Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:32 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
You liberals only acknowledge that document when it protects terrorists.

Islam is a political ideology btw
Funny as I was actually thinking the opposite. When it comes to the gun-control debate, for example, the 2A is featured front-and-center as if end of discussion. Prevent Muslims from immigration to America, and you would think the Constitution was either non-existent or nothing to take seriously...

"Islam is a political ideology?" Is that something like how we believe that America is a Christian country founded on Christian principals?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:50 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
And Boehner thought he had problems with the Tea Party on his hands...
I kind of think that Boehner gets up in the morning, has a cup of coffee and a smoke, looks at the news, smiles and thinks "Better Ryan than me. Life is really not that bad now".

Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Trump has said REPEATEDLY that the ban would be from countries that have a history of terrorism. Nothing wrong or against US values about that, we've been doing that for a very long time.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,509,104 times
If I were a Trump fan, I wouldn't be voting for the GOP down ballet. Ryan wants to destroy trumper.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Asked to respond Tuesday morning, Ryan said he stood by previous criticism of Trump's stance. "I do not think a Muslim ban is in our country's interest. I do not think it is reflective of our principles, not just as a party but as a country. I think the smarter way to go, in all respects, is to have a security test and not a religious test."

Ryan endorsed Trump on June 2 after holding out for a month. But this is the second time in as many weeks that the highest-ranking Republican in the federal government has criticized his party's presumptive presidential candidate. Last week, Ryan said Trump's attacks on federal judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles : NPR

Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You forgot one. He could be kidnapped by Aliens. That's as likely as what your proposing.
They would send him back.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Asked to respond Tuesday morning, Ryan said he stood by previous criticism of Trump's stance. "I do not think a Muslim ban is in our country's interest. I do not think it is reflective of our principles, not just as a party but as a country. I think the smarter way to go, in all respects, is to have a security test and not a religious test."

Ryan endorsed Trump on June 2 after holding out for a month. But this is the second time in as many weeks that the highest-ranking Republican in the federal government has criticized his party's presumptive presidential candidate. Last week, Ryan said Trump's attacks on federal judge Gonzalo Curiel's Mexican heritage were "the textbook definition of a racist comment."

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles : NPR
Perfect example of lipstick on a pig. It has to accomplish the same thing or it's meaningless. Hillary says : "words don't matter, it's what you do that matters" but no one listens to the Queen anymore. That's understandable because she is, most of the time, a babbling idiot. Like the saying "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" when she does say something right it goes unnoticed.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Perfect example of lipstick on a pig. It has to accomplish the same thing or it's meaningless. Hillary says : "words don't matter, it's what you do that matters" but no one listens to the Queen anymore. That's understandable because she is, most of the time, a babbling idiot. Like the saying "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" when she does say something right it goes unnoticed.
Your comment reminds me a little of the strategy to "fight fire with fire." No more babbling here...

Old 06-15-2016, 11:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Memo to Ryan and the rest of the Republican Beltway Boobs: You weren't elected to side with Obama--or, by extension, the Democratic presidential nominee.

I hope all of them up for election in November lose.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I kind of think that Boehner gets up in the morning, has a cup of coffee and a smoke, looks at the news, smiles and thinks "Better Ryan than me. Life is really not that bad now".
Boehner for the most part accepted Trump as the presumptive Republican nominee, though he did express his surprise at the candidate’s success. While he did not praise Trump’s policies, the former Speaker did say he would vote for Trump in the general election if he becomes the Republican nominee. He said he would not, however, vote for Cruz.

When it came to the Democrat primaries, Boehner asserted his belief that although Bernie Sanders has put up a significant fight, Hillary Clinton will win the nomination. While stating that he disagreed with Sanders on all the issues, he also called Sanders a nice guy and the most honest politician in the race.

On Clinton, Boehner’s reviews were more mixed. Early in the talk, he impersonated Clinton, saying “Oh, I’m a woman, vote for me,” to a negative crowd reaction. Later, he added that he had known Clinton for 25 years and finds her to be very accomplished and smart.

Boehner also speculated about surprises that could come closer to the Democratic National Convention if Hillary Clinton’s emails became a larger scandal.

“Don’t be shocked … if two weeks before the convention, here comes Joe Biden parachuting in and Barack Obama fanning the flames to make it all happen,” Boehner said.

John Boehner talks election, time in office | Stanford Daily

Just when you thought this election could not get more unpredictable, wild and bizarre...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections