Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times

Advertisements

TERRIBLE idea.

There is NO DUE PROCESS involved in being put on a watchlist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 09:49 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, you are missing the point.
No, you are.

Someone who has no problem violating laws to commit an act of terror would have no problem violating a gun control law.

Look at the War on Drugs, for example. There are a lot of illegal drugs. Has that stopped the drug dealers or their customers? Nope.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:50 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Like it or not, admit it or not, this is common sense.
But, if they insist on removing individuals from the watchlist, not sure how this will help. It would not have helped in the case in Orlando because he was removed from the list. Orlando Gunman Had Been Taken Off Watch List, FBI Director James Comey Says : The Two-Way : NPR

Judicial Watch: Homeland Security Records Reveal Officials Ordered Terrorist Watch List Scrubbed - Judicial Watch

I also tend to believe that where there is a market, you'll have someone selling a product or finding a way to procure the product/service.

We have so many rules/laws that are not enforced.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:54 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
Liberals have proposed that very same thing, blasted for it and were accused of wanting to take everyone's guns away. The NRA shut it down.

Not surprised that now it's a good idea because Trump is copying it.

Why does he need to meet with a lobbying group like the NRA? I thought he opposed lobbyists?
Oh wait, they endorsed him, that's all that it takes for Donald.
My guess is that he doesn't know that the republicans voted "NO" and it didn't pass.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:56 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, you are.

Someone who has no problem violating laws to commit an act of terror would have no problem violating a gun control law.

Look at the War on Drugs, for example. There are a lot of illegal drugs. Has that stopped the drug dealers or their customers? Nope.
Agree on this. Drugs are a problem and they are illegal. Understood. Nobody is saying it is going to stop the problem. Heck, it may make it worse by having gun sales underground so that we cannot control what is being sold. HOWEVER, we need to start somewhere and make some changes.
Maybe if someone is on the no fly list or have been investigated for possible terrorist ties, when they go buy a gun the authorities are notified and during the 3 day waiting period can be investigated further? I do not have all the answers.
I do know that we are not all not going to agree on what those answers are so up until now have basically done nothing except fight amongst ourselves. The terrorist have their act together more than we do. We are our worst enemies sometimes.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:57 AM

455 posts, read 283,291 times
trump people dont care.

they are voting for trump, not for his policies.

his policies in some instances are further left than clinton, especially on foreign policy.

any conservative who is supporting trump for policy reasons is clueless, which means in the end most conservatives don't actually care about policy.

they pretend, but they dont. not if they are backing trump

Old 06-15-2016, 10:00 AM

286 posts, read 150,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
My guess is that he doesn't know that the republicans voted "NO" and it didn't pass.
There's a lot Donald doesn't know. Doesn't matter though, it would be ignored even if he did know, and will be ignored by his loyal fans, or they are just as clueless and can only mimic his talking points.

Imagine if it wasn't partisan and it was able to pass when proposed by liberals. Now liberals are still blasted for doing nothing and Trump pumped up as being the savior. If this wasn't so serious it would be hysterical.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlees View Post
Liberals have proposed that very same thing, blasted for it and were accused of wanting to take everyone's guns away. The NRA shut it down.

Not surprised that now it's a good idea because Trump is copying it.

Why does he need to meet with a lobbying group like the NRA? I thought he opposed lobbyists?
Oh wait, they endorsed him, that's all that it takes for Donald.
This kind of comment says that you are not really interested in talking about the issue of your thread but want to bash anyone who responds unless they share your opinion. Be honest and put that in your opening comment. Something like this : The topic is not important what I'm trying to do is demonize the opposition if they are not supporting my every word on the subject.

What you won't admit to is the position on the left that made the NRA, who at one time did cooperate, take the position they have now. To not give an inch because the lefts goal, in there own words, are a complete and total ban of guns.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, you are.

You need to give up.

This thread is about "people on terrorists watch list"

You need to make an effort. Make obtaining guns legally more difficult for them. That is my point. So you are missing my point. Will this stop terrorists from committing violent crimes? Perhaps not. But you need to make an effort. this is exactly why Trump is right in this case, Liberals are right in this case.

Donald's tweet,
I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:06 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
No joke. Posters on this thread trying to make Trump supports seems stupid and sheep- like are half the problem and part of the reason nothing gets done in this country. Not everything is Left and Right and not everyone falls into one category. If you want to live that way, fine. Maybe some of us want it all to stop. It should be about what is best for Americans and our children. If Donald Trump can find a way to get NRA and Republicans to finally come around to stricter gun control, why not just be happy? Why turn in into a freaking war between who is smarter and who is clueless. Everyone needs to get off their collective high horses and take a good look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections