Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 10:42 AM

37,744 posts, read 40,805,800 times

Advertisements

The latest polls for Approval Ratings for Congress both ended on 6/5/16.

Gallup, who surveyed ALL ADULTS has them with a 16% approval rating.

You.gov/The Economist who surveyed REGISTERED VOTERS has them with a 9% approval rating.

The reason I have this in Elections is because the crappy dishonest media never bothers to mention this when they talk about the Capitol Hill gangsters running from Trump, the candidate, or giving their wishy-washy half-assed approval of his candidacy. Who the heck would want them talking on his behalf? The failures of those "guys" are the reason Trump had traction almost immediately after he declared...and the same jerks have the nerve to blame him as the reason for possibly losing their seats? Has the media forgotten about that whole outsider thing they used to write about back in the old days of 2015 before "can't get more insider than her" Hillary barked herself the presumptive Democrat nominee?

I'm so angry with all them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:46 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,395,852 times
They are petulant power hungry children who will sell us out in a heartbeat

Old 06-17-2016, 10:49 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,961,496 times
Well if people just keep voting these clowns back in due to name recognition instead of job performance than I am afraid nothing will change. They do not need to do their jobs, they just need more money than their opponent to campaign with.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:52 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,738,353 times
Wait, you forgot President Obama's approval/disapproval rating - it's 53%/43%.
Gallup

Also, the approval/disapproval for the Democratic Party - 46%/46%.
Democratic Party Favorable Rating - Polls

And finally, the Republican Party approval/disapproval rating - 30%/60%.
Republican Party Favorable Rating - Polls

I'm sure this just an inadvertent oversight on your part... glad to help out!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gallup

I am confused, are you trying to defend Congress by making this a Republican/Democrat issue? If so, people like you are part of the problem in this country.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:59 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,142,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Gallup

Stop, Unsettomati, you know it's Obama's fault that Congress' approval rating is low.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Stop, Unsettomati, you know it's Obama's fault that Congress' approval rating is low.
Maybe it is Congresses fault their approval ratings are so low, ever think of that???????? Both republican congress members and democrat members. THEY ALL ARE TO BLAME. THEY ALL SUCK. But keep fighting Democrat v. Republican your whole life..

Old 06-17-2016, 11:07 AM
JRR

8,117 posts, read 5,569,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Well if people just keep voting these clowns back in due to name recognition instead of job performance than I am afraid nothing will change. They do not need to do their jobs, they just need more money than their opponent to campaign with.
Yeah, my representative has been there around 20 years. Touts himself as being a moderate and how much $ he has brought to the area from Washington (and it appears that his family members also do OK from that $). He is so entrenched that the other party doesn't even bother to run anyone of any substance against him. So he basically gets his Congressional hall pass stamped every two years.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,142,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Maybe it is Congresses fault their approval ratings are so low, ever think of that???????? Both republican congress members and democrat members. THEY ALL ARE TO BLAME. THEY ALL SUCK. But keep fighting Democrat v. Republican your whole life..
Sarcasm

And I'm not a D or R.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,881,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The latest polls for Approval Ratings for Congress both ended on 6/5/16.

Gallup, who surveyed ALL ADULTS has them with a 16% approval rating.

You.gov/The Economist who surveyed REGISTERED VOTERS has them with a 9% approval rating.

The reason I have this in Elections is because the crappy dishonest media never bothers to mention this when they talk about the Capitol Hill gangsters running from Trump, the candidate, or giving their wishy-washy half-assed approval of his candidacy. Who the heck would want them talking on his behalf? The failures of those "guys" are the reason Trump had traction almost immediately after he declared...and the same jerks have the nerve to blame him as the reason for possibly losing their seats? Has the media forgotten about that whole outsider thing they used to write about back in the old days of 2015 before "can't get more insider than her" Hillary barked herself the presumptive Democrat nominee?

I'm so angry with all them.
Congress has had single-digit to low double-digit approval ratings for years -- long before Trump was a candidate -- and to assign the reason for their low ratings on failure to hug Trump is preposterous.

What makes it especially preposterous is that if it had anything to do with Trump, why do Congressional Democrats consistently have better ratings than Republicans?
Congress: Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections