Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 05:15 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,015,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
This one popped up today.

Donald Trump Desperately Looks For An Exit Strategy

Yes, Trumpies, I know its HuffPo. Again, its opinion, so don't get your knickers in a bunch!

I believe exactly what Georges Ugeux is saying. Trump has a mental disorder and has every one of the characteristics of NPD. Who knows for sure if he'll remove himself before the convention. We know how he claims he always wins. If he sees declining poll numbers and knows he's going to lose in November, he may just remove himself and blame it on being a victim of the system. All this ridiculousness he's been espousing is just a calculated lead-in to removing himself from the race as he really does not want to actually BE president. He's accomplished making a prominent mark in history and will be remembered for decades to come for this stunt and that's exactly what he wanted ...and if he can save face by withdrawing before losing, all the better.

I'm also confident that he's relishing in the accomplishment of being able to cajole the millions and millions of his followers into loving and admiring him as they buy into all the crap he's spewing. That's a huge ego booster for him. He'd be a great cult leader --like some argue he's been doing for the past year-- as he also displays many of the characteristics of the pathological cult leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
I'll make you a deal. If you vote for Trump this election, I will vote for the next two democratic presidential nominees.
Sorry, no. I have yet to sell my soul to the devil, and I won't do it for something that cheap. It would have to be something really good. Besides, I don't think trump will get elected, so would rather waste my vote on somebody else.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:31 PM

12,000 posts, read 12,846,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Yeah, I hear you, but we've been run by lawyers and politicians for decades, too. We see the results.
Yes, with the influence/control of businessmen.

We need Doctors/Engineers IMO-like Dr. Jill Stein.

Trump will get bored of the mundane day-to-day requirements of the job after a few weeks. We've already had the first Pope "quit"; I could see Trump doing the same.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:58 PM

15,963 posts, read 10,526,043 times
Does TRUMP Really Want to be President?

Who knows, for sure? I think he really didn't at first but now he does but only on his terms and in a way that feeds his ego. If, toward the end of the campaign, he sees that he can't win and that he will be soundly beaten by a woman I won't be surprised to see him find some reason to abdicate his candidacy. I'm seeing a few analysts raise this scenario over the last few days. Maybe its a real possibility or maybe just wishful thinking or a bunch of folks talking among themselves in an anti-Trump bubble. Lord knows, there's lots of folks living in bubbles, these days on all sides.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,346,301 times
I don't know but it is abundantly clear that he is not behaving in a way that indicates he is actually making a serious effort to win the election.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:11 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,917,720 times
Of course Trump wants to be president but his ego is getting in his way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections