Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 07:44 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,507,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I did answer your question and take or leave the links. If you don't believe who I voted for, read my old posts, I've backed him for months.
Sorry not looking them up. Just be a big boy/girl and tell me. I myself voted for Bernie. See was that hard?

Old 06-16-2016, 07:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Sorry not looking them up. Just be a big boy/girl and tell me.
I did. READ my reply to you. Slower this time.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:49 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,626 times
Both major parties are totally polluted with traitors who sold out to the highest bidder. No one with any conscience stays in the party. Warren had her price met. The only way to change the political system is to start supporting third parties as they do in Europe and shift the power advantage to multiple parties which can unseat the corrupt politicos that rule this nation.

In this election there are alternatives, Libertarian or Green, and both are reasonable alternatives.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Both major parties are totally polluted with traitors who sold out to the highest bidder. No one with any conscience stays in the party. Warren had her price meet. The only way to change the political system is to start supporting third parties as they do in Europe and shift the power advantage to multiple parties rust can unseat the corrupt politicos that rules this nation.

In this election there is an alternative, Libertarian or Green, and both are reasonable alternatives.
I'm still deciding......Weld has tilted the scales to Green.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:56 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
He didn't concede but I thought it was pretty clear from the speech that he's realized he's lost, and is currently holding out for platform changes that he wants in exchange for his endorsement of Hillary.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:59 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
He didn't concede but I thought it was pretty clear from the speech that he's realized he's lost, and is currently holding out for platform changes that he wants in exchange for his endorsement of Hillary.
If he endorses a Politico traitor that is an architect of the fraudulent system he was campaigning against then he loses all credibility. Only true blue politicos can call someone a crook and then ask others to vote for that crook. It takes a certain character to stick with a value system or dump it for money and power.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I did. READ my reply to you. Slower this time.
1. Sorry but my life move quick. Ok post 86. You voted Bernie. Ok.

2. Will leave the rags. Sorry I don't buy into them.

3. what is your solution to your perceived problem with the Democratic Party? How do you turn it towards the left?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Both major parties are totally polluted with traitors who sold out to the highest bidder. No one with any conscience stays in the party. Warren had her price met. The only way to change the political system is to start supporting third parties as they do in Europe and shift the power advantage to multiple parties which can unseat the corrupt politicos that rule this nation.

In this election there are alternatives, Libertarian or Green, and both are reasonable alternatives.
they need to start running for house seats. Not just for the presidency. I can't take the Green Party serious if they don't have house seats. Most libertarians end up running republican....not libertarian. Where is the organization control of these groups? Focus and build from the bottom up.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
1. Sorry but my life move quick. Ok post 86. You voted Bernie. Ok.

2. Will leave the rags. Sorry I don't buy into them.

3. what is your solution to your perceived problem with the Democratic Party? How do you turn it towards the left?
I don't think that way. What I want not that long ago were considered very conservative ideas. No more interventionist wars (and ending the current ones) and no more bailing out failed businesses. Those are my top two. I saw Bernie as the best chance at that. I still do.

I'm hoping that people turn to civil disobedience like they had to do in the 60's as I don't hold out much hope for politics to address either right now.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:12 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,333,482 times
Quote:
I don't think that way. What I want not that long ago were considered very conservative ideas. No more interventionist wars (and ending the current ones) and no more bailing out failed businesses. Those are my top two. I saw Bernie as the best chance at that. I still do.

I'm hoping that people turn to civil disobedience like they had to do in the 60's as I don't hold out much hope for politics to address either right now.
Those are still conservative ideas -- no less conservative than they were in the past. Principles and ideologies don't change just b/c members of the party that is supposed to represent those principles no longer do.

Just b/c Paul Ryan backed Medicare Part D and TARP, doesn't mean those are conservative policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections