Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 08:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You may be right. She didn't phrase it to well.

Warren refuses to take a DNA test---even when someone offered to pay for it. I suspect that she is afraid of what the results would be.
There is not still any question whether or not she is part Native American. She is not. Once she got what she wanted she quit claiming it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 08:09 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
If you think I'm going to send you the entire results of my DNA test, you are dreaming.
Quote:
Warren refuses to take a DNA test---even when someone offered to pay for it. I suspect that she is afraid of what the results would be.
So you want to protect your privacy, but Warren cannot protect hers? Please.

Mick

Old 06-11-2016, 08:22 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick

Mick---In case you haven't noticed, Warren has chosen a career path that puts her in the public eye. She had to know that she would come under scrutiny.

And, yes, Mick. I want to protect my privacy because, obviously, I'm not in the public eye.

But since you think otherwise, why don't you give us your full name and address and add your phone number for good measure.

Oh puhleez!

Old 06-11-2016, 08:24 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is not still any question whether or not she is part Native American. She is not. Once she got what she wanted she quit claiming it.
^^^^I agree with this, despite another poster making the claim that Warren could have Native American blood and not have it show up in a DNA test. If it doesn't show up in her test nor any of her siblings, it's either not there or in such a minute amount as to not matter.

Actually, I think that Warren had some nerve making the claim that she deserved minority status.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Elizabeth Warren is a public figure, BOS is not.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:

Mick---In case you haven't noticed, Warren has chosen a career path that puts her in the public eye. She had to know that she would come under scrutiny.

And, yes, Mick. I want to protect my privacy because, obviously, I'm not in the public eye.

But since you think otherwise, why don't you give us your full name and address and add your phone number for good measure.

Oh puhleez!
Soooo, you think Warren should have a DNA test and release the results to the American electorate? Even though, btw, she's not actually running for office presently?

But, Trump the super-duper billionaire (or so he claims) who wants to be president and run the country, doesn't have to release his tax returns (basically--his resume) to prove he's as rich as he tells us (in every other sentence) or prove that he has paid any taxes at all in the last 10 years?

C'mon.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Soooo, you think Warren should have a DNA test and release the results to the American electorate? Even though, btw, she's not actually running for office presently?

But, Trump the super-duper billionaire (or so he claims) who wants to be president and run the country, doesn't have to release his tax returns (basically--his resume) to prove he's as rich as he tells us (in every other sentence) or prove that he has paid any taxes at all in the last 10 years?

C'mon.
I think we should broker a trade. We'll get Warren to do a DNA test to get to the bottom of this world changing scandal that Republicans can't drop and they'll get Trump to get a DNA to prove if he's human or Neanderthal.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:14 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think we should broker a trade. We'll get Warren to do a DNA test to get to the bottom of this world changing scandal that Republicans can't drop and they'll get Trump to get a DNA to prove if he's human or Neanderthal.
Most people do have a % of neanderthal DNA, and services like 23andme can tell you a lot about your underlying DNA. We could rate presidential candidates based on how much neanderthal they had in them!

Seriously...what are the rules about ownership of your own DNA? Could someone get presidential candidates DNA, and then publish it?

Old 06-12-2016, 05:14 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She SERVES in public office. That's enough to warrant asking her to have a DNA test to determine the legitimacy of her claim and how that was used to enhance her career at Penn and Harvard.

Quote:
If they're still under IRS audit and that hasn't been completed, yes.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
You can't have it both ways. If you sic the IRS on people, you shouldn't then expect any disclosures until the IRS audit is complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections