Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 06:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Seriously? A secret clearance issued by who? Never mind I really don't want to know who you would want to blame, I can guess without your input.
I should not have said: secret, I should have said a clearance. He was a security guard for heavens sake!!! When I said secret, I think you took that as meaning a top secret clearance which is different.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We can start with assault weapons. What is the purpose of such a weapon? It's to mow down as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. What use does any citizen have for such a weapon unless they want to mow down as many people possible in as short a time possible?

There is no other purpose for such weapons. There is no reason anyone needs to have one.

That's where you start.
I am certainly not saying there is a reason to have assault weapons, where did you get that ides? You ar putting words into my mouth. What I am saying and will continue to say is: all the laws in the world are never going to keep these terrorists from doing what was done this morning.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:47 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Really? Please list proof from credible sources. I'll wait...
Just go to the crime watch website and see how many people are picked up for gun violations. There are literally hundreds of them. They arrested a guy in Santa Monica last night who was planning something.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:47 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am certainly not saying there is a reason to have assault weapons, where did you get that ides? You ar putting words into my mouth. What I am saying and will continue to say is: all the laws in the world are never going to keep these terrorists from doing what was done this morning.

He didn't have anything close to an assault weapon. None of his weapons were even automatic.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Maybe laws won't stop them, but better laws would allow people to report people they see carrying guns outside of their homes and businesses and report them to the police. Better laws would allow police to stop those people before they start shooting other people.

Around here, if I see some guy carrying a rifle into the mall or a theater, I can call the police and they will come out and stop him and question him. He'll probably get arrested too. You can't do that in a lot of places because those guns are legal.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:57 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe laws won't stop them, but better laws would allow people to report people they see carrying guns outside of their homes and businesses and report them to the police. Better laws would allow police to stop those people before they start shooting other people.

Around here, if I see some guy carrying a rifle into the mall or a theater, I can call the police and they will come out and stop him and question him. He'll probably get arrested too. You can't do that in a lot of places because those guns are legal.
FBI questioned him twice. Let him go, probably didn't want to profile a muslim

Old 06-12-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
FBI questioned him twice. Let him go, probably didn't want to profile a muslim
They didn't stop him on the day he decided to take his rifle into a bar.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
How did a guy on the ISIS watch list get a gun legally? Look no further than the NRA and bought legislators.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
How did a guy on the ISIS watch list get a gun legally? Look no further than the NRA and bought legislators.
Amen. When half the country wants common sense gun laws.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
First step, remove the NRA from the back pockets of too many politicians,
Nope. If you don't want to respect the Bill of Rights, you should find some other country to live in. And no, the definition of 'a well regulated militia' 220+ years ago is not synonymous with a present day definition of an army or militia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections