Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times

Advertisements

wilful said: "almost like reality TV!"

It could be all part of his exit strategy. Maybe he's orchestrating this entire thing for after all, he is the master at reality TV. As has previously been discussed, in all likelihood, he really doesn't want to actually be president but is probably having a blast at playing with everybody's emotions ...especially, the American public. He loves pitting everybody against each other and I'm sure is rubbing his hands (albeit small hands) together in glee.

He knows he won't actually be president nor does he want all the work and responsibility that would all of a sudden be bestowed upon him if he were ever to become POTUS. I'm almost thinking that he knows that he doesn't actually have what it takes to be president. But he's accomplished his goal in that he will go down in history for creating this stunt that has everybody so enamored with him.

I don't know; just a thought.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:42 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that has yet to be seen. the vast majority of the money that trump has put into his campaign has been specifically a loan and not a donation. he's still eligible to pay himself back from his campaign finances.
And you can bet he will pay himself back with the campaign funds. Even if he says he won't. If it's still on the books as a loan, he's planning to get that money back.If he truly wasn't going to take that money back, he would submit paperwork to remove the loan. That loan's getting paid back. He'll try to hide it, or he'll get upset and blame it on the GOP or somehow get a PAC to pay it back behind the scenes.. But you can guarantee that he'll get that money back. He's not as rich as he says he is AND he's cheap and he loves to use other people's money (even if it means cheating them out of it like Trump University or like he stiffed all the contractors).

Old 06-15-2016, 07:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
And he may have to go it alone.

"...the presumed Republican presidential nominee declared himself “right,” based on a published report claiming administration “support” for the Islamic State.

...There has been hesitation among foreign policy experts to join the Trump campaign or his transition team, at least partially born out of fear that aligning themselves with Trump could damage their professional reputations..."

“Some days I expect him to come out and say, ‘I’m not an expert on national security, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Let me tell you what I think,’ ” Madden said...

“It’s kind of frightening to me if the Trump foreign policy people can’t distinguish between a spot intelligence report and a finished report. That’s scary,” said former U.S. ambassador to Syria Robert Ford, who left the State Department in 2012 and has been sharply critical of Obama’s Syria policy. “They should know better.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...7a0_story.html

Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
“Okay, so our guy is insane,” said one GOP fundraising bundler privately after getting his first up-close view of his party’s presidential nominee at a recent California fundraiser.

The Fundamental Question About Trump: What's Wrong With This Guy?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:28 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Trump won over 1500 delegates and will be nominated. He won it fair & square by winning millions more votes than his closest competitor.
I don't agree with you very often, but I do on this. He won the voting and should be the Republican nominee. The GOP bellyaching about it now is too late; the time to have stopped him was months ago.

Now they don't have much of a choice. I guess they will nominate him, then quarantine him so that he doesn't infect the rest of the ticket and take the Presidential loss. Put all their time and effort into the Congressional contests and then get to work on 2020 and put this whole episode behind them.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:29 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Trump's willing to go it alone

Talk about a misleading thread title . . . . . I thought this was about Melania being out of town.

Mick

Old 06-15-2016, 09:37 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I believe this really shows his narcissism and you'd think will sink him in the end.

Trump threatens to go it alone

But who knows ...he does have a good brain and uses the best words so just because of that, he still should prevail and win in November. And after all, he's so beloved by millions.
Again Trump believes he's a dictator and too stupid to realize he needs congressional approval for most everything.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“Okay, so our guy is insane,” said one GOP fundraising bundler privately after getting his first up-close view of his party’s presidential nominee at a recent California fundraiser.

The Fundamental Question About Trump: What's Wrong With This Guy?
The relationship with the RNC is deteriorating. Politidrama.

"...Donald Trump is relying heavily on the Republican Party to bolster his skeletal operation, but his campaign’s relationship with the Republican National Committee is increasingly plagued by distrust, power struggles and strategic differences, according to sources in both camps..."

Trump’s relationship with RNC sours - POLITICO

Old 06-15-2016, 09:41 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Ok...ok....those that said Trump would collapse in a general election were right... Its all over...Clinton is crushing him... trump isn't going to win... No need for overkill

Old 06-15-2016, 10:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The relationship with the RNC is deteriorating. Politidrama.

"...Donald Trump is relying heavily on the Republican Party to bolster his skeletal operation, but his campaign’s relationship with the Republican National Committee is increasingly plagued by distrust, power struggles and strategic differences, according to sources in both camps..."

Trump’s relationship with RNC sours - POLITICO
Well, of course he's willing to go it alone. He doesn't have much of a choice. Thanks to Trump's unwillingness to play nice, and his loose lips most of the major Republican stalwarts don't want to help him.

Notice that no major GOP figure was defending his comments post-Orlando. Silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections