Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:24 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Damn, cant people just say "I disagree with the man but he is right on this" instead of the stupid partisan politics. Plenty of people supporting Trump over Clinton have always thought people on no fly list should be banned from buying guns. I also think if you are under investigation or ever have been under investigation for terrorist activities (of any nature) and not totally cleared (just closed due to insufficient evidence) you should be banned. Both sides of the coin are to blame on this. Many people on the left believe that would violate privacy laws and infringe on innocent until proven guilty....
Bold is the reason why this country deserves crooked politicians.

Hey, the way I see it, If trump can convince NRA, let him do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 09:39 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Like it or not, admit it or not, this is common sense.
You know... have to say it again...

We could have a complete ban on guns in this entire country, and it STILL wouldn't work. Do you want to know why? You're assuming everyone would obey gun control laws. You assume everyone is law-abiding. I can assure you that thugs, felons, and terrorists aren't law-abiding people.

And that's even besides the fact that there's no due process involved in the compilation of the 'no fly' list. Guilty until you even get the chance to prove your innocence, IF you ever get that chance. I can't agree to that.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You know... have to say it again...

We could have a complete ban on guns in this entire country, and it STILL wouldn't work. Do you want to know why? You're assuming everyone would obey gun control laws. You assume everyone is law-abiding. I can assure you that thugs, felons, and terrorists aren't law-abiding people.

And that's even besides the fact that there's no due process involved in the compilation of the 'no fly' list. Guilty until you even get the chance to prove your innocence, IF you ever get that chance. I can't agree to that.
nah, it is not about gun control. It is about stop these people on the terrorism watch list to obtain guns legally. (have to make it more difficult for them, you have to make an effort.)

Common sense tells me, you are not going to end up on terrorism watch list by simply saying "I don't like President Obama" LOL You have to be a real thug to end up on there. Again, common sense stuff.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:43 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
nah, it is not about gun control. It is about stop these people on the terrorism watch list to obtain guns legally. (have to make it more difficult for them, you have to make an effort.)
I agree, it may not make much of a difference in the scheme of things, but we must try at least. If anything, it will make the criminals work a little harder to obtain the gun.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I agree, it may not make much of a difference in the scheme of things, but we must try at least. If anything, it will make the criminals work a little harder to obtain the gun.
agreed.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Because terrorists don't violate laws? Come on... THINK about what you're saying.

THAT is why gun control is the wrong solution to the problem. You and a lot of people assume terrorists will suddenly be law-abiding when it comes to acquiring guns, but have no qualms violating laws by committing acts of terror.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
How well does that work for Chicago?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because terrorists don't violate laws? Come on... THINK about what you're saying.

THAT is why gun control is the wrong solution to the problem. You and a lot of people assume terrorists will suddenly be law-abiding when it comes to acquiring guns, but have no qualms violating laws by committing acts of terror.
well, you are missing the point.

I am saying, You have to make an effort, have to make it more difficult for them to obtain guns legally.

So yes, Trump is right. Liberals, in this case, are right. people on terrorist watch list, cannot get guns legally.

You are safe, nobody is saying you cannot get guns legally. sheesh

Old 06-15-2016, 09:47 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
For both sides, we need to work harder on protecting ourselves. Whether it be through stricter immigration control or stricter gun laws.. it needs to be done. We all need to work together. Terrorist do not care if you are Democrat or Republican, all they care about is that you are American. We need to wake up. Our children are the ones who are going to suffer long term.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
For both sides, we need to work harder on protecting ourselves. Whether it be through stricter immigration control or stricter gun laws.. it needs to be done. We all need to work together. Terrorist do not care if you are Democrat or Republican, all they care about is that you are American. We need to wake up. Our children are the ones who are going to suffer long term.
another great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections