Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
That is what the Democrats and liberals said about Obama's race. The media insinuated that anyone who voted against Obama was racist.
I know I remember that. And during almost all of 2011 and most of 2012 I dated a wonderful African-American woman whom I loved and thought I would marry. Yet I didn't agree with Obama so I must have been a racist...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 10:46 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Did I ever say that Hispanics and women, HAD to be against Trump. No. Nobody has said that.

I never said Hispanics and woman had to be against Trump.

So replacing "meat puppets" with the puppeteer is a good idea?

What are you yammering about?

I never said that Hillary wouldn't cave. I don't trust her, but I trust Trump less as you'll see in a future part

Whatever.

Do we trust Trump on the economy?

I do.

You do realize that your boy is one of those that use H1-B visa workers rather than paying the hard working Americans in the middle class that by your own words continue to suffer because of corrupt politicans that don't do anything to make life better? You expect that someone who plays the game will simply just stop and change it despite benefitting from the labor practice while in the private sector? FYI, I am using several sources for this including those that mention his benefit of it, his political stance and a few that mention he has "softened" on his end to the program. Please give me an answer that is better than "Oh he's just playing the game because the system is rigged." Let's face it, higher costs aren't always a problem in business, it is about branding.

Trump uses workers with H-1B visa, but slams it | News Today
Donald Trump Is an H2B-Visa Hypocrite | RedState
Trump Slams Visa Program He Uses 'as a Businessman'
Trump softens H1B-visa policy during GOP debate | Fox News
Trump Clarifies Position On Foreign Worker Visas After Debate
Donald Trump's flip-flop over H1B visa lands him in controversy - The Economic Times

Trump has used the H2 guest worker visa. You do realize that most Americans don't want seasonal work, rather they want year round work. Trump is already working with Jeff Sessions on H1-B visa reform. What is Hillary doing? She isn't going to do a darn thing.

Nice ad hom. I take it I got to you because you had to throw in a jab at me.

You call it an "ad hom" but you do seem to not be interested in looking at things objectively.

So tell me, if the rich create jobs, then why did job creation go down in May for the first time in several years with only 38K jobs created (source: Unemployment Falls to 8-Year Low as People Leave the Workforce - Market Realist) YET the executives who create these jobs earn 4.3% more from year to year (source: CEO pay in 2015: When a $468,449 raise is typical). Care to explain why we see a lot of low wage jobs created while executives make oh 200 times more, the average wage of job they add?

So job creation is down in May. And? Do you even know that job creation isn't a constant thing with the numbers being the same month after month? Yes, CEOs are overpaid. What else is new? Would you rather that companies not create jobs? And speaking of new jobs, since you seem to like to google, most new jobs are going to legal and illegal immigrants instead of Americans.

Why do you say that, Trump is very thin-skinned and ready to start Twitter wars with those who disagree.

So, what should Trump do when he is attacked? Oh, I know! You think he should sit back and take it each and every time. I think he knows how to choose his battles. He didn't become a billionaire without being able to do that.

No I hardly use Twitter and I am far too small of a person for Trump to attack personally, even if it is retaliatory for me trying to goad him into an attack to pull a "see, see" like gotcha journalism. My complaint isn't that, my complaint is Trump is so thin-skinned and attacks the media in a way we haven't seen since Nixon's fight with the Times over Vietnam.

There are times that the lamestream media deserves being attacked. They have become extremely biased towards the left. This has been going on for years. Where have you been? Those of us who get it are glad that Trump is holding the lamestream media's feet to the fire. It's about time someone did! Don't tell me you think the lamestream media is honest!

What does age have to do with knowing history. My father and I talk a LOT about politics and sports, and not just today but the past too. I bring up a lot of precedents in elections because that is expectations. If Trump is to win, it isn't likely to be a landslide, it will likely be a 2000 W. Bush victory (not the hanging chad but rather that it is a single state) but if he is to lose, he'll likely end up like McCain, if not Romney rather than a Goldwater beating like others mention.

I am not, that is what history books and watching documentaries are for. The Democrats tried to look out for the poor in the 1960's but that fell on deaf ears with the reactions from Goldwater Republicans blocking a number of Great Society proposals and the whole Nixon ad about McGovern welfare in the 1972 election that has turned into the rallying cry about tax payers paying for welfare. Before that the Taft wing of the Republicans during the "Me too" Republicans of the New Deal era led the fight against the type of Democrats you are talking about. What, a youngster knows their history? What is this world coming to?

Actually living through these times gives on a perspective that a history book can never give. For example, I can read about the great depression. I heard my parents' and grandparents' stories. Yet, I never lived it. They did.

I don't think there will be much jobs under Trump so this millennial cannot vote for Trump as well as all the other baggage I have spoke of. I live in a neighborhood and work at a school with some Hispanic people and I don't see the issues, yet I should as Arizona typically has all the headlines for all of the type of reasons Trump supporters throw up. Honestly, I can't say I know the last time the news spoke of human smuggling or border crossing, both were CONSTANT news just five/six years ago. So are there less, is the media not talking about this or is an actual decrease?
Really? When the wall gets built and illegals sent packing, jobs will open up for Americans. Again, the lamestream media doesn't like to talk about the negatives when it comes to illegal immigration. For example, when was the last time you saw in the lamestream media a photo of all the trash illegals dump on fragile desert ecosystems? I'm more than willing to give Trump a chance to see what he can accomplish.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 06-11-2016 at 10:55 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 10:52 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh good grief! Trump did NOT...repeat...did NOT say all illegal alien (not "undocumented", that's just a PC BS euphemism) Mexicans are "rapists". You know it, too, I suspect.

As for "criminals" what part of illegal don't you understand?

He said nothing untrue or racist about Hispanics. And guess what? Not all illegal aliens are Hispanics.

Enough already.

No, he didn't say "all", but instead he just generalized vaguely:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/

Old 06-11-2016, 10:59 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,463,318 times
Quote:
Oh good grief! Trump did NOT...repeat...did NOT say all illegal alien (not "undocumented", that's just a PC BS euphemism) Mexicans are "rapists". You know it, too, I suspect.

As for "criminals" what part of illegal don't you understand?

He said nothing untrue or racist about Hispanics. And guess what? Not all illegal aliens are Hispanics.

Enough already.
And many hispanics agree with trumps views, especially those who see the nonsense that's happening on the border:

"Nuestro amigo": In Donald Trump, some Latinos see a friend and ally - CBS News

I bet if many people who feel those crossing illegally over our border is a non-issue and we put those people on a ranch near our southern border/live near there for a year or two and step off their ivory tower/get away from their cul de sacs/stop listening to people who benefit exploiting illegal labor and stop falling for their sales tactic, they'd have views like the hispanics have in the article above who live by the border.

Quote:
I can't go into October (as I am set to receive a mail-in ballot just as I have done since 2013 for balloting) and just not vote. I care too much to not vote, nor have an opinion about who should be president. Voting in my dog, cat, Mickey Mouse, etc. is a waste and does the same damn "I don't care which person steps into the white house" response as not voting. It may as well be the same but in my mind I see a bit of a difference. That difference is that with a politican we MAY have a chance that the rich elite don't influence their views. Tell me how can I trust a rich elite trying to say they are for the American working man when they offer a tax policy that highly benefits the rich and has talked about softening their policy towards H1B visas?

I would have GLADDLY vote for Sanders. I can't if he isn't an option. My displeasure is with who is the Republican nominee (and that would have been the case except with Christie and maybe Kaisch.) Now I have to vote against them which by my past history should make it look like I would be a shoe-in for voting Republican. I voted McCain/Palin and then Romney/Ryan in my two elections that I could vote in. Oh and if I were old enough to vote in the Bush vs. Kerry election, I would have voted Bush. So yeah, my vote is one that is a swing of -2 to the Republicans should I vote Democrat.
You can write in sanders btw. If enough people like yourself write him in, you'd have something. If everyone has your view of "why bother voting for my first choice" like sanders and "I'll vote against a person I really hate but I'm ok with enabling someone else who's uber rich /bankrolled/funded/donored by huge money", well, then I think that's part of the problem we have in the nation as I think you missed the point I made earlier.....if you vote for any republican or democrat, you are in the heart of mega rich everything....candidates and donors.

So if you think not voting is a waste or writing in sanders, a dogs name etc is a waste, than you aren't true to your words and with all do respect, you are a hypocrite....saying you dislike the rich yet you say you will vote a person running under the other huge big uber money political party. So if I had your view, I think writing in sanders or a dogs name or whatever would validate your view and you'd "walk the walk". heck, you sound like maybe the green party would be more up your alley. But saying you're voting for the democrat instead/not thinking the money that's behind that party.....

Some insight on the money involved here and what you're enabling/what you say you don't like:

The $5 billion presidential campaign? | TheHill

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...paign-finance/

And if you vote "the democrat", you do realize if can be anyone running under that platform, ie it doesn't have to be hillary, you're still part of funding the uber rich/crazy billion dollar game here as huge money will be showered on who ever is running. Seems big time against your view.

As for "the rich"......if you are also against the mega rich, please get rid of all the luxuries you have in your house like electronics, your vehicles, all modern conveniences, get off facebook, etc because some super rich people took a lot of risk got you those products/services you have in your hands right now for some very reasonable prices. And create a bunch of jobs. Now if you tell me you live in the woods/middle of the desert with no luxuries whatsoever, don't rely on a bunch of rich people/corporations and the products they create, well, I'll give you credit....you are indeed walking the walk/sure don't need the "rich".

Last edited by stevek64; 06-11-2016 at 11:08 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 11:00 PM

22,445 posts, read 11,969,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, he didn't say "all", but instead he just generalized vaguely:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/
So, you do know what he actually said. There is nothing "racist" in that statement.

BTW, did you know that the Mexican government actually made a comic book that tells Mexicans how to sneak across the border? Here is one link. If you don't like it, there are others out there.

https://www.cfif.org/htdocs/legislat...al-booklet.htm

Old 06-11-2016, 11:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,337,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump is absolutely worse.
  • Publicly cheated on one wife, married three times, has three families, bragged on Howard Stern that he does not treat women well and that his dating life was his personal Vietnam.
  • Took five military deferments then claimed an injury so minor he can't remember which foot it was in order to avoid Vietnam.
  • Refused to pay HUNDREDS of contractors, small and large, as well as employees. When they tried to get paid, buried them with lawyers. Put many of the small companies out of business, then didn't pay many of his lawyers.
  • Claims to care about American jobs while he manufacturers his own goods in China and Mexico
  • Filed for bankruptcy four times, used eminent domain to take private property
  • Being sued by many for Trump University where they promised the moon and all they got was a photo of a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump.
  • Paid the Florida AG $25K to keep her from filing suit against Trump University so she left the citizens of her state high and dry.
  • Somehow managed to persuade the Texas AG to drop suit leaving their citizens high and dry and then a $35K donation made its way to the new Texas governor (formerly the Texas AG).
  • Attacked an federal judge formerly appointed by Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, saying the judge was Mexican and could not do his job because of his heritage even though the judge was born in America, his father was in the country before Trump's mother and is as American as Trump is and equally eligible to run for President.
  • Told the country he had investigators in Hawaii and he was going to do a big reveal on President Obama's birth certificate. President Obama releases his birth certificate and Trump suddenly went silent - what happened to the investigators?
  • Has a long history of lies, racist retweets, backpedaling and worse with endless statements attacking women and minorities.
  • And let's not forget the ad of women reading all the things Trump has said to and about women.
Yep! And this is the short list too. I can add a few.

*Claims he cares about American jobs but he's brought in hundreds of illegals and immigrants on HB Visas to work his projects and properties for slave wages rather than having to pay Americans a higher wage.

*Blasted other candidates for having SuperPacs, taking money from big donors and fundraising while he now has a SuperPac, is taking money from big donors and fundraising.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:20 PM

33,305 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
but will attack a woman over something so minor as her parents told her of her Native American heritage.
She doesn't have any Native American Heritage. Ever asserting that she does is offensive. What you are calling 'attacks' (criticism, not attacks) have nothing to do with her gender, but the fact that she is a liar. She shouldn't have made the assertion at any point unless she could prove the assertion...and she can't.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
That is what the Democrats and liberals said about Obama's race. The media insinuated that anyone who voted against Obama was racist.
They do play the race/sexist card often don't they....this lady tried the sex card for hillary:

Albright: 'special place in hell' for women who don't support Clinton | US news | The Guardian

Quote:
So, you do know what he actually said. There is nothing "racist" in that statement.

BTW, did you know that the Mexican government actually made a comic book that tells Mexicans how to sneak across the border? Here is one link. If you don't like it, there are others out there.

https://www.cfif.org/htdocs/legislat...al-booklet.htm
What's most interesting about those harping on trump about being racist is the stark quietness of hillary's supporters when she says what many feel are racists statements/actions:

Clinton on racial joke: It was de Blasio's skit | TheHill

Ugly truth behind Clinton's 'reservation' comment (Opinion) - CNN.com

Hillary Clinton needs to address the racist undertones of her 2008 campaign

Hillary: Even open-minded white people feel a twinge of fear at the sight of a black man in a hoodie « Hot Air

Where's the equal outrage by the hillary supporters to this? If trump's comments really bother them, why don't such comments bother them/why do they support her?

Funny thing is....I never get an answer to this question. Really not funny....sad and most telling.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
And many hispanics agree with trumps views, especially those who see the nonsense that's happening on the border:

"Nuestro amigo": In Donald Trump, some Latinos see a friend and ally - CBS News

I bet if many people who feel those crossing illegally over our border is a non-issue and we put those people on a ranch near our southern border/live near there for a year or two and step off their ivory tower/get away from their cul de sacs/stop listening to people who benefit exploiting illegal labor and stop falling for their sales tactic, they'd have views like the hispanics have in the article above who live by the border.

You can write in sanders btw. If enough people like yourself write him in, you'd have something. If everyone has your view of "why bother voting for my first choice" like sanders and "I'll vote against a person I really hate but I'm ok with enabling someone else who's uber rich /bankrolled/funded/donored by huge money", well, then I think that's part of the problem we have in the nation as I think you missed the point I made earlier.....if you vote for any republican or democrat, you are in the heart of mega rich everything....candidates and donors.

So if you think not voting is a waste or writing in sanders, a dogs name etc is a waste, than you aren't true to your words and with all do respect, you are a hypocrite....saying you dislike the rich yet you say you will vote a person running under the other huge big uber money political party. So if I had your view, I think writing in sanders or a dogs name or whatever would validate your view and you'd "walk the walk". heck, you sound like maybe the green party would be more up your alley. But saying you're voting for the democrat instead/not thinking the money that's behind that party.....

Some insight on the money involved here and what you're enabling/what you say you don't like:

The $5 billion presidential campaign? | TheHill

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...paign-finance/

And if you vote "the democrat", you do realize if can be anyone running under that platform, ie it doesn't have to be hillary, you're still part of funding the uber rich/crazy billion dollar game here as huge money will be showered on who ever is running. Seems big time against your view.

As for "the rich"......if you are also against the mega rich, please get rid of all the luxuries you have in your house like electronics, your vehicles, all modern conveniences, get off facebook, etc because some super rich people took a lot of risk got you those products/services you have in your hands right now for some very reasonable prices. And create a bunch of jobs. Now if you tell me you live in the woods/middle of the desert with no luxuries whatsoever, don't rely on a bunch of rich people/corporations and the products they create, well, I'll give you credit....you are indeed walking the walk/sure don't need the "rich".
The issue is the type of system we have is indeed that we are two parties. The way we select our president is entirely set up for two parties since the addition of the twelfth amendment that made it so that we vote for president and vice president as a ticket not the second highest vote getter is now VP and the fact that if no candidate gets half +1 of the electoral college it goes to congress to decide rather than the people. I've argued in another thread that this hurts third parties and keeps the U.S. as a two party system.

My problem is the super rich having the voice while I don't. I don't want a puppet but writing in Sanders only works if enough people write in Sanders to actually win enough states to get 270 electoral votes. Under 270, it makes it a congressional choice. If I were to vote a third party (even Libertarian which I wouldn't) is the same story as Sanders. So I am stuck to not voting which I don't have a voice and don't care who leads us into a hell hole OR choosing the lesser of the two evils.

The best thing we can do is reverse Citizens United. I'm not sure how we can, I don't know of any similar lawsuits or how we can sue to get this, but it NEEDS to be done. You shouldn't have to either be rich or sell your soul to be a politician like you do today.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
The issue is the type of system we have is indeed that we are two parties. The way we select our president is entirely set up for two parties since the addition of the twelfth amendment that made it so that we vote for president and vice president as a ticket not the second highest vote getter is now VP and the fact that if no candidate gets half +1 of the electoral college it goes to congress to decide rather than the people. I've argued in another thread that this hurts third parties and keeps the U.S. as a two party system.

My problem is the super rich having the voice while I don't. I don't want a puppet but writing in Sanders only works if enough people write in Sanders to actually win enough states to get 270 electoral votes. Under 270, it makes it a congressional choice. If I were to vote a third party (even Libertarian which I wouldn't) is the same story as Sanders. So I am stuck to not voting which I don't have a voice and don't care who leads us into a hell hole OR choosing the lesser of the two evils.

The best thing we can do is reverse Citizens United. I'm not sure how we can, I don't know of any similar lawsuits or how we can sue to get this, but it NEEDS to be done. You shouldn't have to either be rich or sell your soul to be a politician like you do today.
I certainly agree, I have a problem with that too. Our political system, what trump and sander's have been saying and I agree with and have for a long time is that it's controlled by special interest groups/$ and the people are served last, if at all....donors are first in line. So in my view if people vote for an establishment candidate(name/sex/race/other nonsense doesn't matter....it's just a puppet in the end in my view), you're voting yourself to not be served at all. That's why I was suggesting to you if you vote outside of trump or bernie, and assuming they don't get bought off in the end, you're enabling what you are against. I'm done with voting any establishment candidates/actually stopped playing that game a long time ago. And if a trump or sander's wasn't on the list, I would indeed vote for a dog, a write in candidate, or my mother and I'd feel good about doing it as I'm walking the walk, standing by my principals of what I stand for. I hope you consider the same. Actually, not my mom....I'd never put such an honest woman in such a dishonest title....politician. Sorry mom. Love ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections