Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 02:20 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,598,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
The only demographic left with any significant support for drumpf are lower educated rural whites. (majority of those are male)

That eliminates lots of other demographics, doesn't it?
So, in other words, hardworking Americans who want the USA to thrive again after this POS in the WH, too bad the rest of the country prefers weakness and pandering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 02:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,609,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Anecdotes.

I know no one who supports Donald Trump. Therefore, no one supports Donald Trump, right?
I work in a fortune 500 firm, there are probably 100+ sitting on my floor at work. Of the 20-30 people I came across weekly, I can name 5-6 Trump haters but I was surprised to learn that many of our H1-B workers supports Trump when asked who they like mainly due to his business acumen. I think being surprised is what most of us will find out in November.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:43 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,905,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Of course, asking LGBT people why they supposedly think so little of Trump, seeing as how Trump has done nothing against LGBT rights. Im guessing leftwing brainwashing. Hillary and Obama have both came out as against gay marriage....yet they get sky high support huh?

Of course Trump has "done nothing against LGBT rights" ... he has never been elected to any kind of elected office in his life so he has no record of influencing policy or law that relates to LGBT rights.

It's the stuff he says that has resulted in near unanimous condemnation by the LGBT community. He has come out against marriage equality. He has hobnobbed with extremist right wing anti-gay bigots. No one is surprise the vast majority of gay folks will not be voting for him.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,839,303 times
I just don't see Trump winning this election. For the most part people don't like him: LGBT, Afro-Americans, women, millennials, Latinos, Muslims, Liberals, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, the media, etc., etc., etc. The man constantly puts his foot in his mouth and doesn't know how to sound intelligent. He has had ample time to sound presidential and smart. The Liberal media is having a field day with him and they are experts at pushing his buttons.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:07 PM

15,837 posts, read 21,372,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Instead of anecdotes (example: "I saw a video on YouTube and this one voter said: "_______ which means candidate ____________ has a ton of support from _____________ demographic")...

There is actually REAL legit polling out there and pollsters are spending a mint to do it. The one warning is that they can only call landlines and many younger voters only have a cell phone. Thus whoever is doing better with the younger voters, add a couple of percent to whatever they found out. Another thing, people live in rural areas without cell service still in certain places.

So with those factors in mind... you can reasonably take a couple of percent from the candidate supported more from older and rural voters (trump) and add a couple of percent to HRC.

Example:
The last three poll in the last week were
Rasmussen: HRC +5
Reuters: HRC +9
Bloomberg: HRC +12

or Clinton up by almost average of 9. Adjusting for the landline and rural factors... Clinton is really up probably 14% Polls that had Johnson/Weld included were more lopsided in favor of Clinton.

The only recent poll with Johnson/Weld AND the green party... Clinton was already up 10 before the landline or rural figured in.
Interesting - I had never thought about the landline issue! In fact, more than half of Americans now no longer have landlines. Those least likely to have landlines are people in urban areas and people under 40 (with more than 65% of those 30 and under cutting the cord as of 2014 - that number is probably much higher now). On the other hand, more than 85% of older Americans still have phones.

The adjusting for landline figures probably skew results even further.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:22 PM

1,683 posts, read 806,812 times
Quote:
Interesting - I had never thought about the landline issue! In fact, more than half of Americans now no longer have landlines. Those least likely to have landlines are people in urban areas and people under 40 (with more than 65% of those 30 and under cutting the cord as of 2014 - that number is probably much higher now). On the other hand, more than 85% of older Americans still have phones.

The adjusting for landline figures probably skew results even further.
It's real issue for polling until they come up with some other scientific accurate way to snap the photo.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:48 PM

24,496 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
People that said the general election was different were right. As a Trump supporter. .. I have to admit.... the majority want the complete opposite of every thing he says.

The U.S. is a liberal country... and from now on, always will be.
The U.S. is not a liberal country.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:52 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,443,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I just don't see Trump winning this election. For the most part people don't like him: LGBT, Afro-Americans, women, millennials, Latinos, Muslims, Liberals, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, the media, etc., etc., etc. The man constantly puts his foot in his mouth and doesn't know how to sound intelligent. He has had ample time to sound presidential and smart. The Liberal media is having a field day with him and they are experts at pushing his buttons.
Hmmm ... all that hate and he still won the nomination ... etc, etc, etc.

El Nox

Old 06-18-2016, 01:58 AM

22,359 posts, read 11,886,395 times
Quote:
Anecdotes.

I know no one who supports Donald Trump. Therefore, no one supports Donald Trump, right?
If I'm not mistaken, you live in Cambridge. Correct? If so, then no surprise that you don't know anyone who supports Trump.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:00 AM

977 posts, read 1,007,984 times
Donald will protect the gays. Read the Koran, being gay is punishable by death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections