Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If you look at the 2016 Republican primary map, John Kasich crushed Trump in the heavily populated areas. .....
Fail....

Hillary Clinton =/ Kasich

Clinton has already lost Ohio. Her continued support for trade deals, that has led to 1000s of jobs being shipped overseas has cost her the entire rust belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 11:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
he signed their little agreement.. guess his word is as good as used toilet paper.. never did like aw shucks
Kind of like Trump's marriage vows.......

Old 06-16-2016, 11:27 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
Another GOPer "can't do it" either:

Exclusive: Armitage to back Clinton over Trump - POLITICO

Richard Armitage, the deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush, says he will vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, in one of the most dramatic signs yet that Republican national security elites are rejecting their party’s presumptive nominee. The former Reagan and Bush appointee is highest-ranking Republican to break ranks for Hillary.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Another GOPer "can't do it" either:

Exclusive: Armitage to back Clinton over Trump - POLITICO

Richard Armitage, the deputy secretary of state under George W. Bush, says he will vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump, in one of the most dramatic signs yet that Republican national security elites are rejecting their party’s presumptive nominee. The former Reagan and Bush appointee is highest-ranking Republican to break ranks for Hillary.
I can certainly understand him backing the war monger.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Soooo Gov. Kasich are you saying that you are pro Hillary? Are you going to stay home on election day?

The one thing that all the candidates agreed on was how terrible Hillary is yet many are now helping her by isolating Trump.

Can the country survive 4 years of Hillary. I guess the republicans are willing to take that chance.
To me it sounds like the republicans are getting too cozy with the democrats.
He never said he was pro-Hillary. This is about Trump and Trump alone.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Without reading any responses I'm guessing they are (1) Who cares? Trump doesn't need Kasich anyway and/or (2) The Morning Joe show is out to get Trump and only invites people on who hate him.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
The Rinos never liked Trump.. if they can't get over it, good bye.. good riddance.. they can't get on board because they are either jealous, or want Hillary in the White house. The latter is what I believe..

Trump will shake up Washington, look at the corruption and speak about it.. and they can't handle it.. so funny to see them all having conniptions over Trump and his honest approach.. it is quite telling that Washington can't handle the truth , and they can't control Trumps honesty.. ha ha!!

Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He never said he was pro-Hillary. This is about Trump and Trump alone.
Ever hear the words "if you are not for it , you are against it".. ??? Cry baby Kasich..One thing I noticed about Kasich.. he could get really ugly when he got angry. A real turn off to me.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Add John Kasich to the list of Republican Governors that say they cannot support Trump. Given that a Republican has never won the Presidency without Ohio, and Kasich's popularity in Ohio, this would be the most significant defection.

Kasich on Trump: 'I just can't do it' - POLITICO
Sure john. uh huh. Once again, to me he is part of the group of politicians(ie all of them) who have been mismanaging/running our country into the ground, maintaining a huge list of problems in this country that go unsolved/kick the can down the road type politics, ie ssn/medicare beyond mismanaged/underfunded, almost a 20 trillion debt, lots of nationwide infrastructure in deep need of repairs, 10's of millions out of work, a failed public school system, etc etc etc.

yeah john, we really feel for you/your decision. It resonates. We certainly need your type running the show forever and ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That might happen if Trump were an experienced politician willing to play the game. However, Trump will be angry and will internalize this insult. He'll try to punish Kasich rather than cut a deal.
As they say marlow, if a citizen isn't angry about how our country is being "managed" by the current crop of politicians, one isn't thinking/tuned in.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:36 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Here is my prediction......after the convention. In a back room Kasich get offered Secretary of State.

Kasich: After getting to know Donald a little better at the convention here in the great state of Ohio I have to humble myself to admit that maybe I was a little harsh. We were finally able to sit down and discuss some of his ideas in great detail and I do have to admit that they are the direction we must take the country. Trump will be good for Ohio and the country.

I despise that kind of politics but IMO that is what will happen.
That might happen if Trump were an experienced politician willing to play the game. However, Trump will be angry and will internalize this insult. He'll try to punish Kasich rather than cut a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections