U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:05 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,839,724 times

Advertisements

So Everyone, it looks like the primaries are all but done. So here is the question. "Whats the primary reason you are voting FOR your candidate, and whats the worst thing about your candidate"

Please be polite, and try and keep your replies specific to your candidate, and not other candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 10:11 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,839,724 times
For me, it appears Sanders is done, so it may be Clinton, or possibly the green party. But lets go with Clinton.

Primary reason she may have my vote is that she won't be doing anything unexpected, and will prevent the same party from running the house, senate, and presidency. Its the safe vote in some ways. But still a horrible one.

Worst thing? I'm pretty sure she should be in prison for corruption based upon the donations made to her charity-that primarily benefited her and her family. I truly do not understand why folks on the right aren't screaming about this more.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:42 PM

8,800 posts, read 4,716,183 times
Jill Stein for the people and like her policies. Bad little experience in federal government and foreign relations. Doesn't have a strong foreign relations policy.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:51 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,058,272 times
Best: competence, intelligence, resilience, experience, poise, articulate, hard worker, great listener, deep religious faith
Worst: guarded, doesn't trust people, defense shield are way high, especially when addressing large groups

Old 06-10-2016, 10:54 PM

4,629 posts, read 5,365,502 times
Bernie Sanders is honest, fearless, fights for the powerless and against the mighty.
Worst thing about him would be that it seems he's going to ask his supporters (and donors) to turn around and support the corrupt bought-by-billionaire Hillary Clinton. I hope he will not pass the money donated by his supporters to Clinton.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:23 AM

6,954 posts, read 4,420,592 times
He is giving away free ponies and will bring alternative energy nation wide with zombie powered wind mills.

The boot he wears on his head is over the top and leaves Americans with the impression he is not playing with a full deck.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:29 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,015,366 times
Best: Addressing the real issues that are bringing our country down, not social issues that can be dealt with after the revitalization of the country is underway. Has exposed the corruption I knew was there but that no one else was brave enough to step forward and talk about. Patriotic, intelligent and wanting to give back to a country that allowed him and his family to be on the position they are today.

Worst: Doesn't nail down what he is saying and why to the point that the competition can't twist it to suit their agenda. Also, a little "old school" which many of the younger generation don't understand.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:53 AM

4,665 posts, read 2,637,440 times
I assume who the people above are talking about, but we should post the candidates name with the pros and cons.

Gary Johnson

Best: Johnson was a great governor and built a multi million dollar construction company from nothing. He's rational and willing to work with people from all sides of the political sphere. He is honest and has been politically consistent for decades. Last, he is in excellent health and has a lot of energy.

Worst: Talks too much about pot, which isn't an important issue right now. He should dress more professionally and more presidential. Even as a Republican he wasn't good at raising money for his campaign. The Libertarian Party isn't always good to be associated with. Point in case, stripper man at the convention.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:34 AM

33,255 posts, read 20,087,069 times
Donald Trump

best: can't be bought by special interests groups, expect the same from everybody, great businessman who knows how to make money, respect military, talks about real issues people care about

worst: thin skinned, scapegoating is getting a bit old

Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 PM

7,816 posts, read 12,321,925 times
I am a Ted Cruz supporter who now backs Donald Trump out of party loyalty and the belief that a Democrat presidency again will completely destroy this country and fundamentally change America for the worse.

Positives- He has the guts to put America and American interests first, and is willing to confront illegal immigration, government overregulation, unfair trade deals, and Muslim terrorism head-on.

Negatives - his rude personality, his liberal past, and the fact that I do not consider him a true Bible-believing Christian. A true Christian will not consider it "great" that his daughter is Jewish. I support Israel for religious reasons, but a Christian would never be glad his child is any other religion, because that means his child is unsaved and will go to hell. A true Christian would not also be so neutral on Planned Parenthood.

As for Ted Cruz, I don't see any negatives about him. I see his willingness to fight to the end and his consistent conservatism to be positives. I hope Cruz can be a Supreme Court justice or run for President again.

I do respect Bernie Sanders for his honestly on his beliefs, but those beliefs are insane and dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or