is the Presidents number one job, protect us.
The latter 2 doofs couldnt protect a kids at a school crossing.

really!! How did the current doof do at protecting america. Has everybody forgot about 911. Bush was warned about terroist cells at flight schools around the country in August of 2001. And did nothing about it. So maybe you shouldn't be so quick to annoint John McCain the better daddy of America.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:50 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,906,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
really!! How did the current doof do at protecting america. Has everybody forgot about 911. Bush was warned about terroist cells at flight schools around the country in August of 2001. And did nothing about it. So maybe you shouldn't be so quick to annoint John McCain the better daddy of America.
Thanks for the laugh.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:58 PM

462 posts, read 730,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
Your brain must trigger laughter when your being close minded.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:25 PM

526 posts, read 1,288,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTS Mom View Post
Oh, I seriously doubt more than a handful of republicans will vote for a Democrat and it really doesn't matter which one of them end up with the nomination.
Not true -- The Republican nomination is basically settled - our votes are irrevelvant in the our own primary so why not vote where it can make a difference?

In Ohio we have to register our party affiliation but I don't think it is too difficult to change at the polls so I wouldn't be surprised to see a good turnout for Obama. Most Republicans cannot stand the thought of a third Clinton term and would vote for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections